Check your account email address ×

Robert Mueller report ‘is going to be devastating to the president,’ Trump ally Alan Dershowitz warns

Interesting.

Robert Mueller report ‘is going to be devastating to the president,’ Trump ally Alan Dershowitz warns

Harvard Law professor emeritus and constitutional scholar Alan Dershowitz believes Robert Mueller’s report into Russian interference during the 2016 election will be “devastating to the president”. 

The law expert took to ABC News on Sunday to share his predictions for the imminent report from the Special Counsel, tasked with investigating whether Donald Trump's campaign played a role in working with Russian officials to potentially sway the election in their favour. 

As a frequent and ardent defender of Mr Trump, his comments may have come as a shock to many. 

“I think the report is going to be devastating to the president and I know that the president’s team is already working on a response to the report,” he said on the network’s show, This Week. “When I say devastating, I mean it’s going to paint a picture that’s going to be politically very devastating.”

He added, “I still don’t think it’s going to make a criminal case.”

In recent weeks, the president and his attorneys have prepared responses to a slate of questions the Special Counsel’s office sent in writing to the White House, as analysts said they expect a number of indictments to come down in the coming weeks. 

As for the final report, it remains unclear when exactly the Special Counsel may finalise its findings — as well as whether or not the public will have the opportunity to read about those discoveries. 

On Sunday, Mr Dershowitz said he did not believe Mr Trump could face charges over obstruction of justice, saying he could only face those punishments if “he does what [former President Richard] Nixon did, destroy evidence, tamper with witnesses, pay hush money.” 

“You can’t tamper with witnesses by issuing public tweets,” he said.

Mr Trump has repeatedly professed his supposed innocence over any alleged election meddling ever since assuming the Oval Office.

On Monday, Mr Trump wrote on Twitter, “When Mueller does his final report, will he be covering all of his conflicts of interest in a preamble, will he be recommending action on all of the crimes of many kinds from those “on the other side”(whatever happened to Podesta?), and will he be putting in statements from hundreds of people closely involved with my campaign who never met, saw or spoke to a Russian during this period? So many campaign workers, people inside from the beginning, ask me why they have not been called (they want to be).”

He added, “There was NO Collusion & Mueller knows it!”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/robert-mueller-russia-probe-report-trump-ally-lawyer-alan-dershowitz-impact-response-a8653251.html

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wince is a fucking retard

the only damaging stuff to the president is the sound bytes cnn is going to take out of contexts 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hey it was part of Trump's Tweet, are you drunk, high, or both? :lol:

On Monday, Mr Trump wrote on Twitter, “When Mueller does his final report, will he be covering all of his conflicts of interest in a preamble, will he be recommending action on all of the crimes of many kinds from those “on the other side”(whatever happened to Podesta?), and will he be putting in statements from hundreds of people closely involved with my campaign who never met, saw or spoke to a Russian during this period? So many campaign workers, people inside from the beginning, ask me why they have not been called (they want to be).”

8 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Wince is a fucking retard

the only damaging stuff to the president is the sound bytes cnn is going to take out of contexts 

Eggzactly.

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

WTF does "politically devastating" even mean.  Everyone who already hates Trump will still hate him and everyone who still likes will continue to like him.  There is no one in the middle of this any more.  

Yup.  The big difference here is the left still think everyone is going to automatically say, “uh...yup...you retards were correct!  TRUMP IS A RUSSIAN PLANT!!!  I should have voted for Hillary!!!”

Silliness.

• Haha 1

Libs will love the headlines regardless of what is actually in the report.

Conservatives already know there was no collusion or it would have leaked out months ago.

Wouldn't it be something if Wikileaks revealed their source after Mueller's report and it wasn't the Russians?  That would be the final nail in the coffin for Russian collusion. 

Don't worry though, indicting a few Russians and a few 14 day stays for lying to the FBI and Mueller is a hero to the left.

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Republicans decided not to remove a sitting president. Case closed. 

The same is gonna happen with Trump except for the impeachment part. So big waste of time and money. 

And put assange away before the 2020 election so he can't expose the dasterdly deeds the Dems are gonna do to Trump this time!