Check your account email address ×

Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

WRONG

ONLY if you kick them out to use for personal use,

and  once a lease agreement has ended again you pay nothing.

As for the Landlord getting sued - the guy was a fucking idiot plain and simple - read up on what its all about

Wrong.  But keep yapping. 

And shut the fuck up pothead.  

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

The issue of lack of rental properties is decades old, this isn't anything new.

She isn't my hero and never has been,  just happens that the last election she was clearly the best to vote in.  Hudak (your hero or anyone else running BROWN today) was a clown and lost the election on his very own. 

And this is a reaction to making profits NOTHING MORE

AC put it correctly, "who the fuck would want to be a landlord"  He is my hero SK

Your right.  It is a reaction to making profits.  Thats what businesses are suppose to do.  Make a profit.

when government stops private business from making profits private business reacts.  They Stop building rental units, move away from high hydro rates, go to a business friendly location.

Are you that far out of touch with reality?  Do you understand the basic business priciples?

You act so surprised a private business wants/needs to make money!

i need a interlock patio.  How much will you pay me to come to my house to install it?  Afterall its not about making a profit right?

7 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Your right.  It is a reaction to making profits.  Thats what businesses are suppose to do.  Make a profit.

when government stops private business from making profits private business reacts.  They Stop building rental units, move away from high hydro rates, go to a business friendly location.

Are you that far out of touch with reality?  Do you understand the basic business priciples?

You act so surprised a private business wants/needs to make money!

i need a interlock patio.  How much will you pay me to come to my house to install it?  Afterall its not about making a profit right?

you said the lack of rental units is due to new landlord laws and you are wrong as you just posted the correct answer.

To think 20 story 400 unit rental buildings are not being build because of a rental clause the only effects a person being evicted so the owner can use the space is fuck dumb.

Fact is selling the 400 units, make their profit and move on to the next building...

sorry about your luck SK

28 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

you said the lack of rental units is due to new landlord laws and you are wrong as you just posted the correct answer.

To think 20 story 400 unit rental buildings are not being build because of a rental clause the only effects a person being evicted so the owner can use the space is fuck dumb.

Fact is selling the 400 units, make their profit and move on to the next building...

sorry about your luck SK

Trail

Have you ever implemented a business plan?  Do you even know what one is?

Businesses are there to make money, plain and simple.

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Trail

Have you ever implemented a business plan?  Do you even know what one is?

Businesses are there to make money, plain and simple.

why do you guys keep repeating that?  everyone knows that -

I just posted that 1 page ago and Parrot says what

48 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

sorry about your luck SK

Try to focus Fail!

I posted months ago that rent control would eliminate rental units as profit not there for landlords.

I followed up today that there are units now being built as condos as rent control kills the owners ability to make money.

Rent control is killing the rental market.

The one month of rent clause only effects the owner of one or two units who may have family wanting a unit.  Not the developers owning hundreds.

Either way new rent controls having effect on rental market.  They need 7,000 rental units built a year.  And developers are not building them.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You seem to miss the very point.

I know, it's always on someone else.

lol

It was you guys saying it was someone else (Wynne) not me, I spoke the truth about PROFITS,  than in come the ONEWAYS stating I don't know businesses are about profits.  

Really who ones that doesn't  get it?

You guys need to read what you post yourself and then worry what others post.

7 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Try to focus Fail!

I posted months ago that rent control would eliminate rental units as profit not there for landlords.

I followed up today that there are units now being built as condos as rent control kills the owners ability to make money.

Rent control is killing the rental market.

The one month of rent clause only effects the owner of one or two units who may have family wanting a unit.  Not the developers owning hundreds.

Either way new rent controls having effect on rental market.  They need 7,000 rental units built a year.  And developers are not building them.

Ontario has had rent control since 1975 and has been reworked by all governments since then.  Without rent control we would be fucked.

So you read a headline and posted about it,  didn't read any further.

Sonshine said the unit it converted to condominiums was driven by the fact it had a partner on the development in Allied REIT, so only half of the 133 units belonged to his REIT, and the price of the condominiums had gone higher than expected.

Sonshine said the REIT has since reviewed every one of its rental projects and has about 20 underway at some point in the pipeline. The traditional retail landlord will have about 4,000 units in its portfolio as it takes advantages of some of its strategic locations in urban centres.

