Check your account email address ×

Just put the dog down

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I hope it’s getting better for you.  I know how hard it is....brutal.

I know she was your only one, do both yourselves a favor....go get another pup.  Fill the void.  She wouldn’t want you two to be sad and lonely for this long.

She says she wants to wait but I kinda dont think she will lol. We were literally just at the gimli humane society a few hours dropping off bries bones,to us, food and treats ,and the woman cozied up to a boxer instantly lol.  We are keeping bries first toy ,a pink squeaky bone ,bought it at the humane society when I got her. It's on the mantel ,waiting for her ashes and urn:bc:

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

She says she wants to wait but I kinda dont think she will lol. We were literally just at the gimli humane society a few hours dropping off bries bones,to us, food and treats ,and the woman cozied up to a boxer instantly lol.  We are keeping bries first toy ,a pink squeaky bone ,bought it at the humane society when I got her. It's on the mantel ,waiting for her ashes and urn:bc:

Go get one....soon.  Let another start changing your lives for the better again.  Stop punishing yourselves.

...just some advice from a friend who knows what you are going through.

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Go get one....soon.  Let another start changing your lives for the better again.  Stop punishing yourselves.

...just some advice from a friend who knows what you are going through.

We will. I'm thinking within a few weeks :bc: thanks z

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

We are. I'm doing a little better than o thought I would ,but the womans still a wreck.  Thanks man :bc:

We've had to put down 5 over the years and I still think about all of them at times...of course we have a houseful right now and they keep me busy...when the time is right you and the Mrs. will get another one and while you'll never forget the one you  just lost the pain will ease as the new pup becomes part of your life.🐶🐶🌞🌞🏻️✌🏻

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We've had to put down 5 over the years and I still think about all of them at times...of course we have a houseful right now and they keep me busy...when the time is right you and the Mrs. will get another one and while you'll never forget the one you  just lost the pain will ease as the new pup becomes part of your life.🐶🐶🌞🌞🏻️✌🏻

Well said Jimmy :bc: thanks !

• Platinum Contributing Member

I beleive nature only intended for them to live 12 yrs so that us humans get to experience several different dogs in our lives. As painfull as the loss is the excitement of bringing home another one does  help take the sting out a little.

• Like 2