Check your account email address ×

In case you faggots were wondering...

Anler

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

I'm sure the sleds would rather you be lighter also..just sayin'.:D

Soon as theres enough snow in revy were heading there to ride....you should come....i bet my fat ass lasts longer on the mountain then yours.....

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

I was just thinking about that yesterday. An Apex would be OK for the trails around here. But would be awesome for Quebec :bc:

Couple years ago I used my buddys sons Apex 2 long weekends that year.  Conditions were fantastic and it just felt right.   I could get used to that real quick  :bc: 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I have both a procross and two poos, I don't think so and neither do most fellers I let ride both.  Its just a matter of preference, doo might have a better one, but I would never trust their ETEC engines, again that's my opinion.

Riding a procross is like riding an 03 to 07 rev imo

35 minutes ago, Dave said:

Hopefully your new sled handles better then your nytro...

My Nitro handled exceptionally well...

32 minutes ago, ckf said:

Isn't piston alley in ME?

You mean Burn down Alley near Pittston Farms

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

Its fun to squeeze off some big power on a nice trail and its cheap and reliable to do now too ....thanks to 4 strokes

My next sled could be a sidewinder/tcat. I will put some miles on my buds this winter and see if I like it. 

16 minutes ago, Edmo said:

My next sled could be a sidewinder/tcat. I will put some miles on my buds this winter and see if I like it. 

I really liked the looks of the blue viper with the white tunnel.

I haven't seen a sidewinder with that color scheme yet. 

For on trail shit that isn't bumpy yeah a turbo would be the cats ass but they do legit weigh like 650lbs without a rider.

I dont mind having less top end but shedding 200lbs off. I just like to be able to throw the sled around and off trail type stuff heavy sleds just wear you out IMO.

We do a lot of high speed shit too but until i get older and retire from off trail riding i wont be on a 4s.

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Riding a procross is like riding an 03 to 07 rev imo

Eww....I don;t know.  I loved my revs.  Had a lot of time and money into the last ones suspension.  I liked it better than my Xp I think.  But that procross feels like a full on racer ready to be beat on and take anything.  I'd be lying if I said I never had to take a hammer and broom handle and bend my doos back into place every now and then.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Eww....I don;t know.  I loved my revs.  Had a lot of time and money into the last ones suspension.  I liked it better than my Xp I think.  But that procross feels like a full on racer ready to be beat on and take anything.  I'd be lying if I said I never had to take a hammer and broom handle and bend my doos back into place every now and then.

i don't know..for ease of riding the xp is way nicer.

7 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

i don't know..for ease of riding the xp is way nicer.

Oh, it was THE MACHINE..don't get me wrong.  But I could ride the shit out of my rev.  I never quite could get the XP to handle as well.  But, I also spent a lot more money and time on the Rev too.  So, it may not be fair.  

Sleds are funny, it all depends on each individuals body and riding style as to what works best.  Honestly, I don't even have enough miles on my PC to judge it against them yet other than it is stronger and I am a shy faster on it...but it definitely feels heavier, which is kind of a weird feeling because it feels just as easy to control in the twisties.

Hopefully get some good time on it this year.

Edited by Zambroski

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Oh, it was THE MACHINE..don't get me wrong.  But I could ride the shit out of my rev.  I never quite could get the XP to handle as well.  But, I also spent a lot more money and time on the Rev too.  So, it may not be fair.  

Sleds are funny, it all depends on each individuals body and riding style as to what works best.  Honestly, I don't even have enough miles on my PC to judge it against them yet other than it is stronger and I am a shy faster on it...but it definitely feels heavier, which is kind of a weird feeling because it feels just as easy to control in the twisties.

Hopefully get some good time on it this year.

yeah..the rev feels like more of a racer to me but i get way less tired with long miles on the xp...the xp tops over hills nicer also..to me anyways.

My wife can't stand my rev but will ride her xp all day and then some.

Edited by Capt.Storm

3 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

yeah..the rev feels like more of a racer to me but i get way less tired with long miles on the xp...the xp tops over hills nicer also..to me anyways.

My wife can't stand my rev but will ride her xp all day and then some.

Just now, ckf said:

The XP fits me better than the Rev.

I know my XRS had a nice little riser on it that my Rev didn't have.  I always wondered if that made the difference.  And I agree that the XP allowed for more comfortable riding.  I think the forward positioning was moved up quite a bit.

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

I know my XRS had a nice little riser on it that my Rev didn't have.  I always wondered if that made the difference.  And I agree that the XP allowed for more comfortable riding.  I think the forward positioning was moved up quite a bit.

I could never relax on a long ride on the REV. You were locked in to one position. The only other option was to stand up,

2 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

yeah..more foot room is nice also.

I wonder how the new chassis feels? Haven't had a chance to sit on one yet. The seat looks a little skimpy to me.

Just now, ckf said:

I could never relax on a long ride on the REV. You were locked in to one position. The only other option was to stand up,

I think that was the major complaint.  It really shared it's racing roots a bit too much.  The "fetal attack position" kinda sucked on long rides home.  

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

I think that was the major complaint.  It really shared it's racing roots a bit too much.  The "fetal attack position" kinda sucked on long rides home.  

I put a lot of miles on my Rev with @Angry ginger He had knee issues and the big goon had to stand up a lot on his Rev. Funny thing was that little guy in his suspension always waving the white flag :lol: