Check your account email address ×

Alaska Earthquake

Power came on a little bit ago.  Just perusing Facebook.  Wowza.  Lots of people suffered MAJOR structural damage.  A neighbor 3 doors down his house is totaled.  Massive crack in his foundation and hundreds of big sheetrock cracks.  He is devastated.  Another friend in Eagle River, right on top of the epicenter his house is destroyed.  massive structural damage.  Probably not fixable

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hahaha.  That lady is long gone now.  

Scary stuff, Tom. Glad to hear no damage and no injuries. I have only been through a small tremor/quake. I can't imagine going through something like you experienced.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

You take her out?

:lol:

She was about 5 years older than me.  Had a body like a 20 year old.  Her boobs would arrive about 30 seconds before the rest of her body.  Hahaha.  

She would come over to borrow tools of mine that she already had.  She borrowed my pressure washer so many times that I eventually bought a new one and gave her my old one.  About a week later she said my old one was not very good and asked to borrow my brand new one.  

The lady was a riot.  She would borrow almost every lawn and garden tool I had them proceed to tell me I didn't buy very good tools and they felt cheep.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

She was about 5 years older than me.  Had a body like a 20 year old.  Her boobs would arrive about 30 seconds before the rest of her body.  Hahaha.  

She would come over to borrow tools of mine that she already had.  She borrowed my pressure washer so many times that I eventually bought a new one and gave her my old one.  About a week later she said my old one was not very good and asked to borrow my brand new one.  

The lady was a riot.  She would borrow almost every lawn and garden tool I had them proceed to tell me I didn't buy very good tools and they felt cheep.  

Any pics? :dunno:

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hahaha.  That lady is long gone now.  

Lol , the pic of the house reminded me of the story for some twisted reason , lol.  Truly glad to hear that you and Shell are ok , Tom . Sorry about yer friends house . Hang in there buddy . :bc:

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Ummm.  No pics.  She was old and not pretty.  

Who cares about her face! I want to see the 20yr old like body and tits that arrived 30 seconds before she did! :bounce:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is an aerial view of Vine Road 1/4 mile from my daughters house.  She drove across that very spot 4 minutes before the quake.  She was 1 mile from there dropping kids off at Daycare when the quake hit.   

47069795_2204132899618762_54488956869699

Edited by AKIQPilot

Things will be fine around here.  Lots of massive road damage in sporadic places..  Lots of structural damage to commercial buildings.  I think most if not all grocery and shopping stores are closed.  

I lost 2 jars of salsa out of all my doomsday prep stuff.  One jar of spaghetti sauce.  One jar of jelly.  Everything else survived good.  

We have a months worth of food at the house easily.  Lots more counting all my canned stuff in the shop.  2 freezers of fish and wild game.  We could survive for a while even if the house gets destroyed.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So WTF do you do with the aftershocks?  Just wait them out at home?  Drink yourself into not caring in the shop?

I remember when I was much more youthful, we had a quake here in MN and the epicenter was not far from my parents house.  Standing outside and the ground starts shaking a little bit like a piece of heavy equipment a few feet away.  Probably in the mid-90's.  

• Gold Member

Just went to town in Dutch Harbor and its all anyone is talking about. The guy at the Delta Western dock has been trying to get back to Anchorage to be with his family, no one hurt thankfully.