Check your account email address ×

Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

18 hours ago, Sksman said:

Yes it would Fail.

As would the guy drinking 12 beer and being hung over.

And on most sites now they ensure fit for duty.  If anyone is suspected of being impaired then they are sent packing.

When your around equipment it is all too easy to get hurt.  And smoking a joint impairs your abilities.  I know it.  The government knows it.  And so does everyone on this forum.

Just one POTHEAD stoner on here wont admit to it.

I'm not sure I get your logic on smoking a joint the night before.  How would that person be impaired the next day?  Booze on the other hand I can agree since you would be hungover.

If I caught anyone at work impaired in anyway I would fire them on the spot, but I couldn't care less on what they do on their personal time at home off the clock.  Unless we are talking hard drugs of course.  

1 hour ago, Renegade X said:

I'm not sure I get your logic on smoking a joint the night before.  How would that person be impaired the next day?  Booze on the other hand I can agree since you would be hungover.

If I caught anyone at work impaired in anyway I would fire them on the spot, but I couldn't care less on what they do on their personal time at home off the clock.  Unless we are talking hard drugs of course.  

Sounds logical.

Some would disagree on the bold and say its none of your business.  Well it is when someone gets hurt or killed and you're liable.

42 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sounds logical.

Some would disagree on the bold and say its none of your business.  Well it is when someone gets hurt or killed and you're liable.

it is none of your business, the idea that a boss has the right to tell you how to live in private is fucked up.  He employees you nothing more, if he preforms then there should be an issue what he did at the cottage.

by hard drug do you mean, something that makes you lose control of your balance, speech, make you sick. lasting effects for many hours  Just wondering

or do  you mean something like mushrooms, that does none of the above?  just wondering where your policing stops as a employer

Edited by 1trailmaker

13 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

it is none of your business, the idea that a boss has the right to tell you how to live in private is fucked up.  He employees you nothing more, if he preforms then there should be an issue what he did at the cottage.

by hard drug do you mean, something that makes you lose control of your balance, speech, make you sick. lasting effects for many hours  Just wondering

or do  you mean something like mushrooms, that does none of the above?  just wondering where your policing stops as a employer

Personally I could give a shit.  But I'm sure the employer of the guy who injures another driving a forklift while impaired might have a concern.   If not the injured employee's PIL will give him/her plenty of reasons to be.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Personally I could give a shit.  But I'm sure the employer of the guy who injures another driving a forklift while impaired might have a concern.   If not the injured employee's PIL will give him/her plenty of reasons to be.

back to impaired at work I see :rolleyes: 

In the USA they will drug test (test for pot) and he will be in big do do for smoking a joint 2 months ago = fucked up.

There is no test to see how high you are on pot, pot stays in the body for months and month so testing is irrelevant.

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

In the USA they will drug test (test for pot) and he will be in big do do for smoking a joint 2 months ago = fucked up.

There is no test to see how high you are on pot, pot stays in the body for months and month so testing is irrelevant.

Lots of people looking for jobs and lots of people that do not use drugs. As an employer they have the right to choose the person they want to work for them and if that means they choose the person who doesn't use drugs over the person who does that is their choice. Just the same as it is the potential employees choice to partake in the drugs of their choice and as a result be excluded from many jobs they may otherwise have been able to get. A lot like being excluded from a job because of a criminal record.

I had to undergo a background check before I was hired in Canada and when the federal government became one of my customers, because I had access to the servers their data was stored on I had to undergo yet another background check by the RCMP for my Top Secret Security Clearance.

You have the right to refuse the scrutiny and they have the right to deny you the job.

12 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I don't care what they do at home during their time off.  Seems like tests for alcohol impaired are pretty accurate.  Perhaps they should not be legalizing pot until there is an accurate test as well.

20 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't care what they do at home during their time off.  Seems like tests for alcohol impaired are pretty accurate.  Perhaps they should not be legalizing pot until there is an accurate test as well.

if an employee is into hard drugs like meth coke or heroin, odds are they will fuck up at work. Then again odds are they are not working at all to begin with.

32 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Lots of people looking for jobs and lots of people that do not use drugs. As an employer they have the right to choose the person they want to work for them and if that means they choose the person who doesn't use drugs over the person who does that is their choice. Just the same as it is the potential employees choice to partake in the drugs of their choice and as a result be excluded from many jobs they may otherwise have been able to get. A lot like being excluded from a job because of a criminal record.

I had to undergo a background check before I was hired in Canada and when the federal government became one of my customers, because I had access to the servers their data was stored on I had to undergo yet another background check by the RCMP for my Top Secret Security Clearance.

You have the right to refuse the scrutiny and they have the right to deny you the job.

so you believe you should be tested at your interview?  lol fighter of Personal freedoms and Rights isn't your strong point is it. 

Does a owner have the right to fire say someone that gets divorced?  They can't run their life correctly I would think they can't run my business either.

Criminal background checks only catch the already caught, they in no way clear you from future wrong doings.  

The fact that an 18 year old gets caught with a joint, gets a fine and record, no job for life is a retarded thing for you to say........

