Check your account email address ×

04-08ish Nissan Titans

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Angry ginger said:

size is the biggest issue with the ranger.  tiny and no cheaper or better economy than an f150 or silverado 1500

That's why they stopped making them.  Now that they are back out I wonder if there will be a market for them.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

The cancer seemed to strike about 4 yrs before fords bad run with it. Chevy was mid 90's - 01. Fords bad run with it was 02-05

lots of 99-06 chevys needing rockers and cab corners as well.  maybe not as bad as the ford but close.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

SMH the 5.3 even with the clattering lifters is an awesome motor.  the rest of it comes down to how much cancer the truck has with any of the brands.  FTR i mean the 99-06 5.3 not the AFM.  

My 06 chebby with the 5.3 is still going strong. 175k alaska miles. I had to put a new center section in the rear diff last summer. It spit the teeth of of one spider. 

Other than that its been pretty trouble free. No rust at all but vehicles dont rust up here. 

Just now, steve from amherst said:

That's why they stopped making them.  Now that they are back out I wonder if there will be a market for them.

they sell more colorados that i think they should.  i considered a colorado or taco and they are small and fuel economy isn't any better, unless you ave a narrow garage see no purpose of either

99 GMC 1500 5.3. Fucking rapping never ever stopped. Fucking body never stopped rusting.  Horrible truck IMO.

I remember Wollie (I think) driving it into Jackman with 4 or 5 of us in it. Sent it on a frost heave and everyone hit the roof. Never the same since. Halfway remember if Ginger was there or not. Pretty sure Webba was. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

99 GMC 1500 5.3. Fucking rapping never ever stopped. Fucking body never stopped rusting.  Horrible truck IMO.

I remember Wollie (I think) driving it into Jackman with 4 or 5 of us in it. Sent it on a frost heave and everyone hit the roof. Never the same since. Halfway remember if Ginger was there or not. Pretty sure Webba was. :lol:

Sounds like just another ecdbl sausagefest!

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

We have hit some epic heaves

Just now, Angry ginger said:

so when you go sledding with the guys theres lots of chicks hanging out :dunno:  

Yup....its different here cause you dont have to travel here to ride.and the chicks love the warm up shacks.

• Like 1

The problem with the Japanese trucks pre 2014 is that they are a weak ass half ton but get the fuel economy of a 3/4 ton.

I have a few Buddy's with titans and tundras and they all complain about fuel economy vs performance. One guy has a 2005 tundra. 13 mpg and 5500 lbs tow rating. Same with the titan, 12 mpgs and no performance to justify it.

1999-2006 gm truck it pretty much the best truck of that era. Probably why they still command a decent price. The 5.3l without AFM is a fantastic engine. If decent milage and taken care of will get around 18 mpg. Lots of pep with the 4 speed w/overdrive transmission. The biggest problems with those trucks was the rockers/cab corners and the transmissions.

The 4l60e was a decent transmission once the upgrades were done. They needed  the "beast" sun gear and some high energy clutches and band. Up here in Alberta there is a transmission shop that sells 4l60e transmissions with all updates ready to go for $1600 cad or bone stock for $1000 cad . The easiest transmission in the world to re n' re is a 1999-2006 gm half ton.