Check your account email address ×

Hurricane Florence...Cat 5

A friend of ours in Naples, FL just posted pics of her house that was totaled by Irma. One year later and they havent even started reconstruction yet. Contractors down there are slammed for at least the next year or two. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Hurricane Florence: 'This One Really Scares Me,' Forecaster Says

Hurricane Florence, a Category 4 storm, "is expected to be an extremely dangerous major hurricane through landfall" on Thursday or Friday and has triggered a hurricane watch for all of North Carolina and part of South Carolina, according to the National Hurricane Center.

"Let me tell you, this one really scares me," National Hurricane Center Director Ken Graham said. Citing his 24 years in the National Weather Service, Graham added, "It's one of those situations, you're going to get heavy rain, catastrophic life-threatening storm surge ... and also the wind. Now's the time to prepare."

Florence is packing maximum sustained winds of 130 mph, with gusts up to 160 mph — and it's getting both larger and better-organized, the hurricane center said in its 2 p.m. ET update. Its hurricane-force winds extend up to 60 miles from the storm's center.

At 2 p.m., Florence was 845 miles east-southeast of Cape Fear, N.C., moving west-northwest at 17 mph.

12 minutes ago, MichiganMarcus said:

Prayers for those effected and hoping everyone gets out safely.

Wonderful sentiments Mr. Marcus...Fire Up Chips!!! 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

I don't like him already and he's only made 3 posts . And who in sweet fuck lives on Pleasant MT , smh   :bc:

It's affectionately known as Mt. Dismal around here. :lol:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, DAVE said:

My guess it will track further north and loose some steam.

Lol...you say that on every fucking hurricane!  ....and I think you’ve been correct every time.  Ever thought about bein’ a meaty-or-olyjist?

5 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I don't like him already and he's only made 3 posts . And who in sweet fuck lives on Pleasant MT , smh   :bc:

Oh, don’t be so judgemental.  Live and let live....that’s what I always say.  Wait...that may not be me...STUPID VOICES!!!!!!!

• Gold Member
12 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

Hurricanes are good for the economy

You know it....  The books empty every where and even in areas 1000's of miles away from a large hurricane have to pay out the ass to keep the hands from dragging.