39 minutes ago, 02sled said:

one more question, can this boss fire you for having a glass of wine at dinner?  He doesn't like drinkers as he was beaten by his drunk father daily :dunno:

18 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so you believe you should be tested at your interview?  lol fighter of Personal freedoms and Rights isn't your strong point is it. 

Does a owner have the right to fire say someone that gets divorced?  They can't run their life correctly I would think they can't run my business either.

Criminal background checks only catch the already caught, they in no way clear you from future wrong doings.  

The fact that an 18 year old gets caught with a joint, gets a fine and record, no job for life is a retarded thing for you to say........

More from the imagination of Fail... show me where I said tested at your interview. The way it does work is pre-employment screening is done as part of the hiring process. Guess what... lots of people in Canada during the pre-employment hiring process are declined in Canada because of criminal background checks. Is that an infringement of rights and freedoms in Fail land? If I choose not to hire a criminal that is my choice and most companies in Canada do background checks.

Your lunacy continues as usual. You have a criminal record, it's as a result of a choice you made. Your personal integrity is now questionable period.

Do you not have any work to do.... after all you are an overworked under paid government employee are you not?

Edited by 02sled

23 minutes ago, 02sled said:

More from the imagination of Fail... show me where I said tested at your interview. The way it does work is pre-employment screening is done as part of the hiring process. Guess what... lots of people in Canada during the pre-employment hiring process are declined in Canada because of criminal background checks. Is that an infringement of rights and freedoms in Fail land? If I choose not to hire a criminal that is my choice and most companies in Canada do background checks.

Your lunacy continues as usual. You have a criminal record, it's as a result of a choice you made. Your personal integrity is now questionable period.

Do you not have any work to do.... after all you are an overworked under paid government employee are you not?

idiot

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

My opinion of a hard drug is anything that does not grow in the ground. Mushrooms like you mentioned, would be a an exception since you still have effects the next day.  So that would be a problem if they did that on a week day. 

4 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

My opinion of a hard drug is anything that does not grow in the ground. Mushrooms like you mentioned, would be a an exception since you still have effects the next day.  So that would be a problem if they did that on a week day. 

I doubt you would see any affects the next day, they are known as one of the least harmful drug you can take....... Most drugs unlike like alcohol don't have lasting affects, nor do they build up in your system....... That is the reason someone doing lines will do a bunch during the night, because the affects don't last very long

on that note if you did some mushrooms and drank all night you will wake up feeling okay - strange eh

12 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I doubt you would see any affects the next day, they are known as one of the least harmful drug you can take....... Most drugs unlike like alcohol don't have lasting affects, nor do they build up in your system....... That is the reason someone doing lines will do a bunch during the night, because the affects don't last very long

on that note if you did some mushrooms and drank all night you will wake up feeling okay - strange eh

Have you done mushrooms?  I aint gonna lie, I felt like shit the next day.

On 2017-05-12 at 4:04 PM, Renegade X said:

Have you done mushrooms?  I aint gonna lie, I felt like shit the next day.

Mushrooms are on the list of one of the least harmful drug to take, another gift from the god above

Mushrooms for Cancer patients

"We found that a single dose of psilocybin immediately reduced symptoms of depression and anxiety in patients that had advanced cancer and life-threatening forms of cancer," Dr. Stephen Ross, director of addiction psychiatry at New York University's Langone Medical Center, told NBC News.

"Forty to 50 percent of patients with cancer will have some diagnosable anxiety or depressive disorder," he said.

Cowan had tried LSD in her 20s and so didn't feel many doubts about joining a clinical trial of psilocybin.

The researchers delivered the drug - a synthetic version of the active ingredient of the mushrooms - in a carefully controlled setting, with therapists on hand, soothing music and plenty of objects for the volunteers to look at and touch.

"It starts off more like the things that I was seeing were heightened," Cowan said. "Even like that lamp --all of a sudden you know the texture of the shade."

I felt this connection with everything.”

She noticed the upholstery on the couch and the leaves on the trees outside the window. "And they had some lovely art objects -- statues and pottery things and books. They had flowers -- very nice."

Cowan said the experience - it lasted a few hours - made her feel like she was part of something bigger.

"I felt this connection with everything," she said. "There's something that I go into and become a part of and that's pretty cool. My experience tells me that it's not a big nothing after I'm gone."

Another patient, Rob Sweeney, described a similar feeling. "I was floating on this immense expansive infinite sea of strength and beauty," he said. "There was no difference between that infinite sea and me."

The calm feeling stayed with her, Cowan said.

"Every night when I get in bed, and the lights (go) out, I find that I have a smile on my face even if I've had a really stressful day," she said.

"I am lying there with a smile on my face," she added.

The team at NYU tested 29 patients. Another team, at Johns Hopkins University, tested 51. Both had similar results, reported in the Journal of Psychopharmacology.

On May 11, 2017 at 0:43 PM, Sksman said:

Says known pothead. 

There is a reason that people have to piss test and there is zero tolerance for drugs. 

I and many I know who work around heavy equipment all support zero tolerance. 

I am am glad that the helicopter pilots in remote sites that were hovering over my head were tested regularly. 

I support zero WRONG AGAIN FAIL in everything :)