Check your account email address ×

Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

3 hours ago, J D Harmeyer said:

New here, but are O2 and Trail married?  Seems weird and where do they get all the long winded responses from.....they must spend hours researching.  funny stuff

:lol:

On May 3, 2017 at 2:59 PM, 1trailmaker said:

like I said documented facts are not used by some.  Sorry about  your luck Momo but the conservatives record isn't as good as you claim

:lies: 

Students and parents have told me that going to college or university isn't just earning an acceptance letter. There's a huge cost barrier that in some cases means school's not an option.

All students deserve the opportunity to succeed, regardless of their family income. That's why we're making tuition free for more than 210,000 students. We're also expanding free prescription drug coverage for all children and youth 0-24 through OHIP+. These changes will make life more affordable for students, so that they have the best shot at pursuing their goals.

Do you guys know who you are voting for yet? 2018

5 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Students and parents have told me that going to college or university isn't just earning an acceptance letter. There's a huge cost barrier that in some cases means school's not an option.

All students deserve the opportunity to succeed, regardless of their family income. That's why we're making tuition free for more than 210,000 students. We're also expanding free prescription drug coverage for all children and youth 0-24 through OHIP+. These changes will make life more affordable for students, so that they have the best shot at pursuing their goals.

Anybody other than Wynnebag. Sure those are nice to have things from her bag of let's try and buy votes approach but you have to pay for it. Going further into debt is not the answer when it comes to nice to haves. I would like a 40' boat but I can't afford it. There is already a mechanism in place for those who can't afford university. Student loans and grants that have worked well for a long time. Prescriptions for people who don't really need it is just grandstanding. If they are students they are still covered under plans their parents have and almost every employer, even the small guys have a plan coverage.

it sure fits your Libturd utopia dream. Lets take more money from those who have worked hard to be successful and give it to others who haven't been as successful in life.

6 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Stop funding useless arts programs or programs that do not lead to a career.  Focus on supporting the careers of the future.  Then most of the useless careers form the basis of Wynnebags support.

Parents are under no obligation to pay for kids schooling and many kids puts themselves through school.  Why is that no longer an option?

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Stop funding useless arts programs or programs that do not lead to a career.  Focus on supporting the careers of the future.  Then most of the useless careers form the basis of Wynnebags support.

Parents are under no obligation to pay for kids schooling and many kids puts themselves through school.  Why is that no longer an option?

I am guessing being 21yrs old or so and having 50k of debt isn't working out anymore.  A student would still have to pay for food and rent if they go away to school, which many do.

I see no problem with this since it includes all wage groups.

5 hours ago, 02sled said:

Anybody other than Wynnebag. Sure those are nice to have things from her bag of let's try and buy votes approach but you have to pay for it. Going further into debt is not the answer when it comes to nice to haves. I would like a 40' boat but I can't afford it. There is already a mechanism in place for those who can't afford university. Student loans and grants that have worked well for a long time. Prescriptions for people who don't really need it is just grandstanding. If they are students they are still covered under plans their parents have and almost every employer, even the small guys have a plan coverage.

it sure fits your Libturd utopia dream. Lets take more money from those who have worked hard to be successful and give it to others who haven't been as successful in life.

All governments do things to as you say BUY VOTES, your not very bright on these subjects.  In case you missed it, the budget is balanced. 

BOLD - since a family making 2million a year will get free post-secondary education, how is this taking from the rich and giving to the lazy?  again not that bright

37 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I am guessing being 21yrs old or so and having 50k of debt isn't working out anymore.  A student would still have to pay for food and rent if they go away to school, which many do.

Those kids can simply end their education with a high school diploma and get a government job, just like you did. Tit sucking does not require a post secondary education.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

All governments do things to as you say BUY VOTES, your not very bright on these subjects.  In case you missed it, the budget is balanced. 

BOLD - since a family making 2million a year will get free post-secondary education, how is this taking from the rich and giving to the lazy?  again not that bright

Yet, the debt still continues to grow by the same.  How can that be?

