Check your account email address ×

Dow futures fall, suggesting stock-market bloodletting may not be over

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

You’re retired before 50 and kudos to you but definitely not close to the norm.

Not at all...all this about is slinger cant admit most people spend 200 a day easily.

12 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

If you die and have less than $200k then you are a complete pauper. $200k is only a few years of expenses these days. If you die with only $100k left you only had  about 2 years worth of funds left and you would be broke. 

Obviously pensions arent included in those numbers but taking a couple hundred grand to the cemetery is closer to broke than it is anything.   

a little refresher......

4 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Youd be in a new provost if you were wealthy....slinger is so out to lunch.

Im poor. I cant afford anything new.  Im gonna go buy a couple bicycles today. If I bought new it would be my whole weeks budget. 

Edited by AKIQPilot

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Dude. Not one person on this forum lives on $40k per year. Not even one. I would bet the average is over $75k per year. 

Thats over $200 per day. 

Nowhere did I ever say average american. Nowhere. 

200.00 a day is probably average in retirement. You really don’t need a lot if you have your mortgage down to almost nothing 

7 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I think the point Tom is making is that he doesn't want to live his retirement the way alot of people do. 

quit trying to white knight tom. tom made his point quite clear. he insinuated people with less than several hundred grand in the bank, and didn't have $200 to spend daily during retirement, are paupers. end of story.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Im poor. I cant afford anything new.  Im gonna go buy a couple bicycles today. If I bought new it would be my whole weeks budget. 

“I’m Poor” Just fucking knock it off.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well this has been very depressing...I’m out.

You just paid a chunk for your daughters car...her schooling...etc etc...

Not everyone can do that.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

quit trying to white knight tom. tom made his point quite clear. he insinuated people with less than several hundred grand in the bank, and didn't have $200 to spend daily during retirement, are paupers. end of story.

Does anyone on this forum spend a lot leas than $200 per day?   

Take a guess. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Thank you. 

See slinger. $200 per day. Not really a lot. 

You just need to know where every dime is going and have cash available for an emergency like a new suv, well, septic system etc.

Before we retired did new roof, boiler, windows etc so no prob for 20+ years. 

You are approaching retirement with less than several hundred grand in the bank?  That is a pauper.

Well it was unclear to me at first that he meant $200 per day total for both him and his wife. That is very much a modest budget.