“Our stated goals is to have 10,000 units across Canada,” he said, adding his company does not want to switch to condominiums over rentals. “We are in the cash flow business and we like cash flow even though the government has put a crimp in future growth.”

SEEMS they are continuing to build more rental units in Ontario - yet you claim different

With the large grow coming in the next bunch of years, landlords can increase by near 3%

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-hydro-plan-advertising-budget-1.4305501

It's got to be true if the CBC is reporting it.

The Kathleen Wynne government has budgeted $5.5 million for advertising to tout its cuts to hydro bills, according to documents revealed on Monday. 

The New Democrats obtained the documents through a freedom of information request and NDP leader Andrea Horwath says they show the government is spending taxpayer money to promote the Ontario Liberal Party.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Finally realizing CBC is the #1 source for non bias news - you post enough from them to fuel your hatred for anything non Conservative

you can add the Ontario Pension Plan ads too

Grey area for some of these ads - public should be informed about certain things

of course the outrage back in 2013 was huge by FS-ers here

The BOLD ARE CONSERVATIVE CLASSICS

Taxpayers spent $14.8-million last year promoting "Canada's Economic Action Plan," a catchphrase first created by the Conservative government to promote stimulus spending that ended nearly two years ago.

A report on ad spending obtained by The Globe and Mail shows last year's totals came in about $5-million higher than what Treasury Board had previously listed as the approved advertising budget. The Conservative government faces continued criticism this year that it is pushing the boundaries of self-promotion at taxpayer expense, spending $2.5-million to advertise a job grant that does not yet exist and recently launching a weekly video of Prime Minister Stephen Harper's activities.

Although the final ad spending numbers for 2012-13 came in higher than projected, overall ad spending is on a downward trend. The $69-million total is about $10-million less than the year before. It is also nearly half the size of the massive $136.3-million ad buy the Conservatives approved in 2009-10, primarily to promote stimulus spending during the recession.

The Conservative government has spent more than $100-million on Economic Action Plan ads since 2009, (2013 REFERENCE DATE)  in spite of opposition complaints that the ads amount to political propaganda at taxpayers' expense. The government now uses the phrase more broadly to describe its economic programs, and more action plan ads are booked for this year.

The more the Political party's try to get citizens divided left right center the worse things are going to get.

Just some History on Ontario  advertising

The law was change by Dulton because of Mike Harris mass of ONEWAY ads.  He appeared in many if you remember

As it now stands, the Government Advertising Act — the only legislation of its kind in Canada — bans partisan political advertising in newspapers, magazines, television and radio, leaving the interpretation to the auditor general’s office.

Proposed changes would define an ad as partisan if it contains the name, voice or image of a member of cabinet or an MPP — unless the primary audience for the ad is outside Ontario.

Ads could also not contain the name or logo of a recognized political party or “to a significant degree, a colour associated with the governing party, unless the item commonly appears in that colour.”

The government would also extend the auditor’s power to vet ads for online use, public transit and movie theatres.

Lysyk says she doesn’t want the powers if the law is changed, arguing it would weaken the auditor’s office from its watchdog role over ads to a “rubber stamp.”

The law was passed by the Liberal government of Dalton McGuinty 11 years ago, shortly after taking power from a Progressive Conservative government led for seven years by Mike Harris after his landslide 1995 victory.

He appeared in a number of ads that opposition parties said gave the government an unfair propaganda advantage.

Matthews insists the legislation will keep its intent to “prevent any government every again running the kind of wasteful ads that Mike Harris ran.”

Privately, some Liberals have said over the years that the law as originally passed was too strict and tied the government’s hands.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2015/05/06/the-different-colours-of-partisan-adverising.html

so far its looking like the Conservatives hold the spending record for ads too, they already own the largest debt accumulated

Edited by 1trailmaker

9 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Ontario has had rent control since 1975 and has been reworked by all governments since then.  Without rent control we would be fucked.

Sonshine said the unit it converted to condominiums was driven by the fact it had a partner on the development in Allied REIT, so only half of the 133 units belonged to his REIT, and the price of the condominiums had gone higher than expected.

Sonshine said the REIT has since reviewed every one of its rental projects and has about 20 underway at some point in the pipeline. The traditional retail landlord will have about 4,000 units in its portfolio as it takes advantages of some of its strategic locations in urban centres.

“Our stated goals is to have 10,000 units across Canada,” he said, adding his company does not want to switch to condominiums over rentals. “We are in the cash flow business and we like cash flow even though the government has put a crimp in future growth.”

