Check your account email address ×

Alaska Earthquake

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Holy cow Tom!!!!

I thought you were down south.

Glad you guys are ok. Yikes.

We came home for the holidays. 

Another shaker. They are predicting another big one within a few hours. 

Power is out again. 

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hahaha.  I think we have this.  

The road damage is severe.  Lots of major roads destroyed or damaged.  

Maybe you could get a roll of paper towels or something

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

We came home for the holidays. 

Another shaker. They are predicting another big one within a few hours. 

Power is out again. 

All of anchorage out as well?  I remember being told that the fort rich power plant was the only one that wasn’t damaged during the big one and kept generating

7 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey Tom, glad you guys are ok. You mentioned earlier your walls moved a few feet ? Did they go back to the same spot, or are they now off of the foundation ?

My house is on a 10” thick concrete slab with poured cement walls. Its a walk out basement style house. 

The entire structure was moving up and down and sideways with the ground and trees and everything else.  

As I was running down the hall downstairs,  about 40’ long, i was bouncing off the walls  i fell twice and fell going up the stairs. it was just like in the movies  

i cant find any structural damage here  no cracks in the drywall even.   but its early  im sure there is damage in places i havent checked yet  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Maybe you could get a roll of paper towels or something

All of anchorage out as well?  I remember being told that the fort rich power plant was the only one that wasn’t damaged during the big one and kept generating

Power is on and off all over south central Alaska.  I dont know the exact boubdaries but power is hit and miss for a 75 mile radius. 

My son in law works in anchorage. 8th floor of a 10 story building. He was preparing for a meeting at his desk when the quake hit. He said the building shook violently. Ceiling tile and light fixtures falling from the ceiling. A water sprinkler main broke on his floor. A natural gas main broke on another floor. They evacuated within seconds after the quake stopped. 

He headed home to the valley by 9am. About a 40 mile trip on 2 and 3 lane divided hwy. 2hrs and 15 minutes later and he is just now 10 miles outside of Anchorage. Lots of overpasses and bridges damaged. Parts of the road missing. 15,000 commuters trying to get out of Anchorage and back tonthe Valley. 

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wowza.  That one was bad.  Lots of damage all over Anchorage and the Valley.  I will post some pictures

My house shook really bad.  Floors and walls moved feet.  I ran down the hall and up starts to my wife and was bouncing off the walls.  I couldn't even stand up.  

damn....

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Jesus!  Hang on to something, Tommy!  This is what happens when you get @Kivalo up there fucking around with the natural order and shit!  God hates him!

Holy crap forgot about that.....hope he is safe! 

24 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hahaha. What did trump say. Is he coming to the rescue?  

We are good. No power. No news. 

i heard he was, blaming you guys for creating snowpiles in the wrong places...

"norwegians, they use these new snowplows, and move the snow in special places. they told me this. very smart people"

Edited by Snoslinger

Just now, Snoslinger said:

i heard he was, blaming you guys for creating snowpiles in the wrong places...

Well if Trump wasn’t a complete idiot he would know we dont have any snow so there are no piles anywhere. Hahahaha

i just completed an outside assessment. A couple big crack on the lake. One big crack in my yard. Only a few inches wide but 50’ long at least. 

No structural damage to my house or shop. Lots of stuff in my shop cabinets is on the floor. Lots of broken jars. Much of my doomsday prep stuff is damaged....... 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well if Trump wasn’t a complete idiot he would know we dont have any snow so there are no piles anywhere. Hahahaha

i just completed an outside assessment. A couple big crack on the lake. One big crack in my yard. Only a few inches wide but 50’ long at least. 

No structural damage to my house or shop. Lots of stuff in my shop cabinets is on the floor. Lots of broken jars. Much of my doomsday prep stuff is damaged....... 

:owned: