Check your account email address ×

Amsnow Shootout

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

only 1,house you can rent and ride out of in the ears.  it is the one Chris use to run Back countery adventures out of . most guys just camp in the trailers on the hill then get a room to shower in in kremmling .

you sure the ears are where you want to base out of? how much you want to spend ? what dfory of amenities you need? 

we keep 3 trailers in the rv park in kremmling over the winter and 3 trucks in Denver and fly in .

yesterday I drove up from AZ just to ride for the day with my crew on the way home only 6hrs out of the way lol . 

the ears are fun but deff get a fuck ton of trafic .

the flat tops about 45 min to a hr  south west of steamboat .you get only local trafic you are shocked if you see it here another sled . but you crash you are deff driving for parts.  I know of a sweet house they rent out there but $$$$ if you have like 6 or more guys not to bad .

we are planning on at least 1 trip to that house this winter and prob camp in trailers for 1 long weekend at end of road this winter .

if you want to talk about it pm me I will shoot you my number 

We are going to be in Altona so I think Rabbit Ears is almost 3 hrs so that probably wont work. Is there anything near  Rocky Mt Nat Park? That would be much closer.

Wouldn't mind 3 hrs if we could get on the sleds and go like at Togwotee.

10 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

I,m not sure how many of you guys have actually been to the site of the shoot-out, but there is zero way there to actually measure how good or bad a sled runs. The ever changing conditions do not allow consistant launches, from one sled  to another.

It,s a bull dozed laneway, out in a rough field. IF it was held on ice, or pavement, you would actually be able to see more consistant runs, from all sleds.

This event is great for drinking beer, eating hot dogs and burgers, and teasing your buds, but does absolutely nothing to determine quickest or fastest sleds. I,ve see runs were sleds hook up and go, and I,ve seen 20 ft roostertails of mud and snow. Zero hook-up consistantzy.

Being brand loyal to zero brands, I,m not making excuses for any brand. The winners just happened to have the luck of launching better than others. They are all very close, and I,m sure real results of running your buddies will differ, from day to day. 

Agreed.

3 hours ago, Anler said:

Maybe but the fit and finish on the Doo are many levels above the others. That is just reality. 

Accessories and being better earlier, I’d agree.  I think the Polaris elevated the game as is as good as the doo.

3 hours ago, thewayout said:

My 2011 xrs wasn’t the pinnacle of build quality but I personally think that my Axys blows it out of the water. Can’t speak for the newer XS and g4 sleds. 

My 14 freeride was good.  My 16-17 Polarises are better, and no Achilles heel front ends.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

An xp has all the fit and finish of a fucking 2003 f7 , xr was just as bad. I think we need an actual lesson on what fit and finish means if anyone thinks an xp was a decent example 

Ok now I know you’re high.  2003 cats looked like a high school shop class project.  Who the fuck uses self tappers on a modern snowmobile these days?!

37 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

So just like on my sled ?   Wow , Anler will hail this as some fabulous new Skidoo innovation :lol: 

Polaris had it in 15 I believe.  Superior design, you can all panels off in less than a minute.  My 12 cat was a friggin nightmare, and my 14 doo wasn’t much better

10 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

I,m not sure how many of you guys have actually been to the site of the shoot-out, but there is zero way there to actually measure how good or bad a sled runs. The ever changing conditions do not allow consistant launches, from one sled  to another.

It,s a bull dozed laneway, out in a rough field. IF it was held on ice, or pavement, you would actually be able to see more consistant runs, from all sleds.

This event is great for drinking beer, eating hot dogs and burgers, and teasing your buds, but does absolutely nothing to determine quickest or fastest sleds. I,ve see runs were sleds hook up and go, and I,ve seen 20 ft roostertails of mud and snow. Zero hook-up consistantzy.

Being brand loyal to zero brands, I,m not making excuses for any brand. The winners just happened to have the luck of launching better than others. They are all very close, and I,m sure real results of running your buddies will differ, from day to day. 

Agreed.

3 hours ago, Anler said:

Maybe but the fit and finish on the Doo are many levels above the others. That is just reality. 

Accessories and being better earlier, I’d agree.  I think the Polaris elevated the game as is as good as the doo.

My 2011 xrs wasn’t the pinnacle of build quality but I personally think that my Axys blows it out of the water. Can’t speak for the newer XS and g4 sleds. 

My 14 freeride was good.  My 16-17 Polarises are better, and no Achilles heel front ends.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

An xp has all the fit and finish of a fucking 2003 f7 , xr was just as bad. I think we need an actual lesson on what fit and finish means if anyone thinks an xp was a decent example 

Ok now I know you’re high.  2003 cats looked like a high school shop class project.  Who the fuck uses self tappers on a modern snowmobile these days?!