SEEMS they are continuing to build more rental units in Ontario - yet you claim different

With the large grow coming in the next bunch of years, landlords can increase by near 3%

So when are you installing my interlock?

Answer the question as its not about profits right?  You were pretty clear.

As for REIT they like cash flow and the government has put a crimp in their future growth.  

Short term is completing projects too far along.  Long term they can change.  And as others are i expect they will.

3% increase covers nothing on a rental unit.  Proerty taxes eat that up.  Forget all the other increasing costs.

10 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

What is their current  ROI?  A 3% increase won't cut it for inflation.  

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What is their current  ROI?  A 3% increase won't cut it for inflation.  

rent control has been set to inflation rate for 40 years

New rental building set a rental rate that covers their costs and gives ROR - they are not losing, just not gouging

3 hours ago, Sksman said:

So when are you installing my interlock?

Answer the question as its not about profits right?  You were pretty clear.

As for REIT they like cash flow and the government has put a crimp in their future growth.  

Short term is completing projects too far along.  Long term they can change.  And as others are i expect they will.

3% increase covers nothing on a rental unit.  Proerty taxes eat that up.  Forget all the other increasing costs.

20 more buildings coming

BOLD is an interesting comment - explain that for say a 200 unit building

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

rent control has been set to inflation rate for 40 years

New rental building set a rental rate that covers their costs and gives ROR - they are not losing, just not gouging

Wow, let me have some of that.:lol:

Inflation doesn't cover their costs, that's why the units are mostly shitholes.

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Wow, let me have some of that.:lol:

Inflation doesn't cover their costs, that's why the units are mostly shitholes.

You can apply for increases for repairs - they are shit holes because most owners don't give a rats ass just like the tenants - it goes hand and hand.

condos are worse as bad with maintenance fees going up and up

9 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

You can apply for increases for repairs - they are shit holes because most owners don't give a rats ass just like the tenants - it goes hand and hand.

condos are worse as bad with maintenance fees going up and up

Let it be someone else's problem.

How about you?  I here they are looking at a 10% correction next year in housing.  Great job Trudeau. 

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Let it be someone else's problem.

How about you?  I here they are looking at a 10% correction next year in housing.  Great job Trudeau. 

HOUSING IN THE GTA needs a correction from insane to just below insane 1.1 million shithole drops to 990 000 big deal

zero to do with the government - and for you to wish this insane price game to continue is dumb too

be thankful you have that 3 million price tag for you home, cash in soon

26 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

HOUSING IN THE GTA needs a correction from insane to just below insane 1.1 million shithole drops to 990 000 big deal

zero to do with the government - and for you to wish this insane price game to continue is dumb too

be thankful you have that 3 million price tag for you home, cash in soon

Its only 2 million.  Besides where would I go?  We are redoing the cottage in about 2 years but realistically we can't move up for about 10 years.

22 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its only 2 million.  Besides where would I go?  We are redoing the cottage in about 2 years but realistically we can't move up for about 10 years.

lots of places to move to, nice bungalow 2800sf 1 acre land plenty of room for the loins at the driveway

1 million

moving to the cottage isn't all its cracked up to be

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

lots of places to move to, nice bungalow 2800sf 1 acre land plenty of room for the loins at the driveway

1 million

moving to the cottage isn't all its cracked up to be

Actually, I wouldn't mind your area, but realistically it would not work for us.

I have no problem living at the cottage, its the wife I'm not sure about.:lol:

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Actually, I wouldn't mind your area, but realistically it would not work for us.

I have no problem living at the cottage, its the wife I'm not sure about.:lol:

never happen with my wife she barely goes now lol

My place is too much out in the middle of nowhere,  "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" could be come the quote winter one

either way moving sucks ass, only time it might be good is the day you leave Mommy and Daddy

15 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

never happen with my wife she barely goes now lol

My place is too much out in the middle of nowhere,  "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" could be come the quote winter one

either way moving sucks ass, only time it might be good is the day you leave Mommy and Daddy

The wife calls our place the 'pigeon coupe', but we are 7 mins to town (Parry Sound) so that makes most things closer than what is at home.

We are re-doing the cottage regardless of whether we move there permanently or not.

I could see us selling the place in 'the bridge' and moving to Barrie if she needs access to more suburbia.