4 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol::lol::nuts2: As usual STILL WRONG AGAIN FAIL STRIKES.... Are you really that out of touch with reality? It seems so.

From the provincial government website. https://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2016/09/ontario-making-college-and-university-more-affordable.html

Sept 2016

• Allow eligible students whose parents earn less than $50,000 to graduate without having to pay back provincial student loans
  • Provide the Ontario Student Grant to make the average cost of college and university tuition free for thousands of low- and middle-income students

So guess what Fail... unlike you stupidly believed a family making $2M WILL NOT GET FREE POST-SECONDARY EDUCATION and like I said those who were more successful in life will be paying even more for those who aren't. A libturd utopia. The biggest problem for a libturd is when THEY RUN OUT OF OTHER PEOPLES MONEY TO SPEND.

Balanced budget :lol:You take in $50B but spend $80B. $30B more than you take in. That is not a balanced budget! Oh hold on. Let's borrow $30B and call it a balanced budget. As long as we make the minimum monthly payment we have a :lol:balanced budget.

I can only imagine someone running a business this way....:lol:

You really are out to lunch....

4 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

What a surprise.... Fail IS STILL WRONG AGAIN. First the average student debt is $25K about 1/2 of that $50K you pulled out of your over active imagination yet again. That average $25K is their total average debt which would be inclusive of all costs. Surprise surprise. The students that live at home while going to school for some stupid reason like to eat as well. Even those that don't go to university have this strange need to eat. So don't go spewing that they have to pay for food.

Oh my... they have a whopping $25K in student debt. Many either go back to or continue to live with mom & dad rent free after graduation so they can pay that debt off. You know that debt that is slightly less than the amount of the average new car. The most recent data shows the average price paid for a new vehicle in Canada. On average we paid $27,563 for a 2015 model-year car.

No payments are required for six months after your last confirmed study period ends. No interest is charged during that time. When interest does apply it is prime rate of interest + 1% If your family income is low, you can apply to make reduced monthly loan payments – or no monthly payments at all through the Repayment Assistance Plan.

There is nothing wrong with the program as it is....

Only a libturd would think free post-secondary education for everyone. You do know people have to apply to get into the universities and not everyone gets in as it is. How do you suppose the universities manage the capacity of free education for everyone? How out of touch with reality can you really be Fail.

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

What a surprise.... Fail IS STILL WRONG AGAIN. First the average student debt is $25K about 1/2 of that $50K you pulled out of your over active imagination yet again. That average $25K is their total average debt which would be inclusive of all costs. Surprise surprise. The students that live at home while going to school for some stupid reason like to eat as well. Even those that don't go to university have this strange need to eat. So don't go spewing that they have to pay for food.

Oh my... they have a whopping $25K in student debt. Many either go back to or continue to live with mom & dad rent free after graduation so they can pay that debt off. You know that debt that is slightly less than the amount of the average new car. The most recent data shows the average price paid for a new vehicle in Canada. On average we paid $27,563 for a 2015 model-year car.

No payments are required for six months after your last confirmed study period ends. No interest is charged during that time. When interest does apply it is prime rate of interest + 1% If your family income is low, you can apply to make reduced monthly loan payments – or no monthly payments at all through the Repayment Assistance Plan.

There is nothing wrong with the program as it is....

Only a libturd would think free post-secondary education for everyone. You do know people have to apply to get into the universities and not everyone gets in as it is. How do you suppose the universities manage the capacity of free education for everyone? How out of touch with reality can you really be Fail.

get a grip 02sled

course - 6500

Residence Housing $5,352 - $8,941    

that is per year

Cost includes heat, electricity, water, and Wi-Fi. Meal plan cost not included.

Books 1500

Meals 2600

Thats 15k for one year 0tool for an average course = 60k

I actually paid for schooling - and average loan doesn't mean what they paid, it  means what they borrowed

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

get a grip 02sled

course - 6500

Residence Housing $5,352 - $8,941    

that is per year

Cost includes heat, electricity, water, and Wi-Fi. Meal plan cost not included.

