Check your account email address ×

Favourite childhood restaurants

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Platinum Contributing Member

Wendy's because the only one near us was in Grayling and we would stop there on our way downstate to Grandmas....late 70's very early 80's. 

Pizza Hut as well way back in the day.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

The Pizza Burger (Big Three) was in Muskego, Wisconsin, they invented the Pizza Burger, when you buy them in a store it says "De-Mac" on the box & Muskego Wisconsin, stands for DeAngelis & McGorty who patented The Pizza Burger. The store bought ones are nothing like the originals.

2 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Ho Jo's! Damn that had to be a long time ago.....

I think there is one remaining Ho Jo's open and it's in Lake George, NY. I used to love the Ho Jo's frozen mac & cheese and their blueberry toastes

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think there is one remaining Ho Jo's open and it's in Lake George, NY. I used to love the Ho Jo's frozen mac & cheese and their blueberry toastes

The Lake George Howard Johnson's restaurant sign proclaimed "Last One Standing", however in January 2017 its parcel of land went up for sale, questioning its future.[41][42]More so when on October 12, 2017, John Larock was arrested, charged and jailed over sexual abuse allegations involving 15 female employees.[43][44] With little staff, and no posted hours, the restaurant currently runs on a very sporadic schedule (operating limited days and hours). Despite retaining the original building and trademark name, its authenticity as a true Howard Johnson's restaurant has been put in question due to its dissimilar menu and negative reviews

Just now, ckf said:

You got me beat. I was so young , I don't remember anything I ate there. Always stopped with my Grandparents on the way back from Northern Michigan. All I remember was the really cool orange roof and If I remember correctly the chrome and vinyl stools at the counter.

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

x2

friendlys and we had a great donut shop in town and a place that served crepes that were out of this world.    

We go to Friendly's in North Conway once in a while. Gotta order a chocolate fribble whenever I go there.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Ahhh, "the good old days" lol.

Before my time. 

Gotta have the thin crust, all I know of pizza hut is the doughy garbage they peddle these days.

:saluting:

agree 💯 with today Hut doughy garbage,..But I always love the Pan Supreme, that was my go to back in the day

Just now, ckf said:

We go to Friendly's in North Conway once in a while. Gotta order a chocolate fribble whenever I go there.

friendlys here in town became a funeral home and now it's a bank.  there is still one in amesbury

the pizza hut is now the diner we do Saturday breakfasts.  across the street from both used to be a small movie theater so it was the hangout when in jr high and HS

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

friendlys here in town became a funeral home and now it's a bank.  there is still one in amesbury

the pizza hut is now the diner we do Saturday breakfasts.  across the street from both used to be a small movie theater so it was the hangout when in jr high and HS

pizza hut in Gorham, NH is now a BBQ joint.