Check your account email address ×

Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

It doesnt matter who sells it where.  The govt stores will be too expensive for most.  Obviously Wynne sees a tax grab here.  If the fair market price should $9/gram the govt stuff will be $10 plus tax so likely $14 or$15.  

Unless she already commited to a price?

My understanding of the pricing proposal is: $10 a gram + $10 dispensing fee + 13% HST!

This information is from an acquaintance, who now runs a  MM dispensary 

This type of pricing will not stop the blackmarket, in fact it will only fuel it. But on the other hand if a person can legally grow 4 plants, they shouldn't need to purchase from any outlet.

11 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

My understanding of the pricing proposal is: $10 a gram + $10 dispensing fee + 13% HST!

This information is from an acquaintance, who now runs a  MM dispensary 

This type of pricing will not stop the blackmarket, in fact it will only fuel it. But on the other hand if a person can legally grow 4 plants, they shouldn't need to purchase from any outlet.

Where is Failmaker to tell us current pricing at his dealer?

If you grow 4 plants do you have to register?

And how many will grow 5 or 6. Or more?

Whats the penalty for extra plants?  

8 hours ago, Sksman said:

It doesnt matter who sells it where.  The govt stores will be too expensive for most.  Obviously Wynne sees a tax grab here.  If the fair market price should $9/gram the govt stuff will be $10 plus tax so likely $14 or$15.  

Unless she already commited to a price?

You underestimate Wynnebag... if fair market price should be $9 you can be sure that by the time she is done it would be after paying tax on the tax on the tax it would hit $25

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

You underestimate Wynnebag... if fair market price should be $9 you can be sure that by the time she is done it would be after paying tax on the tax on the tax it would hit $25

My point wasnt the exact price but that Wynnebag will price it so that black market still more attractive.

The court cases will become interesting as black market packaging will no doubt copy the legal stuff or be very similar.  And the potheads like Failmaker will all cry if their dealer is busted.

30 minutes ago, Sksman said:

My point wasnt the exact price but that Wynnebag will price it so that black market still more attractive.

The court cases will become interesting as black market packaging will no doubt copy the legal stuff or be very similar.  And the potheads like Failmaker will all cry if their dealer is busted.

You're right. I wonder how many of those rooting for legal pot will be so excited when they find that the legal stuff costs them perhaps twice what they are paying for it now. After all there will be a lot of overhead in operating those outlets that have to be included in the retail price.

On 11/5/2017 at 9:21 AM, Sksman said:

Where is Failmaker to tell us current pricing at his dealer?

If you grow 4 plants do you have to register?

And how many will grow 5 or 6. Or more?

Whats the penalty for extra plants?  

no different than brewing beer in your basement

8$ a gram is common - compare to 15 - 2o years ago when it was 12-14 a gram

if its more than 8 dollars all in, they will not sell as much as they could.  But not being arrested is really what is good about this whole thing

On 11/5/2017 at 11:01 AM, Sksman said:

no crying, you just move the next guy on that same street.

Profits are massive for growing pot - less than a 1 dollar a gram

There will be no way to tell where or how you bought your pot

On 11/5/2017 at 11:01 AM, Sksman said:

no crying, you just move the next guy on that same street.

Profits are massive for growing pot - less than a 1 dollar a gram

There will be no way to tell where or how you bought your pot

so who is covered here?  AC will have about a block to get his doobie - 02sled will be picketing some Toronto locations

Fourteen Ontario municipalities — including Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Vaughan, and Hamilton — will have the first LCBO-run recreational marijuana stores.

The Liquor Control Board of Ontario, which runs the new Ontario Cannabis Retail Corporation (OCRC), announced the first wave of 40 stores on Friday.

While the exact locations remain to be determined, Barrie, Kingston, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, and Windsor will also have the legalized weed stores.

I guess the other 100's of municipalities we just have to keep buying it the old fashion way

7 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

so who is covered here?  AC will have about a block to get his doobie - 02sled will be picketing some Toronto locations

Fourteen Ontario municipalities — including Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Vaughan, and Hamilton — will have the first LCBO-run recreational marijuana stores.

The Liquor Control Board of Ontario, which runs the new Ontario Cannabis Retail Corporation (OCRC), announced the first wave of 40 stores on Friday.

While the exact locations remain to be determined, Barrie, Kingston, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, and Windsor will also have the legalized weed stores.

I guess the other 100's of municipalities we just have to keep buying it the old fashion way

waste of money and in reality a waste of time. 

3 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

waste of money and in reality a waste of time. 

I haven't heard from the PC's or NDP on this subject :dunno: 

Patrick could grab some well needed votes by opposing Wynne's pot plan - are the Cons still in the 1920's?  This is going to happen no matter what

Certainly one of the biggest issues in Canadian Politics for quite sometime - why so silent

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

I haven't heard from the PC's or NDP on this subject :dunno: 

Patrick could grab some well needed votes by opposing Wynne's pot plan - are the Cons still in the 1920's?  This is going to happen no matter what

Certainly one of the biggest issues in Canadian Politics for quite sometime - why so silent

its really not a hot button topic like your jerk off fodder PM says it is. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Usedtoskidoo said:

its really not a hot button topic like your jerk off fodder PM says it is. 

Ending prohibition isn't a big deal?  :lmao: 

Tell that to the ones arrested for nothing more than a bit of pot.

Cops will no longer be able to use the "I smell pot"  for total search or your car on the side of the road to find 10$ of pot.

I think this is a huge deal

I think you will be surprise on how many people you know that smoke pot.....

38 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Cops will no longer be able to use the "I smell pot"  for total search or your car on the side of the road to find 10$ of pot.

Not so sure about that. Much the same as they can search your car for alcohol based on what they smell in the car and on you driving high will still be illegal. The driver opens the window and the smell comes poring out.... you think they won't have cause just like alcohol.  

55 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I'm sure I know exactly how many do and don't. We don't hang around people who do. But that's a preference thing. 

Someone lights up around my kids will not be pleased with what I say.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Not so sure about that. Much the same as they can search your car for alcohol based on what they smell in the car and on you driving high will still be illegal. The driver opens the window and the smell comes poring out.... you think they won't have cause just like alcohol.  

dude they won't be bringing in the dogs anymore and where you used to be arrested for having a joint unlike a car full of booze.

Watch border security?  they spend half their time say "faint smell of pot"  we swabbed for pot, we found 2 grams of pot yahoo!

When we start to realize the money being saved from courts and jail time, it will all be good -  The paper work alone that a cop does for a gram  bust is retarded

Thanks Trudeau

1 hour ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

I'm sure I know exactly how many do and don't. We don't hang around people who do. But that's a preference thing. 

Someone lights up around my kids will not be pleased with what I say.

:lmao:  and what type of people are those?  laid back, good natured, pleasure to be around?  :lol:  ya not your type

Do you have a problem with getting a buzz on booze around your kids?  I am going to bet that is every night for you.

Do some reading on the affects booze has had on families, then search out pot affects - there is no contest

stiff shirts like yourself rarely know what people do or don't do,  why tell a party killer anything. 

15 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lmao:  and what type of people are those?  laid back, good natured, pleasure to be around?  :lol:  ya not your type

Do you have a problem with getting a buzz on booze around your kids?  I am going to bet that is every night for you.

Do some reading on the affects booze has had on families, then search out pot affects - there is no contest

stiff shirts like yourself rarely know what people do or don't do,  why tell a party killer anything. 

u ok ? 

18 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

No doubt your the laugh at the party.:lol: