Check your account email address ×

Daughter Wants to Buy a Sled

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Never ever got cold on my SRX 700's . They were a fucking blast , compared to my Vmax4's. The sounds of either wound up was just perfect for my ears and arms.

I didn’t get cold riding it but she could be a little stiff after a cold night outside.:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

jimmy, i can hear your daughter now.. I cant go to the party or bar, im going riding in the morning..:thumbsup:

more like,  shit i can only drink till 3 if we are going to be up and ride before noon.  or maybe thats just my kid :dunno:  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Jim is she riding with out you? A sled with cfi/sdi may be better than fiddling with choke etc if alone 

She will probably be with her roommate and her BF at first and a fi sled would be much easier to deal with.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

She will probably be with her roommate and her BF at first and a fi sled would be much easier to deal with.

Who knows about them but if you aren't around and she's. Rookie id go FI just imo of course 

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

if she can't figure out flip the choke to start it then flip it off perhaps she's not ready for a sled :snack:  

Weren't you the one always starting the sled for your son or was that amg? 

:snack: 

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

if she can't figure out flip the choke to start it then flip it off perhaps she's not ready for a sled :snack:  

Your marital gloominess is creeping everywhere....it's not healthy.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I'm surprised he isn't divorced yet. But, he always said it was cheaper to keep her :lol:

7 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Take a poster size picture of yours to keep in your garage, and give her yours, since the last 8 sleds you,ve bought haven,t left the garage while you owned them. Win, win. LOL

Ok...do you guys have all the 500ss jokes out of your systems yet...fuckers!!🤣🤣😝😝

I’ve been telling her that things will break and it isn’t a cheap sport but she won’t quit bugging me. The good thing is that the kid with the house in Gwinn is a redneck gear head type so I’m sure he would help her out....I just started perusing CL and found this....

https://up.craigslist.org/snw/d/2011-polaris-iq-shift-600/6725902534.html

2 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Weren't you the one always starting the sled for your son or was that amg? 

:snack: 

i started it for him when he was 8 and got his first trail sled with no electric start

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

when you haven't been laid in 30 days it takes a toll on a man

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I'm surprised he isn't divorced yet. But, he always said it was cheaper to keep her :lol:

:snack:  8 months 25 days 4 hours 51 minutes.  

9 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We were talking about it last weekend and my wife is bringing up the little Jag I bought for her and how she didn’t like it blah,blah,blah....I’m like WTF she was 10 years old! 🤣🤣

You might have her ride one a few times and see if she really wants to put in the effort before buying ?   orrrr  you could  buy mine for yourself and pass yours on down 😀

10 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So it turns out my daughters roommate at NMU and her boyfriend have sleds and the boyfriends family have a camp not too far from campus and they really want Sarah to ride with them on the weekends. She has her college expenses covered and would pay for the sled with her own money...she also has another friend from HS that attends NMU and lives in a house in Gwinn and offered to help her pick the sled up, keep it his house, ect....he rides as well. At first I was against it because of the logistics, the money the inherent problems..ect.....but the more I think about it the more I like the idea as she is up there so she might as well have a hobby that she enjoys and if she has friends to ride with why not? Of course my navel gazing no fun mopey type wife is adamantly against it but that can be worked around. Just curious as to what my fellow sledders/parents think.

if living in the snow belt why would you not want one . lets see spend your disposable income on gas and oil . or getting trashed at the bar or house party ending up vomiting in a snow bank   . put it to the wife that way .

just go out and buy her a new sport 600 with a 5 yr warranty if you dont have the money drop down 2 k and just pay the 150 a mo and tell her it is all she is getting from you from here on out until it is paid off  

34 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i started it for him when he was 8 and got his first trail sled with no electric start

when you haven't been laid in 30 days it takes a toll on a man

:snack:  8 months 25 days 4 hours 51 minutes.  

30 days...that's it...damn I'm bowing out without saying anything else.

• Haha 2