Check your account email address ×

Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

6 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Human rights commision is a joke.  

As a Muslim sledder does that mean i am entitled to having the OFSC install heated prayer shacks in many areas on the trail system?

Maybe the Wynne government will provide sponsorship money?

A local gas station near home had a problem with one of their employees. He would lock the door, shut down the pumps and go to a back room to roll out his prayer rug. Twice a day he was shutting the business down for about 10 minutes each time. He's no longer there however he allegedly complained to the Human Rights Commission that his employer was infringing on his religious rights.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Perhaps you should read the document rather than just cherry pick the occasional phrase from the first few. After all you couldn't have possibly had time to read that whole document at work.

Bottom line... the tenants expected special treatment outside of what is spelled out in the landlord tenant act which is the law to be followed. Now the BS Human Rights Tribunal declares that if you're Muslim you are ENTITLED to special treatment other than what is in the landlord tenant act.

Entry to show rental unit to prospective tenants

(3) A landlord may enter the rental unit without written notice to show the unit to prospective tenants if,

(a) the landlord and tenant have agreed that the tenancy will be terminated or one of them has given notice of termination to the other;

(b) the landlord enters the unit between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.; and

(c) before entering, the landlord informs or makes a reasonable effort to inform the tenant of the intention to do so.  2006, c. 17, s. 26 (3).

Entry with notice

27. (1) A landlord may enter a rental unit in accordance with written notice given to the tenant at least 24 hours before the time of entry under the following circumstances:

1. To carry out a repair or replacement or do work in the rental unit.

2. To allow a potential mortgagee or insurer of the residential complex to view the rental unit.

3. To allow a person who holds a certificate of authorization within the meaning of the Professional Engineers Act or a certificate of practice within the meaning of the Architects Act or another qualified person to make a physical inspection of the rental unit to satisfy a requirement imposed under subsection 9 (4) of the Condominium Act, 1998.

4. To carry out an inspection of the rental unit, if,

5. For any other reasonable reason for entry specified in the tenancy agreement. 2006, c. 17, s. 27 (1).

Contents of notice

(3) The written notice under subsection (1) or (2) shall specify the reason for entry, the day of entry and a time of entry between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. 2006, c. 17, s. 27 (3).

Seems to me the landlord followed the terms of the landlord tenant act. Nowhere does it say the landlord is required to give additional notice so the tenant can cover herself modestly, or does it say that the landlord must avoid prayer times. The politically correct human rights commission however identifies the tenant as special and ENTITLED to unique treatment not identified in the landlord tenant act.

Businesses are now seeing demands to provide dedicated prayer rooms and now the province endorses providing prayer rooms in schools while the Lords Prayer was eliminated from schools.

you realize I am not on the kangaroo court?  nor did I ever say they deserve any of this money.  He won his case and we are upset because he was Muslim, the other 850 cases a year we don't care about.

when was the lords prayer BANNED from any school?

26 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Human rights commision is a joke.  

As a Muslim sledder does that mean i am entitled to having the OFSC install heated prayer shacks in many areas on the trail system?

Maybe the Wynne government will provide sponsorship money?

lol

40 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

you realize I am not on the kangaroo court?  nor did I ever say they deserve any of this money.  He won his case and we are upset because he was Muslim, the other 850 cases a year we don't care about.

when was the lords prayer BANNED from any school?

I didn't say you claimed they deserve the money. No we are not upset because he was a Muslim. We are upset because of the stupidity of people being given special consideration outside of the law because of their religion. This sets them apart as more equal or special than everyone else. It is only reasonable to expect that if someone (landlord)complies with the laws of Ontario and Canada that they shouldn't have to do more. Maybe we should amend the Landlord Tenant Act with sub clauses with exemptions for Buddhists, Hindus Sikhs, Pagans, Satanists, Islamists, Taoists, and the religious observations of virtually every religion in Ontario.  That should leave at least 5 days a year that a landlord isn't obstructed from access in some way or another.

As for the Lords Prayer.... that was about 29 years ago

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/lord-s-prayer-banned-25-years-ago-after-sudbury-protest-1.1359913

We no longer have Halloween in many schools, now it's black and orange day. Why, because of the potential to offend some religions.

Then April 2015

Early last week the Supreme Court of Canada ruled unanimously that a Saguenay, Que. town council’s recitation of the Lord’s Prayer prior to its meetings is unconstitutional.

Edited by 02sled

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I didn't say you claimed they deserve the money. No we are not upset because he was a Muslim. We are upset because of the stupidity of people being given special consideration outside of the law regardless of their religion. It is only reasonable to expect that if someone complies with the laws of Ontario and Canada that they shouldn't have to do more.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/lord-s-prayer-banned-25-years-ago-after-sudbury-protest-1.1359913

We no longer have Halloween in many schools, now it's black and orange day. Why, because of the potential to offend some religions.

