Check your account email address ×

Happy Halloween

Pete

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Platinum Contributing Member

I don't live in a subdivision, thank god, so I won't have too many kids coming though. If this rain doesn't let up by evening there wont be any and I'll be left with 10 lbs of candy. 

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I don't live in a subdivision, thank god, so I won't have too many kids coming though. If this rain doesn't let up by evening there wont be any and I'll be left with 10 lbs of candy. 

im so far off the road no one comes by

• Like 2

Growing up in the 80's in the burbs north of Detroit you could trick or treat from 6:00 all the way up 10:00 sometimes. Canvas multiple subdivisions and fill more then a pillowcase with candy. Kids running around everywhere and not a care in the world. Good times and that's not even talking abut all the shit we did on Devils Night!  :lol: 

Kids these days have Trunk or Treat in a parking lot during the day and maybe 2 hours to go door to door closely monitored by their helicopter parents

• Thanks 1

Just now, Skidooski said:

Growing up in the 80's in the burbs north of Detroit you could trick or treat from 6:00 all the way up 10:00 sometimes. Canvas multiple subdivisions and fill more then a pillowcase with candy. Kids running around everywhere and not a care in the world. Good times and that's not even talking abut all the shit we did on Devils Night!  :lol: 

Kids these days have Trunk or Treat in a parking lot during the day and maybe 2 hours to go door to door closely monitored by their helicopter parents

Like burn the fucking place down?

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

same here. great fun.

yup society has changed a lot now. Im glad I was able to grow up when I did. never be another time like that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Like burn the fucking place down?

Detroit itself use to burn on Devils Night every year and some years it was pretty bad! I never participated in that but we did our own mischievous shit from the safety of our overwhelmingly and predominantly white neighborhoods :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Detroit itself use to burn on Devils Night every year and some years it was pretty bad! I never participated in that but we did our own mischievous shit from the safety of our overwhelmingly and predominantly white neighborhoods :lol: 

Dearborn heights?

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Dearborn heights?

I grew up in the heights lol. No fires just throwing eggs and soaping windows.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I grew up in the heights lol. No fires just throwing eggs and soaping windows.

:lol: Yep and TP'ing trees and houses, pranking friends etc. We got a knock on the door one year and our house hard full size cardboard cut outs at all the doors and windows. Do you remember "Alex the butcher" from the Kroger commercials? He was right outside our door wall when my mom went to check. Scared the shit out of her! :lol2:   

Next year my parents and their friends "collected" a ton of those small political yard signs and plastered my buddies house in retaliation. Had to be a hundred of them all over his lawn

26 minutes ago, Edmo said:

We’ll have a “mob” of kids. It’s like a baby boom around here...

I got put on a Job down in Chicago Heights for the next 3 weeks. I do have to go up to Napeltons one night next week. I will let you know.I didn’t forget about you.

Happy Halloween.

I live in a rural subdivision with about 24 houses. The smallest lot is around 1.5 acres, so there is a bit of space between each house. What kids there are here don't bother walking our street. Their parents bring them into the city right off the hop. Apparently it is pretty popular to go to the west Edmonton mall and go trick or treating as all the store fronts hand out candy.

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Except a razor blade in an apple.  Not really sure if that ever happened, or it was a hoax, but it was always talked about.  Thinking back now it was probably an urban legend that struck fear in every parent.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

same here. great fun.

yup society has changed a lot now. Im glad I was able to grow up when I did. never be another time like that

Holy shit people would lose their minds  if they caught kids "vandalizing"   their home.  Always good fun. One family in our neighborhood always got it the worst. 

43 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

:lol: Yep and TP'ing trees and houses, pranking friends etc. We got a knock on the door one year and our house hard full size cardboard cut outs at all the doors and windows. Do you remember "Alex the butcher" from the Kroger commercials? He was right outside our door wall when my mom went to check. Scared the shit out of her! :lol2:   

Next year my parents and their friends "collected" a ton of those small political yard signs and plastered my buddies house in retaliation. Had to be a hundred of them all over his lawn

In our neighborhood we had a pink flamingo that traveled from yard to yard. 

First year with granddaughter. cant wait to push her around. Been awhile since we took the kids. Always the houses where the people go all out with the decorations, music, adult beverages    :bc:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't had a kid since I moved out of town. That first year the 2 kids across the road came over. That was 13 years ago. A new family moved in next door with 2 kids under 5 but they didn't come over last year. I think they take them into town.