Check your account email address ×

Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

You really don't understand much do you. One year tuition University of Guelph, Marine Biology, $6951.64. Guess what most students live off campus doing things like sharing a house or an apartment with friends. Her share of rent $325/month for 9 months $2925. Another real shocker for you. They have to eat regardless of where they live so food is not part of the cost of education. Either is clothing.

The average student isn't coming out with $50K debt like your over active imagination came up with.

The sea was angry that day . . . .

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The sea was angry that day . . . .

I had forgotten that episode... George was a character, a marine biologist, an architect and an importer/exporter for Vandelay Industries.

My niece is working at the Ontario Water Resources Commission now. It seems that employers when recruiting from the university graduating classes are being real choosy because they can. If you weren't in the top 10% of the graduating class you didn't even get an interview for this job. According to my niece her boss told her what made the difference for her was she did some work in the field while doing her studies.

Edited by 02sled

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

You really don't understand much do you. One year tuition University of Guelph, Marine Biology, $6951.64. Guess what most students live off campus doing things like sharing a house or an apartment with friends. Her share of rent $325/month for 9 months $2925. Another real shocker for you. They have to eat regardless of where they live so food is not part of the cost of education. Either is clothing.

The average student isn't coming out with $50K debt like your over active imagination came up with.

And of course there will have to be even more government jobs created to administer all this FREE education that you :lol:thought was for everyone regardless of income. Are the libturds going to magically create more space in universities for all these extra students. They already can't accommodate everyone that applies each year now.

so by your own post your niece had 40k without any food or books.  Thanks 02sled for the info

10 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so by your own post your niece had 40k without any food or books.  Thanks 02sled for the info

Fail... get off the food BS... you think they don't eat if they don't go to university. $27,806.56 for tuition, rent was $10,400, text books just under $1,000 a year. Total cost $42,000 for the 4 years with books and rent. Lots of students still live at home when they are going to university as well. Not everyone needs to pay rent. If you take away rent it's $31,806.56. No matter how you slice it according to the province the average student debt is $25,000. 1/2 of what your imagination dreamed up. I asked my niece how many of her friends lived at home while going to university. She tells me over half of them did. Most went to either U of T, York or Ryerson.

Don't forget the grant program that's already in place where if you qualify you don't have to pay it back.

7 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Fail... get off the food BS... you think they don't eat if they don't go to university. $27,806.56 for tuition, rent was $10,400, text books just under $1,000 a year. Total cost $42,000 for the 4 years with books and rent. Lots of students still live at home when they are going to university as well. Not everyone needs to pay rent. If you take away rent it's $31,806.56. No matter how you slice it according to the province the average student debt is $25,000. 1/2 of what your imagination dreamed up. I asked my niece how many of her friends lived at home while going to university. She tells me over half of them did. Most went to either U of T, York or Ryerson.

Don't forget the grant program that's already in place where if you qualify you don't have to pay it back.

so if she didn't have the rich uncle she would've have a loan for?  42k? plus the food she bought

great info 02sled

so half stayed at home, I am assuming that would bring down the loan average, what do you think?

Edited by 1trailmaker

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-election-2017-results-1.4107582

As of midnight PT Wednesday, Christy Clark and her Liberals had won a minority government, elected in 43 of B.C.'s 87 ridings, compared to 41 for the NDP and three for the Green Party. It takes 44 seats to form a majority in B.C.

Do the conservatives not even bother at a provincial level ? haha, chumps

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Columbia_Conservative_Party

The party was not able to select a new leader before the start of the 2017 election campaign. After nominating 56 candidates in 2013 and earning almost five percent of the vote, the Conservatives entered the campaign for the 2017 provincial election without a leader. It nominated ten candidates, none of whom was elected.[26]

16 minutes ago, steve6 said:

recount in one district which was won by NDP by 9 votes over the Libs.  Could be a majority by end of the week.

Too bad the economy is going well in most Provinces therefore all of Canada - timing is everything

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

so if she didn't have the rich uncle she would've have a loan for?  42k? plus the food she bought

great info 02sled

so half stayed at home, I am assuming that would bring down the loan average, what do you think?

Dumb as a stump as usual Fail. Get past the food crap you keep trying to add in. They will eat regardless whether they are in university or not so quit trying to include that as an education cost. Only you can't figure that out. Almost all students I've ever known of going to university get summer jobs that helps pay for their education. Some even work part time during the school year. Then there is the grant portion of the OSAP which can be $4,450 per year. So deduct $17,800 that you never have to pay back.  

Here's your favourite one Fail... you know those income tax savings you keep going on about. The tuition and books are all tax deductible. So if you're paying 25% income tax that reduces your $10,000 a year cost to $7,500 per year.

You simply can't navigate anything financial can you.

Edited by 02sled

37 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

recount in one district which was won by NDP by 9 votes over the Libs.  Could be a majority by end of the week.

Too bad the economy is going well in most Provinces therefore all of Canada - timing is everything

Yet Trudeau never cared for Christy during the last election.  I will take her over Wynnebag any day of the week.

The low $$$CAD helps doesn't it.

22 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Dumb as a stump as usual Fail. Get past the food crap you keep trying to add in. They will eat regardless whether they are in university or not so quit trying to include that as an education cost. Only you can't figure that out. Almost all students I've ever known of going to university get summer jobs that helps pay for their education. Some even work part time during the school year. Then there is the grant portion of the OSAP which can be $4,450 per year. So deduct $17,800 that you never have to pay back.  

Here's your favourite one Fail... you know those income tax savings you keep going on about. The tuition and books are all tax deductible. So if you're paying 25% income tax that reduces your $10,000 a year cost to $7,500 per year.

Not sure if that will be the case anymore 02.  

41 minutes ago, 02sled said:

you are a piece of work

27 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yet Trudeau never cared for Christy during the last election.  I will take her over Wynnebag any day of the week.

The low $$$CAD helps doesn't it.

You say that but really don't mean it, you would never vote for her.

I find her smart and very attractive

8 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

You say that but really don't mean it, you would never vote for her.

I find her smart and very attractive

You think I have never voted Liberal?  Why would I today?

Wynnebag looks like a donkey's ass evolution gone real bad.

I agree she is an attractive lady and smart.

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

TTC testing first week

2 fails lol

Gotta go to SC the end of the month and go through testing.  Was thinking good thing i dont have a bunch of fails working for me or i could have a problem.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Gotta go to SC the end of the month and go through testing.  Was thinking good thing i dont have a bunch of fails working for me or i could have a problem.

booze was one of the issues :dunno:   buddy blew over .04

this could be 1 out of 1000's of people daily that would blow over early in the morning.  6-8 quick beers is all you'll need

if they tested this guy 2 hours later it wouldn't have been an issue I bet

29 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

booze was one of the issues :dunno:   buddy blew over .04

this could be 1 out of 1000's of people daily that would blow over early in the morning.  6-8 quick beers is all you'll need

if they tested this guy 2 hours later it wouldn't have been an issue I bet

Must have been a hard night of boozing.  The second one tested for a drug.

Got groups coming from OREGON and WASHINGTON where pot is legal joining us as well.  They were givin a two month heads up.  Lol.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Must have been a hard night of boozing.  The second one tested for a drug.

Got groups coming from OREGON and WASHINGTON where pot is legal joining us as well.  They were givin a two month heads up.  Lol.

the whole thing is  fucked up

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

the whole thing is  fucked up

Why?  They'res  a known culture of drug and alcohol abuse happening there and thats why it was implemented.  Just proves they were justified in doing so.  I guess legal pot wont help them, lol.