43 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

So just like on my sled ?   Wow , Anler will hail this as some fabulous new Skidoo innovation :lol: 

Polaris had it in 15 I believe.  Superior design, you can all panels off in less than a minute.  My 12 cat was a friggin nightmare, and my 14 doo wasn’t much better

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Agreed.

No way, skidoo owns the accessory market. Nobody is making poo or cat adapter plates to put their accessories in their skidoo. :lol:

22 minutes ago, s pump said:

We are going to be in Altona so I think Rabbit Ears is almost 3 hrs so that probably wont work. Is there anything near  Rocky Mt Nat Park? That would be much closer.

Wouldn't mind 3 hrs if we could get on the sleds and go like at Togwotee.

Grand lake is 2 hrs 30 mins and rents sleds l.  Of course for all I know they’re 2001 bearcat 550.  Get on that :bc: 

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

No way, skidoo owns the accessory market. Nobody is making poo or cat adapter plates to put their accessories in their skidoo. :lol:

Maybe I misstated, but agree on accessories.  I’m using a linq can and bag mounted on a linq plate, and an oxygen helmet this year, all ski doo parts. :bc: 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Maybe I misstated, but agree on accessories.  I’m using a linq can and bag mounted on a linq plate, and an oxygen helmet this year, all ski doo parts. :bc: 

I know guys that put Arctic cat stickers on their skidoo helmets. :bc:

20 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Agreed.

My 13 was the same. Most fkng imbecilic abortion of a panel attatchment system ever devised  :bc:

And yes , Skee Doo has the accessory department nailed down , nobody else even comes close

30 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

My 13 was the same. Most fkng imbecilic abortion of a panel attatchment system ever devised  :bc:

And yes , Skee Doo has the accessory department nailed down , nobody else even comes close

My 13 fit together well.  Never had a problem with it.  That fucking “bat wing” dealy was stupid as fuck though.  

17 hours ago, jtssrx said:

119 on most dyoes. Yamaha put out some crazy  conservative crap from the factory except for the SRX Apex and now the sidewinder. Vipers responded well to pipes, porting. I had one that made 155 on the same dyno a stocker made 119, It ran really good. This one in the the pictures was a stock 700 bore. It make 190 at Carl Galloways dyno. I bought it from Allen Ulmer. Darcy Rorentrotter hand built the pipes did porting and head work. This sled beat up on many. 

005E1337-461E-42F2-BC6C-1EE0E72BEBEF.jpeg

18A15CC5-33D0-4012-81DC-74B22898E81E.jpeg

Darcy definitely knows how to build an engine. I believe that he builds Gunnar Sterne's engines also. But why is his last name so hard to spell?😅

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Darcy definitely knows how to build an engine. I believe that he builds Gunnar Sterne's engines also. But why is his last name so hard to spell?😅

There’s a name I haven’t heard in a while.  My uncle knew them and they supplied me with some special clutch parts that really woke my SRX right up.

Edited by DriftBusta

I like mine. It’s been good. Only complaint is that it’s heavy. I’m considering going with a goggle setup for those warmer days. 

I have the CKX titan and it's been great. -15f no problem.

7 hours ago, f7ben said:

20181205_114211.jpg

7 hours ago, f7ben said:

It is just a comfy trail sled.......I havent turned the boost up at all yet. Its a 128 and I'll need to add some better traction products to the track this year

Get a track extension and make it a 136, it balances the sled out perfectly.

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Get a track extension and make it a 136, it balances the sled out perfectly.

Did yours never rub? I'd probably keep it at a 1" lug with .5" stud penetration 

Id hate to tear that heat exchanger up

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Did yours never rub? I'd probably keep it at a 1" lug with .5" stud penetration 

Id hate to tear that heat exchanger up

Mine didn't rub 1.25, it really transforms the sled, go with the 1" to give peace of mind with those stupid nails :lol:

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Mine didn't rub 1.25, it really transforms the sled, go with the 1" to give peace of mind with those stupid nails :lol:

Lolz....I'll eventually be running the sled at full kill. 24lbs of boost makes stupid nails a necessity 

Just now, f7ben said:

Lolz....I'll eventually be running the sled at full kill. 24lbs of boost makes stupid nails a necessity 

Yep and a 136, you will be so happy :bc:

This is what I went with:  https://www.tracksusa.com/F-Series--Z1---07---11--Crossfire-R--09---11-detail.htm?productId=-438926&browse=-47266&shopBy=-13183&catalogId=-3708