Check your account email address ×

Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

33 minutes ago, Boered said:

Condemning this man that followed the law and even went beyond to accommodate is sickening. The human rights tribunal is a kangaroo court that should not even exist. It is completely arbitrary and basis decisions on emotion. It is the go to place for minorities to score cash. Take a look at the judgment history of this tribunal and you will puke if you have one once of common sense.

I agree the numbers are large at times.

actually this was based on video and text/emails between them.

Simple solution would be to take your shoes off.  Don't threaten in emails, don't post crap on facebook, Don't do something then say fuck it.

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

He never repaired anything in the bedroom, this was the only room he asked him no to wear  his shoes. 

read the court docs, some info was left out of the Sun article.

This is a rented spot, it is not his home once its rented.

Yes and the landlord and tenant act should do just fine.  Now you wonder why rentals are going up for sale.

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

interesting, we know that this being reported because it involves a Muslim.  the 100's of other cases go unnoticed and no one cares.

Just think all this guy had to do was take off his shoes and none of this would have happened.  If I enter someone's home I tend to do what they ask, being taking my shoes off or whatever.  Even if it was 02sled's place I would follow the rules set out by him.

Who disagrees?

are we concerned with the Tim Hortons cashier getting 35k for discrimination firing :dunno:  of course not

There was much more than that. He had to avoid the five times a day that were designated for prayers. Saying I will have a prospective tenant there tomorrow between 2 and 4 pm wasn't allowed since the guys wife needed much more specific and more than 24 hours notice so she could be "modestly" attired with her head covered and more. He would send them a text in an effort to accommodate them but the text would go unanswered so he eventually quit sending the text message.

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

There was much more than that. He had to avoid the five times a day that were designated for prayers. Saying I will have a prospective tenant there tomorrow between 2 and 4 pm wasn't allowed since the guys wife needed much more specific and more than 24 hours notice so she could be "modestly" attired with her head covered and more. He would send them a text in an effort to accommodate them but the text would go unanswered so he eventually quit sending the text message.

I think you should read the DOC and not the SUN.....   maybe try the STAR that actually linked to the court Doc.

16 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I think you should read the DOC and not the SUN.....   maybe try the STAR that actually linked to the court Doc.

I'm not buying into you having read the whole document. https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onhrt/doc/2017/2017hrto436/2017hrto436.html

I believe I did read somewhere that the decision document is something like 35 pages. They wanted their landlord to exclude their 5 prayer times per day from him bringing anyone in to see the apartment. Prayers themselves are about 5 minutes and then another 5 for ablutions and ritual washings. The prayer times are.

But of course following the actual law which is part of the landlord tenant act isn't enough.

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

I'm not buying into you having read the whole document. https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onhrt/doc/2017/2017hrto436/2017hrto436.html

I believe I did read somewhere that the decision document is something like 35 pages. They wanted their landlord to exclude their 5 prayer times per day from him bringing anyone in to see the apartment. Prayers themselves are about 5 minutes and then another 5 for ablutions and ritual washings. The prayer times are.

But of course following the actual law which is part of the landlord tenant act isn't enough.

02, the laws are heavily stacked in the tenants favour.  Better to sell the place and let them go fuck themselves.

9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

02, the laws are heavily stacked in the tenants favour.  Better to sell the place and let them go fuck themselves.

I know they are but this human rights commission scenario just makes it even tougher on a landlord. All he wants to do is rent the place out and the tenants are making it even more difficult.

I wonder how many others are going to see this and then use it as a cash cow for them to get paid as well.

Edited by 02sled

17 minutes ago, 02sled said:

take 5 minutes to read a bit of it,  you might find out some info you are not aware of.

8 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I know they are but this human rights commission scenario just makes it even tougher on a landlord. All he wants to do is rent the place out and the tenants are making it even more difficult.

I wonder how many others are going to see this and then use it as a cash cow for them to get paid as well.

Unfortunately for the tenants, landlords will use this info against them and won't even bother renting out to Muslims unless they are desperate, or better still just sell and invest in the markets.    It all works out in the end.

11 minutes ago, 02sled said:

read the DOC

On many days, no prospective tenants came to view the apartment.

02sled if all he wanted was to rent his place, why not take your shoes off?  why not text the guy so the wife can get ready?  why enter the apartment while the woman was sleeping?

simple communication is all that is needed in most cases, maybe that isn't something you are used too

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

take 5 minutes to read a bit of it,  you might find out some info you are not aware of.

Read what?  If its my place I give 24 hrs notice to show to the next tenant.  I don't care if they are in the shower.

TBH though we would have waited until they were gone as there normally substantial work to be done between rentals.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Read what?  If its my place I give 24 hrs notice to show to the next tenant.  I don't care if they are in the shower.

TBH though we would have waited until they were gone as there normally substantial work to be done between rentals.

You can NOT enter the apartment while they are home without consent = FACT

These 2 were knocking heads and one guy lost. 

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Now I remember why I am no longer a landlord.  Flashbacks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

I agree the numbers are large at times.

actually this was based on video and text/emails between them.

Simple solution would be to take your shoes off.  Don't threaten in emails, don't post crap on facebook, Don't do something then say fuck it.