Books 1500

Meals 2600

Thats 15k for one year 0tool for an average course = 60k

I actually paid for schooling - and average loan doesn't mean what they paid, it  means what they borrowed

Give it a rest Fail. You couldn't have been any more wrong on your BS free post secondary education for everyone and you're out to lunch as usual on the rest. I just paid for my niece and nephews education so I know exactly what it costs. You do realize different programs and different universities have different fees. She graduated University of Guelph last year so the costs I paid are real current.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Give it a rest Fail. You couldn't have been any more wrong on your BS free post secondary education for everyone and you're out to lunch as usual on the rest. I just paid for my niece and nephews education so I know exactly what it costs. You do realize different programs and different universities have different fees. She graduated University of Guelph last year so the costs I paid are real current.

those were from the UofT website for standard courses

52k to attend Guelph for 4 years not including books - and if you want 3 good meals a day that is another 4k

these are for Guelph 13k a year to stay there

Business $4,502.93
Early Childhood Studies $3,285.29
Family &   Social Services $3,285.29
Justice Studies $3,285.29
Kinesiology $3,285.29
Media Studies $3,285.29
Psychology $3,285.29

Room 

Rate        

Dining     Plan

Total

Single

$6,253

$2,350      regular       

$8,603

Single

$6,253

$2,850     medium

$9,103

Single

$6,253

$3,400      large

$9,653

Edited by 1trailmaker

We did, and it wasn't a big deal.  Paid all my student loans back once I started working.  Worked all through school too. 

Today's kids are lazy, and have a sense of entitlement. 

15 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Are you really new here, JD? 

On 2017-05-06 at 6:32 PM, J D Harmeyer said:

New here, but are O2 and Trail married?  Seems weird and where do they get all the long winded responses from.....they must spend hours researching.  funny stuff

8 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

52k to attend Guelph for 4 years not including books - and if you want 3 good meals a day that is another 4k

Business $4,502.93
Kinesiology $3,285.29
Media Studies $3,285.29
Psychology $3,285.29

Room 

Rate        

Dining     Plan

Total

Single

$6,253

$2,350      regular       

$8,603

Single

$6,253

$2,850     medium

$9,103

Single

$6,253

$3,400      large

$9,653

How does $2,350 get to $4,000 for meals?

10 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

We did, and it wasn't a big deal.  Paid all my student loans back once I started working.  Worked all through school too. 

Today's kids are lazy, and have a sense of entitlement. 

Problem is University was cheap when we were going and now is 18k a year. So a 4 year degree in English lit can be shy of 80k. Its a ridiculous system unless you work it

My son wont even go to University as I know its not for him anyway.

41 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Problem is University was cheap when we were going and now is 18k a year. So a 4 year degree in English lit can be shy of 80k. Its a ridiculous system unless you work it

My son wont even go to University as I know its not for him anyway.

80K for useless courses and the only thing they get out of it today is what gender they wish to identify.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Business $4,502.93
Kinesiology $3,285.29
Media Studies $3,285.29
Psychology $3,285.29

Room 

Rate        

Dining     Plan

Total

Single

$6,253

$2,350      regular       

$8,603

Single

$6,253

$2,850     medium

$9,103

Single

$6,253

$3,400      large

$9,653

You really don't understand much do you. One year tuition University of Guelph, Marine Biology, $6951.64. Guess what most students live off campus doing things like sharing a house or an apartment with friends. Her share of rent $325/month for 9 months $2925. Another real shocker for you. They have to eat regardless of where they live so food is not part of the cost of education. Either is clothing.

The average student isn't coming out with $50K debt like your over active imagination came up with.

And of course there will have to be even more government jobs created to administer all this FREE education that you :lol:thought was for everyone regardless of income. Are the libturds going to magically create more space in universities for all these extra students. They already can't accommodate everyone that applies each year now.

Edited by 02sled