Check your account email address ×

New NAFTA agreement

• Gold Member

Looks like Team Trump will have it wrapped up possibly tomorrow.  This wouldn’t be touched if we got stuck with that other person running for office.  What a win for the USA!!!!!  

Wonder what diarrhea the Left will spew about this win?  Any guesses?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-26/u-s-mexico-said-poised-to-reach-nafta-deal-as-soon-as-monday

• Like 1

Did you read the last part of that libkt, about contents? Not sure how that is going to help US workers. IMO,  Mexico would need to pay their employees better, if I understood it correctly. If this trade deal really does benefit us, trump will gets kudos from me. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Did you read the last part of that libkt, about contents? Not sure how that is going to help US workers. IMO,  Mexico would need to pay their employees better, if I understood it correctly. If this trade deal really does benefit us, trump will gets kudos from me. 

They way I understood it was more parts from here or “higher paid” countries even if they build it down there. We’ll see what the final deal looks like soon I think. 

And I like what they said about existing plants. Basically remove all incentive to build any new ones. 

Edited by Edmo

Now, unless I am mistaken, if this saves the country just $18b in a year..... just $18b....

Mexico paid for the wall.

My prediction is this: there will be some fluff in the deal, like some lame tax cuts for our exports, but the root of the problem, the offshoring of US jobs to cheap labor, will continue. Because corporations need to, to stay competitive. The trumpsters won’t care though, chalk it up as a win, and believe their money that may be used to build the wall, is actually Mexico’s money.

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

My prediction is this: there will be some fluff in the deal, like some lame tax cuts for our exports, but the root of the problem, the offshoring of US jobs to cheap labor, will continue. Because corporations need to, to stay competitive. The trumpsters won’t care though, chalk it up as a win, and believe their money that may be used to build the wall, is actually Mexico’s money.

It doesnt matter what happens....you will bitch and condemn it

1 minute ago, Snake said:

:dunno:

First, that is not what trump meant when he implied it.

second, pretend you win $1M in the lottery, but youre still $10m in debt. Would it be wise to spend that $1M on something dumb? And in reality, whos money is it? It’s yours. So you paid for the dumb item, nobody else. 

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

This involves Canada as well if I recall.

wilford-brimley1.gif

8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

donald-trump-9pHEV6.gif

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

First, that is not what trump meant when he implied it.

second, pretend you win $1M in the lottery, but youre still $10m in debt. Would it be wise to spend that $1M on something dumb? And in reality, whos money is it? It’s yours. So you paid for the dumb item, nobody else. 

"Is it like a tax, or a fine?" :lmao::lol:

36 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol:

Didn’t see that one coming. The trumpsters will all believe it too. 

This "trumpster" knew from day one Mexico wouldn't be actually writing a check, but that we would get it from them one way or another.  But go ahead and try to play gotcha with it.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, DriftBusta said:

This "trumpster" knew from day one Mexico wouldn't be actually writing a check, but that we would get it from them one way or another.  But go ahead and try to play gotcha with it.

Is this the same art of the deal as NK ......

79202EA3-7FD8-4E08-9156-B495D730CA49.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Snake said:

Now, unless I am mistaken, if this saves the country just $18b in a year..... just $18b....

Mexico paid for the wall.

And if it saves us another $500 billion a year, just $500 billion. It'll pay for the added deficit to the budget this year! :bc:

• Like 1

• Gold Member

It’s a done deal!!!  After all these years it is good to finally undo Bill Clinton’s biggest blunder and one of the greatest fuckings in the ass of Americans by any president.

Well done Jared Kushner and President Trump for hammering out a deal!.  Another promise of many already delivered!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/27/mexican-official-says-nafta-talks-with-us-have-concluded.html

Edited by BOHICA

9 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

It’s a done deal!!!  After all these years it is good to finally undo Bill Clinton’s biggest blunder and one of the greatest fuckings in the ass of Americans by any president.

Well done Jared Kushner and President Trump for hammering out a deal!.  Another promise of many already delivered!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/27/mexican-official-says-nafta-talks-with-us-have-concluded.html

And Canada?