He did not threaten anything and was under no obligation to remove his shoes. Not to mention paying 12k because he failed to bow down to a renters religion is ludicrous. Would you be happy if you rented out your basement and the people demanded you drink the blood of a chicken before you enter the apartment, what if that was their religion, where is the line drawn. We have laws, and the guy followed the law, that is where it should end.

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Wrong, you are only obliged to give 24 hours notice, make your presence known when you arrive and then you are free to enter using your key. That is the law.

3 minutes ago, Boered said:

He did not threaten anything and was under no obligation to remove his shoes. Not to mention paying 12k because he failed to bow down to a renters religion is ludicrous. Would you be happy if you rented out your basement and the people demanded you drink the blood of a chicken before you enter the apartment, what if that was their religion, where is the line drawn. We have laws, and the guy followed the law, that is where it should end.

Well he tried to make his point, his wife and potential  tenants didn't.  It wasn't just the shoes, but you would need to read the DOC to see that.  Please don't enter the bedroom with your shoes on,, reply "fuck you"

And you can't force people to ingest anything as a part of your religion, you should read up on our laws.....

8 minutes ago, Boered said:

Wrong, you are only obliged to give 24 hours notice, make your presence known when you arrive and then you are free to enter using your key. That is the law.

okay you post your law for us to read

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Well he tried to make his point, his wife and potential  tenants didn't.  It wasn't just the shoes, but you would need to read the DOC to see that.  Please don't enter the bedroom with your shoes on,, reply "fuck you"

And you can't force people to ingest anything as a part of your religion, you should read up on our laws.....

I read the document. These fucktards wanted special treatment they were not entitled to under the law, did not get, then ran to the kangaroo court and got a moronic judgement that they do not deserve. The document you just told me to read has a paragraph outlining where the police advised the tenant the landlord had a right to enter even if they were home ass long as 24 hour notice had been given. Try reading it yourself Steve.

4 hours ago, Boered said:

I read the document. These fucktards wanted special treatment they were not entitled to under the law, did not get, then ran to the kangaroo court and got a moronic judgement that they do not deserve. The document you just told me to read has a paragraph outlining where the police advised the tenant the landlord had a right to enter even if they were home ass long as 24 hour notice had been given. Try reading it yourself Steve.

lol you using cops as knowing the law :lmao:  now that is funny

you must give 24hrs notice and provide the time you wish to enter, not a block of times between hours.  I need in at 1:15pm.  The owner was never denied entry.

either way if it wasn't Muslim it would not be posted

4 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

lol you using cops as knowing the law :lmao:  now that is funny

you must give 24hrs notice and provide the time you wish to enter, not a block of times between hours.  I need in at 1:15pm.  The owner was never denied entry.

either way if it wasn't Muslim it would not be posted

If it was not a muslim there would be no problem. It is the whining asshole cunt couple that were lucky enough to be let into this country causing an issue where none was present, and bleeding heart liberals like you rewarding them for being total steaming piles of shit.

18 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Perhaps you should read the document rather than just cherry pick the occasional phrase from the first few. After all you couldn't have possibly had time to read that whole document at work.

Bottom line... the tenants expected special treatment outside of what is spelled out in the landlord tenant act which is the law to be followed. Now the BS Human Rights Tribunal declares that if you're Muslim you are ENTITLED to special treatment other than what is in the landlord tenant act.

Entry to show rental unit to prospective tenants

(3) A landlord may enter the rental unit without written notice to show the unit to prospective tenants if,

(a) the landlord and tenant have agreed that the tenancy will be terminated or one of them has given notice of termination to the other;

(b) the landlord enters the unit between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.; and

(c) before entering, the landlord informs or makes a reasonable effort to inform the tenant of the intention to do so.  2006, c. 17, s. 26 (3).

Entry with notice

27. (1) A landlord may enter a rental unit in accordance with written notice given to the tenant at least 24 hours before the time of entry under the following circumstances:

1. To carry out a repair or replacement or do work in the rental unit.

2. To allow a potential mortgagee or insurer of the residential complex to view the rental unit.

3. To allow a person who holds a certificate of authorization within the meaning of the Professional Engineers Act or a certificate of practice within the meaning of the Architects Act or another qualified person to make a physical inspection of the rental unit to satisfy a requirement imposed under subsection 9 (4) of the Condominium Act, 1998.

4. To carry out an inspection of the rental unit, if,

5. For any other reasonable reason for entry specified in the tenancy agreement. 2006, c. 17, s. 27 (1).

Contents of notice

(3) The written notice under subsection (1) or (2) shall specify the reason for entry, the day of entry and a time of entry between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. 2006, c. 17, s. 27 (3).

Seems to me the landlord followed the terms of the landlord tenant act. Nowhere does it say the landlord is required to give additional notice so the tenant can cover herself modestly, or does it say that the landlord must avoid prayer times. The politically correct human rights commission however identifies the tenant as special and ENTITLED to unique treatment not identified in the landlord tenant act.

Businesses are now seeing demands to provide dedicated prayer rooms and now the province endorses providing prayer rooms in schools while the Lords Prayer was eliminated from schools.

Edited by 02sled

Human rights commision is a joke.  

As a Muslim sledder does that mean i am entitled to having the OFSC install heated prayer shacks in many areas on the trail system?

Maybe the Wynne government will provide sponsorship money?