Then April 2015

Early last week the Supreme Court of Canada ruled unanimously that a Saguenay, Que. town council’s recitation of the Lord’s Prayer prior to its meetings is unconstitutional.

The Lord's Prayer has no place being force on anyone during the morning announcements.  I 100% agree with this.  A student still has the right to say the lord's prayer if they wish too.  there is no ban on doing this.

No government should be saying the Lord's Prayer as a part of the daily routine, I agree 100% with this.

When they start forcing us to Pray with Muslims I will be against this too. 

Bottom line there is no ban on the Lord's Prayer but there is a ban on forcing it down peoples throats.  I agree 100%

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

The Lord's Prayer has no place being force on anyone during the morning announcements.  I 100% agree with this.  A student still has the right to say the lord's prayer if they wish too.  there is no ban on doing this.

No government should be saying the Lord's Prayer as a part of the daily routine, I agree 100% with this.

When they start forcing us to Pray with Muslims I will be against this too. 

Bottom line there is no ban on the Lord's Prayer but there is a ban on forcing it down peoples throats.  I agree 100%

You're wrong as usual... the recital of the Lords Prayer was removed from the school system in 1988. It wasn't forced upon anyone. Those who didn't want to could opt out and simply not participate. There isn't an accommodation for those who want to recite the Lords Prayer in schools today. They don't set aside a time slot to allow for it or a space to allow for it. However schools are now in growing numbers creating prayer rooms and setting aside time for Muslim prayers. In the GTA prayer time in school hours is 1:16 during May. It seems the TDSB lunch window is 11:45 to 12:45. Doesn't seem to coincide with prayer time does it?

15 minutes ago, 02sled said:

You're wrong as usual... the recital of the Lords Prayer was removed from the school system in 1988. It wasn't forced upon anyone. Those who didn't want to could opt out and simply not participate. There isn't an accommodation for those who want to recite the Lords Prayer in schools today. They don't set aside a time slot to allow for it or a space to allow for it. However schools are now in growing numbers creating prayer rooms and setting aside time for Muslim prayers. In the GTA prayer time in school hours is 1:16 during May. It seems the TDSB lunch window is 11:45 to 12:45. Doesn't seem to coincide with prayer time does it?

are you suggesting that if some christian kids wanted to have a room for saying the Lord Prayer they would be denied?  I think you would be wrong.

There is no ban on any prayer in Canada, stop with the FAKE NEWS

I went to a prominent Jewish school, they too had DAYS OFF not just a window of time.  We goys kind of enjoyed those days as the halls were near empty and zero work being done.  Where is your outrage as this still happens today

Edited by 1trailmaker

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

are you suggesting that if some christian kids wanted to have a room for saying the Lord Prayer they would be denied?  I think you would be wrong.

I went to a prominent Jewish school, they too had DAYS OFF not just a window of time.  We goys kind of enjoyed those days as the halls were near empty and zero work being done.  Where is your outrage as this still happens today

You went to a private Jewish school? Lol. 

Private schools can do what they want. 

45 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I didn't say you claimed they deserve the money. No we are not upset because he was a Muslim. We are upset because of the stupidity of people being given special consideration outside of the law because of their religion. This sets them apart as more equal or special than everyone else. It is only reasonable to expect that if someone (landlord)complies with the laws of Ontario and Canada that they shouldn't have to do more. Maybe we should amend the Landlord Tenant Act with sub clauses with exemptions for Buddhists, Hindus Sikhs, Pagans, Satanists, Islamists, Taoists, and the religious observations of virtually every religion in Ontario.  That should leave at least 5 days a year that a landlord isn't obstructed from access in some way or another.

Then April 2015

The landlord should have asked to be provided with acceptable times to show the place.  The laws are for when you can't work things out. 

9 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Fake News.... More Fail BS. You seem to hold CBC in high regard. How dare they circulate FAKE NEWS.

Many want Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays but that is not allowed since it's politically incorrect. Christmas in schools is under attack. No apologies offered. I say Merry Christmas. Heck with Happy Holidays. If someone is offended too bad. I have friends who celebrate Diwali. I'm not offended and shouldn't be. People are finally starting to push back and refuse to abandon what is important to them in favour of politically correct.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/holiday-guide/canadian-schools-struggle-with-what-to-do-about-christmas/article1357339/

9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The landlord should have asked to be provided with acceptable times to show the place.  The laws are for when you can't work things out. 

He had worked to accommodate the tenant by sending text messages a short time before he would arrive after already giving them the 24 hour notice. When the text messages repeatedly went unanswered he quit sending them. The timing seemed to be all around her getting herself all wrapped up for modesty concerns.

