Check your account email address ×

Cut the cord

Snake

No more bullshit.

Internet, phone and TV was $253 a month with Spectrum, including all equipment rentals. Bought my own modem with wifi, got Vonage for $21 a month, and ROKUs for the TVs. Hulu for $30 a month gives me ALL I want.

Internet $67, $21 for phone and $35 for TV. $118 instead of $253.

After an initial investment of about $300, It pays for it's self in less than 3 months.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I have been thinking about getting an HD antenna,..but I love watching racing.. At a loss on what to do..

I'm at about $400/mo- TV, internet, 3 cell phones

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I have been thinking about getting an HD antenna,..but I love watching racing.. At a loss on what to do..

I'm at about $400/mo- TV, internet, 3 cell phones

YouTube TV, Hulu Live, Playstation Vue, DirecTV Now, Sling TV, to name a few.  I use DirecTV Now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well, can't cut the cord if the wife can't watch what is happening between Nicky and Victor.

I don't know who Nicky and Victor are but I bet if you cut the cord you can still find what's happening with rerun and Raj. and even see what snappy comeback Shirley is serving up .

I am at 211 for cable and internet . I pretty much watch 80% movies so the premiums add to the total for sure . then i broke down this yr and got internet at the cabin . I fought it for a long time . wish I would have fought it longer . 

Edited by Ez ryder

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Sent DirecTV packing a while ago when I looked at a bill at is was around $145/month, no internet.  

Do not regret it, but will probably get Amazon Prime here next week since I'll have plenty of time to catch up on the Grand Tour.  

Got Prime as well.

Ain't suffering for access.

Bonus is the new modem/router is kicking it. Full bars everywhere in the house.

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I don't know who Nicky and Victor are but I bet if you cut the cord you can still find what's happening with rerun and Raj. and even see what snappy comeback Shirley is serving up .

I am at 211 for cable and internet . I pretty much watch 80% movies so the premiums add to the total for sure . then i broke down this yr and got internet at the cabin . I fought it for a long time . wish I would have fought it longer . 

Where have you been?:lol:

I don't care for cable/sat, just the wife.  Hell she still uses a passbook at the bank.:lol:

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

i just beat the crap out of comcast and get them to match their new customer deal,  internet and the channels i need for under $100 plus $10 each for HULU and netflix.  my kids don't really watch much on cable but i want my sports.  

Did you sign a contract?

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Where have you been?:lol:

I don't care for cable/sat, just the wife.  Hell she still uses a passbook at the bank.:lol:

passbook lol do they really still have them ?

I have not balanced my personal checkbook in like 30 yrs . I am a slacker at that shit big time have a  line of credit attached when  I get a balance transfer notification I know it is time to go deposit a pile of checks lol 

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

passbook lol do they really still have them ?

I have not balanced my personal checkbook in like 30 yrs . I am a slacker at that shit big time have a  line of credit attached when  I get a balance transfer notification I know it is time to go deposit a pile of checks lol 

Yes, don't even go there.:lol:

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

2 years at a time,  this month i need to whack them again.  

You don't really work them much by re-signing.  A few cable providers here do no contracts a fair bit less than the big guys.  

25 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

You don't really work them much by re-signing.  A few cable providers here do no contracts a fair bit less than the big guys.  

lucky you in my town the city fucks it's residence by giving 1 provider a monopoly and internet you can get 2 options . just next town over you get 5 internet options 

39 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

DirecTV emails me about every other day with a $300 cash card if we'd go back to them.  

Yeah.

No.

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

DirecTV emails me about every other day with a $300 cash card if we'd go back to them.  

Yeah.

No.

You just have to sign a 2yr deal and they'll jack up rates after 12 months 

11 hours ago, Kev144 said:

here in the states in general you have only 1 option in a town for tv and usually 2 for internet between the phone companies  dsl and cable broadband.  in a few places theres also a fios network.  last time i worked them over i went from $179 to 79 for the base fee before box and tax.  i want the 2 year contract at that point they used to do it in year blocks and it annoys the fuck out of me to deal with them.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

I've been using the Amazon Fire TV for about 6 months now and have no regrets for the most part. It takes some getting used to and has it's downfalls like streaming local news is sketchy or having to hunt for a particular sporting event but not having a cable bill anymore is worth it so far.

33 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

here in the states in general you have only 1 option in a town for tv and usually 2 for internet between the phone companies  dsl and cable broadband.  in a few places theres also a fios network.  last time i worked them over i went from $179 to 79 for the base fee before box and tax.  i want the 2 year contract at that point they used to do it in year blocks and it annoys the fuck out of me to deal with them.  

We typically have one choice as well for cable, dsl etc.  Really crappy but there are new isp that are resellers poping up with no contract and fairly cheaper pricing.  I went from 87 a month for Internet to 50 for the exact same service. 

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

We typically have one choice as well for cable, dsl etc.  Really crappy but there are new isp that are resellers poping up with no contract and fairly cheaper pricing.  I went from 87 a month for Internet to 50 for the exact same service. 

Is that 1G service?

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Is that 1G service?

No we are a cogeco area.  I switched to start.ca no contract.   They are bringing out tv shortly for those that need cable.  Should be around 99 bucks a month for Internet and TV bundle.  

4 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

No we are a cogeco area.  I switched to start.ca no contract.   They are bringing out tv shortly for those that need cable.  Should be around 99 bucks a month for Internet and TV bundle.  

We had Start at the office for internet when we were capped at 5 meg, we were starving.  Good company but Bell did not let them resell when they brought in the higher speeds, I think they can now.

Doesn't VMedia have internet and TV? 

At home I was paying $75 for 250meg and just upgraded to 1G for $94.

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We had Start at the office for internet when we were capped at 5 meg, we were starving.  Good company but Bell did not let them resell when they brought in the higher speeds, I think they can now.

Doesn't VMedia have internet and TV? 

At home I was paying $75 for 250meg and just upgraded to 1G for $94.

Business Internet at home I assume?  Vmedia does but it is ranked poorly on Canadianisp.