Check your account email address ×

Pipe and fitting price out look from a vender.

20 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

https://www.porterpipe.com/q4-2018-forecast-report/  Doesn’t look that bad to me? Fuck China junk.

Look how much the price of steel rose since December 2016, and then look at the 50% increase from November 2017 to August 2018, it sucks when you bid a job in November and steel isn't going to start getting erected until late spring/early June, yet you are going to crow about 5% drop in price from August 2018 to September 2018?

FTR, I have been told by more than one GC that steel erectors are only holding pricing for 2 weeks.

Making Construction More Expensive......................Inflationary of course it is.

PPS_Forcast_1.jpg

I bought two new bicycles this week. Giants. Like almost all low/medium end bikes these were made in China. These were 2019 models.  The dealer told me that the prices of all his bicycles shipped after Jan 1 will go up 20% because of the tariffs. He said that Giant sent them a letter warning them of the price jump. 

I bought chepo bikes but if I had waited I would have spent about $250 more for the same thing. 

Maybe this was just a sales ploy but I dont really think so. 

29 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I bought two new bicycles this week. Giants. Like almost all low/medium end bikes these were made in China. These were 2019 models.  The dealer told me that the prices of all his bicycles shipped after Jan 1 will go up 20% because of the tariffs. He said that Giant sent them a letter warning them of the price jump. 

I bought chepo bikes but if I had waited I would have spent about $250 more for the same thing. 

Maybe this was just a sales ploy but I dont really think so. 

Many furniture companies are saying buy now because in January prices go up 25%

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Those are all very nice bikes. Unfortunately they are all way outside my budget and way over my skill level. 

Oh that’s right....you’re poor.🤣

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Look how much the price of steel rose since December 2016, and then look at the 50% increase from November 2017 to August 2018, it sucks when you bid a job in November and steel isn't going to start getting erected until late spring/early June, yet you are going to crow about 5% drop in price from August 2018 to September 2018?

FTR, I have been told by more than one GC that steel erectors are only holding pricing for 2 weeks.

Making Construction More Expensive......................Inflationary of course it is.

PPS_Forcast_1.jpg

Has there been an increase in consumption and demand since 2016?  

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Many furniture companies are saying buy now because in January prices go up 25%

good then maby the dip shits will buy suff made in Hicory NC instead of China formaldehyde filled junk . this is the whole point 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

Has there been an increase in consumption and demand since 2016?  

What's the difference between the steel chart and the charts below besides the commodities themselves?

PPS_Forcast_2.jpg

spot-copper-1y-Large.gif

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/copper_historical_large.html

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

Why would you hold your material cost longer than your vender would hold them to you?  @Mileage Psycho did you survive the copper spike a few years ago? Demand is driving the prices up a long with the tariffs.  

Because no one is going to give you a price increase post bid, we're in a competitive business and there is always someone willing to take a contract, you should take a shot at trying the business side of construction :bc:

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What's the difference between the steel chart and the charts below besides the commodities themselves?

PPS_Forcast_2.jpg

spot-copper-1y-Large.gif

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/copper_historical_large.html

Because no one is going to give you a price increase post bid, we're in a competitive business and there is always someone willing to take a contract, you should take a shot at trying the business side of construction :bc:

Answer is YES!

3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Why would you hold your material cost longer than your vender would hold them to you?  @Mileage Psycho did you survive the copper spike a few years ago? Demand is driving the prices up a long with the tariffs.  

Umm, in 25 years don't think I could ever ask a customer for more cause it cost me more, unless there was a scope change.