Edited by 02sled

23 minutes ago, 02sled said:

He had worked to accommodate the tenant by sending text messages a short time before he would arrive after already giving them the 24 hour notice. When the text messages repeatedly went unanswered he quit sending them. The timing seemed to be all around her getting herself all wrapped up for modesty concerns.

The verdict was BS and just goes to show what direction we are headed.  I don't envy any landlord.  We used to have pretty good tenants but there were always some who made you regret why you did it in the first place.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The verdict was BS and just goes to show what direction we are headed.  I don't envy any landlord.  We used to have pretty good tenants but there were always some who made you regret why you did it in the first place.

When my mother passed away we considered renting out her home on the water in Wasaga Beach rather than just selling it. After hearing some horror stories about bad residential tenants from others we sold it. I often wonder why anyone would want to be a residential landlord anymore.

Even commercial tenants can be a headache although they are vastly different from residential. A friend of mine has a commercial tenant who is now 20 days behind in the rent and has changed the locks on the premises so that his master key no longer works. It's in the hands of his lawyer now.

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

When my mother passed away we considered renting out her home on the water in Wasaga Beach rather than just selling it. After hearing some horror stories about bad residential tenants from others we sold it. I often wonder why anyone would want to be a residential landlord anymore.

Even commercial tenants can be a headache although they are vastly different from residential. A friend of mine has a commercial tenant who is now 20 days behind in the rent and has changed the locks on the premises so that his master key no longer works. It's in the hands of his lawyer now.

Commercial is different, normally when they get behind on rent it does not look good.  Rent is the first thing you pay.  A good tenant would be truthful, say he is being and when he can expect the rent.  

I would have considered weekly vacation rental for your moms house if it was on the water.  You would make more than yearly leases.

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Commercial is different, normally when they get behind on rent it does not look good.  Rent is the first thing you pay.  A good tenant would be truthful, say he is being and when he can expect the rent.  

I would have considered weekly vacation rental for your moms house if it was on the water.  You would make more than yearly leases.

We thought about it but the headaches and us not being nearby led us just to sell.

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Fake News.... More Fail BS. You seem to hold CBC in high regard. How dare they circulate FAKE NEWS.

Many want Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays but that is not allowed since it's politically incorrect. Christmas in schools is under attack. No apologies offered. I say Merry Christmas. Heck with Happy Holidays. If someone is offended too bad. I have friends who celebrate Diwali. I'm not offended and shouldn't be. People are finally starting to push back and refuse to abandon what is important to them in favour of politically correct.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/holiday-guide/canadian-schools-struggle-with-what-to-do-about-christmas/article1357339/

Posting the same link over again doesn't change the content, all that was done is they stopped forcing the prayer over the announcements. WTF is wrong with you?

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Posting the same link over again doesn't change the content, all that was done is they stopped forcing the prayer over the announcements. WTF is wrong with you?

Show me where the Lords Prayer wasn't removed from the schools. I showed you where it was. You definitely seem to have a double standard and your politically correct libturd attitude is so obvious. The traditional Canadian ways must be eliminated because they may offend a couple of people however we must bend over backwards to accommodate their traditions and ways. How can you be so out of touch with reality of what is unfolding all around us. Heck you even denied that schools were now eliminating Halloween in favour of Black and Orange Day.

How about in 2011 when the Ottawa area school cancelled a Christmas concert since it may offend a whopping 9 students.

When the principal at Cambridge Public School in Embrun, Ont., a small community east of Ottawa, cancelled the Christmas concert this year to accommodate nine students who didn’t want to participate, she thought it might upset a few families.

She underestimated the backlash. Principal Mhairi Rowland received more than 300 e-mails from across Canada, many of them vicious. The kinder critics called her a Grinch and accused her of cancelling Christmas.

Embrun’s tempest is just one example of the increasingly angry reaction to what some perceive as excessive accommodation of non-Christians at Christmas.

Instead of having the nine students sit in the office during rehearsals, Ms. Rowland decided the school should instead have a February concert not tied to any religion. While some parents were happy, others lamented the loss of a local tradition.

How can you possibly go through life oblivious to the erosion of our beliefs under the guise of politically correct and see them being replaced and upheld by the BS Human Rights Commission with those of other ethnicities. You really do have blinkers on.

Edited by 02sled

46 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Show me where the Lords Prayer wasn't removed from the schools. I showed you where it was. You definitely seem to have a double standard and your politically correct libturd attitude is so obvious. The traditional Canadian ways must be eliminated because they may offend a couple of people however we must bend over backwards to accommodate their traditions and ways. How can you be so out of touch with reality of what is unfolding all around us. Heck you even denied that schools were now eliminating Halloween in favour of Black and Orange Day.

How about in 2011 when the Ottawa area school cancelled a Christmas concert since it may offend a whopping 9 students.

