Check your account email address ×

Just put the dog down

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Sad bro.  Sorry.  

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Awww geez....I'm so sorry...it's so hard to do but you did all you could for her.😪

Thanks guys. It was a tough call but her liver finally gave up.  

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

Thanks guys. It was a tough call but her liver finally gave up.  

You made the right call and you know it.  I know it’s tough as fuck.  Brutally tough.  Try to do some physical stuff that occupies your mind to help the healing.

I’m feeling for you.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

You made the right call and you know it.  I know it’s tough as fuck.  Brutally tough.  Try to do some physical stuff that occupies your mind to help the healing.

I’m feeling for you.

Thanks z:bc:. The wife is already smothering the cat lol. Going to miss her bad . 

• Gold Member

Sorry to hear, XCR. I cried like baby when I had to put Moriarty down. He was my 12 year old chocolate lab and my best hunting buddy! I feel your pain and I wish you the best.  :bc:

3 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

You made the right decision. As tough as it was, it had to be done. She's all better now and thanks you for it.  :bc:

Thanks man. She was getting pretty bad in the last few months ,and it was time 

Just now, Kivalo said:

Sorry to hear, XCR. I cried like baby when I had to put Moriarty down. He was my 12 year old chocolate lab and my best hunting buddy! I feel your pain and I wish you the best.  :bc:

Thanks .. I cried too. Didn't think I would but I blubbered like a fool . Sad day. Going to be weird around here 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Thanks man. She was getting pretty bad in the last few months ,and it was time 

Thanks .. I cried too. Didn't think I would but I blubbered like a fool . Sad day. Going to be weird around here 

I know what it's like.  Went thru the same thing 28 years ago with my first dog. It sucked bad. I couldn't even go to the vet with my parents. I regretted it after. I should have been there with her.  We grew up together. 

And no doubt you will cry more   Nothing wrong with it at all. It's like losing a child.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I know what it's like.  Went thru the same thing 28 years ago with my first dog. It sucked bad. I couldn't even go to the vet with my parents. I regretted it after. I should have been there with her.  We grew up together. 

And no doubt you will cry more   Nothing wrong with it at all. It's like losing a child.

Yeah. It sucks.  But she was 12 ,had a great life. We treated her like a princess.   I'm sure I'll cry again tomorrow.  Hate this shit

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

Yeah. It sucks.  But she was 12 ,had a great life. We treated her like a princess.   I'm sure I'll cry again tomorrow.  Hate this shit

Mine was 16 when we finally put her down. She needed another surgery and my mom said, no way. Was a rough couple of days after. Took a couple weeks to get thru it.  

No shame at all. Completely normal and fine :bc:

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Mine was 16 when we finally put her down. She needed another surgery and my mom said, no way. Was a rough couple of days after. Took a couple weeks to get thru it.  

No shame at all. Completely normal and fine :bc:

Thanks man. Ours has had 4 surgeries, and was on a few lifelong meds. I'm sure it'll be awhile before we get over this. The cat for some reason has been all over us tonight 

8 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Thanks man. Ours has had 4 surgeries, and was on a few lifelong meds. I'm sure it'll be awhile before we get over this.

The cat for some reason has been all over us tonight 

:bc:

The cat knows   They can sense when we're not feeling good or when something is bothering us.  Dog is gone, the cat knows the dog is gone.  May not know for good yet, but knows something is up and that everyone is upset over something. They just know  

• Like 1