Check your account email address ×

Blue Marble Oil...yeah an oil thread!!!!

• Platinum Contributing Member

So the original owner of the TNT I bought sent me a text today with some info and he ran Blue Marble in the sled and swears by it....I'll run anything decent and don't to spend a bunch of money on oil. Anybody have the lowdown on this Blue Marble? 

Just now, Zambroski said:

Actually...I don't think Doo makes semi anymore for some reason.  Go full syn doo on that etec.  I'm still using it in my Cat.  You can puck it up in 2 or 4 gallon pack pretty cheap.

It's not an ETEC....Carbs baby! !!!

Awww fuck then...just run a good semi or full syn in it.   Of course you could use dino oil but, why would you?

Because....Blue Marble.....geez.

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'd run semi-syn doo.

I don't think they even make that anymore. Doo only has full synthetic or the old dino oil. You can run Doo oil or poo or cat full synthetic. I would buy whichever is cheaper. Honestly the Doo oil burns my eyes while idling. 

"Do what you want.  That's what you're gonna do anyway".

-My wife

:lol:

Hahaha...In most cases yes but not in this instance...honestly I could run any decent cheap 2 Smoke Oil and be fine but I am curious now about the differences between Mineral and the synthetics. 

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Opti 2....:ashamed:

What's that?

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

I don't think they even make that anymore. Doo only has full synthetic or the old dino oil. You can run Doo oil or poo or cat full synthetic. I would buy whichever is cheaper. Honestly the Doo oil burns my eyes while idling. 

No they don't make semi synthetic anymore. 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It's not an ETEC....Carbs baby! !!!

Run dino or whatever is the cheapest oil you can get. Etec needs at least semi syn. If you have an old block just run dino oil. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hahaha...In most cases yes but not in this instance...honestly I could run any decent cheap 2 Smoke Oil and be fine but I am curious now about the differences between Mineral and the synthetics. 

Synthetics will burn cleaner because they have more detergents.  ie...less gummed up valves and other parts.  The newer 2 stroke syns offer top notch protection too.  Run whatever in it though...it should be fine.  I think Poo guys swear by dino-oil because it gums up the gaps between their small diameter pistons in the oversized sleeve taking away the "slap" and keeping the skirts from dropping down into the cranks before 1000 miles***.  That's none of your concern.  :lol: 

***it's funny but it's true..apparently.  All the rage and a 100 pages on HCS over several threads.

• Haha 2

My brother and I have run shell snow ultra full syn oil for about 8 years. He used to run it in his 2007 500ss, I ran it in my 600 cfi's and Suzuki 800. Decent price and not bad smelling. Never once had an issue and power valves never had a carbon issue. Was recommended to us by the local doo dealer years ago.

Screenshot_2018-10-13-15-53-03.png

Edited by Tomas.
  • Like 1

• Gold Member

I ran the amsoil original semi syn from new for about 4 years till they stopped marketing it for sleds.

Since that time I went to Pennzoil premium plus which had the exact same specs and still sells for around 20 bucks a gallon. Have had zero motor issues and will crack 10000 miles on the sled this winter. 2002 cat 800 twin.

• Like 1

On etec engines you have to be careful with oil. The reason they have their own blend is because the early etec outboards would turn regular oil into an abrasive Ash in the cylinder as it burned. It was like running the motor on a mix of sandpaper and gasoline.