When the principal at Cambridge Public School in Embrun, Ont., a small community east of Ottawa, cancelled the Christmas concert this year to accommodate nine students who didn’t want to participate, she thought it might upset a few families.

She underestimated the backlash. Principal Mhairi Rowland received more than 300 e-mails from across Canada, many of them vicious. The kinder critics called her a Grinch and accused her of cancelling Christmas.

Embrun’s tempest is just one example of the increasingly angry reaction to what some perceive as excessive accommodation of non-Christians at Christmas.

Instead of having the nine students sit in the office during rehearsals, Ms. Rowland decided the school should instead have a February concert not tied to any religion. While some parents were happy, others lamented the loss of a local tradition.

How can you possibly go through life oblivious to the erosion of our beliefs under the guise of politically correct and see them being replaced and upheld by the BS Human Rights Commission with those of other ethnicities. You really do have blinkers on.

you are allowed to say the lords prayer any time you wish, this is FACT 02sled.  They no longer do it over the announcements in the public non catholic system.  This is a very good thing for public schools and I agree 100% with it.  And who are you to tell me what OUR BELIEFS are?

Let me know when our kids have to do Muslim prays - and I will be on your side,  I am not on your side to push YOUR beliefs down every students throat....

When you went to school 99% were Christians, those numbers are not true today..... Never mind that the Christmas is not about jingle bells and singing carols if you get down to it, its about the Birth of Jesus something that has nothing to do with Schooling nor should it.  The reality is most families don't even go to church even on Christmas, to say that not having a christmas concert is somehow taking away beliefs is laughable.

02religious one, how many times do you say the Lords Prayer a weeK? If you don't answer 7 days a week you are a Hypocrite

there are over 10k schools in Canada and I can guarantee many still have Christmas Concerts when living in white christian areas.  My kids school for example.  Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, London, Calgary are different examples and they tend to have Winter Concerts or Holiday Concerts.

Stop trying to force ALL TO BELIEVE WHAT YOU DO.

Halloween - again you give one example out of the 1000's of schools across our nation :lmao:  that have dress up days ect.  Halloween is not a religious event for us, and really its pretty much dying out - sending your kids out to beg for Candy doesn't seem like a proper thing to do.  Most people have no idea why we even have Halloween including you.

More Fail BS. Are you really stupid enough to think that if the teacher is all set to start a lesson first thing in the morning and a bunch of students want that delayed so they can recite the Lords Prayer that's going to happen... yeah right. The point that as usual you keep missing is that if religion doesn't have any place in schools including Christian then there shouldn't be ANY religion in schools period. Yet we keep moving more and more to accommodate those religions that are non Christian, in particular Muslim. I just expect that equality be applied. If we don't support Christian practices in schools then we shouldn't support the others.

There is this huge focus on not offending the Muslim, the Sikh etc. but nobody gives a second thought about not offending the Christian. I used to look forward to Diwali when one some of those in the office celebrated we joined in with them. They celebrated Christmas along with us. Nobody was offended period... we all just got along and appreciated each other traditions.

What's the matter Fail... you expect others to believe as you do... when we don't you tell us how misguided we all are but then you suggest we shouldn't encourage our beliefs be accepted.

Edited by 02sled

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

The point that as usual you keep missing is that if religion doesn't have any place in schools including Christian then there shouldn't be ANY religion in schools period. Yet we keep moving more and more to accommodate those religions that are non Christian, in particular Muslim. I just expect that equality be applied. If we don't support Christian practices in schools then we shouldn't support the others.

If you can show me where a Christian Club isn't allowed I will be on your side.  There isn't one single school that is making anyone attend any religious event.  Although you would like to force all to Hail Jesus.

If you call catering giving some muslim kids a place to pray in private, then you definition of catering is off.....

How many times do you pray a day?  none right :dunno:  yet you want all kids to pray everyday - that is fucked up 02religiousman

10 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

If you can show me where a Christian Club isn't allowed I will be on your side.  There isn't one single school that is making anyone attend any religious event.  Although you would like to force all to Hail Jesus.

If you call catering giving some muslim kids a place to pray in private, then you definition of catering is off.....

How many times do you pray a day?  none right :dunno:  yet you want all kids to pray everyday - that is fucked up 02religiousman

Christian clubs?  Fuck they don't even have those in the Catholic schools.  Gotta accommodate the LGBTQ clubs. 

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Christian clubs?  Fuck they don't even have those in the Catholic schools.  Gotta accommodate the LGBTQ clubs. 

All and any club students wish to start should be supported...  these clubs are building blocks for their future....

If a bunch of gays want to have a club to discuss things, go for it.

if a bunch of Muslims want to have a club to pray, go for it

if the school wants to force students into a club or a religion, fuck no

none of that is catering, accommodate them with a room fore sure