Check your account email address ×

Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

8 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Fail... so you maintain the opinion that they can just swallow $190M in increased opex.... you truly are insane...

and you failed to acknowledge that you were as usual wrong when you said all the labour costs are burdened by the franchisee

go back and read what I said, maybe you will get a clue

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

sure why not?

are you think 50 billion investment return?  not the same thing

Margins of 7% - so juicy. Not. 

Min wage increase wipes out almost 30% of their profits. 

But Fail expects them to eat it. 

56 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Margins of 7% - so juicy. Not. 

Min wage increase wipes out almost 30% of their profits. 

But Fail expects them to eat it. 

Instead of spewing numbers you haven't really a clue about, think of how many people make minimum wage in HEAD OFFICE? 

How many are employed at head office?

is everybody paid minimum wages?  

its bullshit for you guys to eat up

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

sure why not?

are you think 50 billion investment return?  not the same thing

700 mil more than they need right?

Like I said, margins are tight.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

15 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Instead of spewing numbers you haven't really a clue about, think of how many people make minimum wage in HEAD OFFICE? 

How many are employed at head office?

is everybody paid minimum wages?  

its bullshit for you guys to eat up

I'll bet a huge number of the clerical administrative people in the HEAD OFFICE are indeed making minimum wage....

Welcome to the real world outside of the overpaid underworked government bubble you live in.

Don't forget all those minimum wage people in the corporately owned and operated stores as well.... get your mind around the fact that there are a huge number of stores that are not franchised.

Edited by 02sled

15 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Of course... the profits belong to the employees not the owners of the business. Get with the Fail program.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

I'll bet a huge number of the clerical administrative people in the HEAD OFFICE are indeed making minimum wage....

Welcome to the real world outside of the overpaid underworked government bubble you live in.

Don't forget all those minimum wage people in the corporately owned and operated stores as well.... get your mind around the fact that there are a huge number of stores that are not franchised.

so tell me o wise one, what percent of people in the head office are let go?

500 seems like a lot to just get rid of and carry on with regular business =

I think your claim of most of clerical workers make 11.40 an hour -  total bullshit unless this business is run by 16 year olds

16 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I believe that was profit for the owner (who owns 47%) after all other shareholders and debts paid  but if you can find other numbers do so

Are you arguing that Loblaws is in trouble with such low profits?  what are you saying?

35 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I believe that was profit for the owner (who owns 47%) after all other shareholders and debts paid  but if you can find other numbers do so

Are you arguing that Loblaws is in trouble with such low profits?  what are you saying?

They are your numbers.

In comparison, if a company has 5.6 million in sales and reports 70K profit, that's good?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

No. And what does “after the shareholders are paid” mean? :lol: 

43 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so tell me o wise one, what percent of people in the head office are let go?

500 seems like a lot to just get rid of and carry on with regular business =

I think your claim of most of clerical workers make 11.40 an hour -  total bullshit unless this business is run by 16 year olds

The job cuts in head office are not min wage workers. They are being cut to offset the extra cost of the min wage increase. 

The 500 job cuts are supposed to save them $75 million.  So on average their salary/benefits are $150k each. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

No. And what does “after the shareholders are paid” mean? :lol: 

The job cuts in head office are not min wage workers. They are being cut to offset the extra cost of the min wage increase. 

The 500 job cuts are supposed to save them $75 million.  So on average their salary/benefits are $150k each. 

:lol:  ya thats it they are firing 150k workers :lol:   utter bullshit you are now spewing without even knowing anyting about it :lol: 

Who is left to run things?  all the teens making 25K a year :dunno:  

Will Wal-mart be announcing 5000 jobs gone from head office? 

10 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  ya thats it they are firing 150k workers :lol:   utter bullshit you are now spewing without even knowing anyting about it :lol: 

Who is left to run things?  all the teens making 25K a year :dunno:  

Will Wal-mart be announcing 5000 jobs gone from head office? 

Yes they are. Execs, management etc. Read and learn. 

According to a Toronto Star article published earlier today, Loblaw will be cutting 500 corporate jobs, including executives, management, and employees that support the retail stores at the corporate level. The layoffs will have no impact on hourly in-store roles, and as a result there should not be a service level impact on consumers. We spoke to Loblaw and confirmed the story. 

• While the company stated that the layoffs were not related to any single factor, we believe the primary purpose of the layoffs is to mitigate the impact of the upcoming increases in the Ontario minimum wage (the first major increase is in January 2018). 

• We previously stated here that we believed the Ontario minimum wage increase in 2018 would have a $150 million pre-tax impact on Loblaw (the company subsequently disclosed the estimated impact from the Ontario and Alberta minimum wage increases to be $190 million in 2018). However, we believe that roughly 50% of that impact could be passed on to consumers through retail price increases, leaving a net pre-tax impact of about $75-95 million. We estimate that the announced layoffs could save Loblaw about $75 million per year on a pre-tax basis. 

• We believe the company intends for the savings from the announced layoffs to fall to the bottom line, as opposed to being reinvested in the business. As a result, we believe Loblaw will largely be able to mitigate the impact of the increase in the Ontario minimum wage in 2018, through the combination of the savings from the announced layoffs and through price increases at the retail level. 

• Due to concerns over the upcoming minimum wage increases and Amazon's acquisition of Whole Foods, Loblaw has lost about one full multiple point in valuation on an EV/EBITDAR

15 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

While the company stated that the layoffs were not related to any single factor, we believe the primary purpose of the layoffs is to mitigate the impact of the upcoming increases in the Ontario minimum wage (the first major increase is in January 2018). 

:lol: 

holy fuck balls who is "WE" 

I will stick with Utter Bullshit Fake Fucking News

14 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

you can look it up and post your findings

Oh I understand how it works. Trying to get you above a remedial level of financial literacy.

10 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol: 

holy fuck balls who is "WE" 

I will stick with Utter Bullshit Fake Fucking News

Who do you think it is?  One of the security analysts that cover Loblaw. I can assure you it isn’t fake, it is the real world. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Oh I understand how it works. Trying to get you above a remedial level of financial literacy.

Who do you think it is?  One of the security analysts that cover Loblaw. I can assure you it isn’t fake, it is the real world. 

so when the COMPANY states no one single factor - you take that as Wynnes fault :lol:    okay lets go with WE

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so when the COMPANY states no one single factor - you take that as Wynnes fault :lol:    okay lets go with WE

Did you read the comments? 

Consequences of min wage hike - 500 lost jobs and higher prices. 

2 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Did you read the comments? 

Consequences of min wage hike - 500 lost jobs and higher prices. 

no doubt higher prices of less than 2 cent an item sold -

The comment was from the company itself " no one factor is related to the 500 job loss " 

9 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

no doubt higher prices of less than 2 cent an item sold -

The comment was from the company itself " no one factor is related to the 500 job loss " 

Yes - price increases to every Ontario consumer also known as inflation. Thanks Auntie Wynne. 

I know you haven’t listened to a lot of company earnings calls or read thousands of research reports. But news flash - companies always spin the truth to fit their narrative. 

Edited by The Rocket