Check your account email address ×

Ontario has gone to hell under NinnyBag

Momorider

18 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

We all know You and 02sled are an employers dream, I guess I was referring to the rest of us in the world and not you two

next time i will use another person as an example and not someone of your great stature

Either way if someone losses a job and can only find partime work isn't an indicator of a weak economy - its that simple

Of course it is numbnuts. 

24 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

wrong

If people are being laid off in masses and can't find a job then this is an indicator of the economy.

Someone (very few)  loosing their job and can't find an equal one is NOT an indicator

don't be dumb RR - comparing a full out recession period to today is fucked up

Never mind the reason this mystery person 02sled made up reason for losing his job

Sorry RR if you think the economy is bad today, you have some real bad news coming your way soon

21 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

wrong

If people are being laid off in masses and can't find a job then this is an indicator of the economy.

Someone (very few)  loosing their job and can't find an equal one is NOT an indicator

don't be dumb RR - comparing a full out recession period to today is fucked up

Never mind the reason this mystery person 02sled made up reason for losing his job

Sorry RR if you think the economy is bad today, you have some real bad news coming your way soon

Jesus. Focus. 

Someone that loses their full time job and can’t find full time employment and has to accept part time employment is the very definition of “under employed”. It is also a sign of a weak economy. 

I never commented on the economy. But everything you are stating about employment is wrong. 

16 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Jesus. Focus. 

Someone that loses their full time job and can’t find full time employment and has to accept part time employment is the very definition of “under employed”. It is also a sign of a weak economy. 

I never commented on the economy. But everything you are stating about employment is wrong. 

:lmao:   Its the sign of greedy employers like Wal-mart that only offer part time work........  You lose  your 20 and hour job at Costco, can't find another one stocking selves for that wage, in your eyes that means poor economy :lmao:  

Dude keep thinking our economy is bad :lol:   ignore the record numbers

Go back to TBP

15 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lmao:   Its the sign of greedy employers like Wal-mart that only offer part time work........  You lose  your 20 and hour job at Costco, can't find another one stocking selves for that wage, in your eyes that means poor economy :lmao:  

Dude keep thinking our economy is bad :lol:   ignore the record numbers

Go back to TBP

Hey Einstein - point to where I said the economy was bad. :snack: 

35 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Honest - my 9 year old has better reading comprehension than you do. 

When you lose a discussion don't bring your child into it and pretend you just won.

2 hours ago, The Rocket said:

3 hours ago, The Rocket said:

1 hour ago, The Rocket said:

Hey Einstein - point to where I said the economy was bad.

:lol:  ya okay RR

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Min wage in Ontario is now a $32,000 a year job. 

Crazy aint it?

This year has been the worst I've ever seen for hiring people. There are very few people looking for work. Of those that are, half are not employable for one reason or another. And the ones who are capable of holding down a job think they are worth $20/hr to start with no experience or assets.

Its going to get sooooo much better when minimum wage takes a jump......lol

My neighbour up the road said he gave up on trying to hire Canadians. He bought a house a couple of months ago, has set it up to house 6-8 people and plans to hire Mexicans at minimum wage to work for him then take the rent out of their cheques. Already hired two spanish speaking employees to help with communication.

We are trying to hire licensed heavy equipment mechanics.  

The applicants resumes are not impressive and similarly as they have a paper that maybe a license from middle east or phillipines they want top dollar to start.  Most think they deserve more then our senior techs with 30years experience.

When do people start at bottom and work way up anymore?

20 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

wrong

A strong economy isn't measured by you being able to get a replacement job - sorry this is just fact

RR is at a certain level of employment, if he lost his job the chances of him finding another one at this level would be very small.  Not saying it wouldn't happen but it wouldn't be over the next week or even the next year.  This has nothing to do with the economy

That is very true.  Guys who are tops in their field will not take on any job that a few hundred other guys are easily doing, also employers who are looking for top talent are not looking for just another guy.  Many times that talent needs to be brought in cause it can't be found locally.  

19 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

We all know You and 02sled are an employers dream, I guess I was referring to the rest of us in the world and not you two

next time i will use another person as an example and not someone of your great stature

Either way if someone losses a job and can only find partime work isn't an indicator of a weak economy - its that simple

IT is an exception cause you really can't do shit without it.  In fact you can't even spell shit without IT.:lol:Love that one.

14 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Vaughan Subway to open soon, should help a lot of people out in that area and give younger teens a chance to good somewhere besides AC's house .  Good for the up north crowd going to the city for concerts ect.

It will be good.

My place will still be the hot spot though.

Cool, more places for bums to sleep.....

22 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Vaughan Subway to open soon, should help a lot of people out in that area and give younger teens a chance to good somewhere besides AC's house .  Good for the up north crowd going to the city for concerts ect.

14 hours ago, Sksman said:

The applicants resumes are not impressive and similarly as they have a paper that maybe a license from middle east or phillipines they want top dollar to start.  Most think they deserve more then our senior techs with 30years experience.

You know it really doesn't matter what their education is.  I just hired another electrical engineer less than two months ago and it basically came down to only one potential candidate after going through more than 10 that made the pre-screening.  Last time (2 years ago) we had three.  We had three candidates and picked who we though was best.  This time around we decided to also re-interview the two others who were not chosen esp as one seemed to be OK and it turned out he was ready to leave his current employer to join us but was looking for way too much for basically one year of mostly wasted experience.  I told him I could pay you that but not if I have to hold your hand for the next few years, it takes several years to groom them to run large projects.  He was white caucasian.  Lol.

17 hours ago, Sksman said:

Need a couple of suspension technicians?

10959497_10152719055001220_7445477800045

Some people have very unrealistic expectations. I would interview people, some recent immigrants with a government paid for year or two at Humber College studying computers. When asked what their salary expectations were I would too often hear $90K to $100K to start. I also heard similar from students who had been born here so it wasn't just an immigrant perception. I think I did well at restraining my laughter.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 02sled said:

Some people have very unrealistic expectations. I would interview people, some recent immigrants with a government paid for year or two at Humber College studying computers. When asked what their salary expectations were I would too often hear $90K to $100K to start. I also heard similar from students who had been born here so it wasn't just an immigrant perception. I think I did well at restraining my laughter.

Nobody wants to start @ the bottom.

After my high school closed 1 of the 2 machines shops we had (in the 70s) during the early 90s, I asked 1 of my shop teachers about this. He said nobody wanted to get their hands dirty. "Just sit behind a desk and make the big deals".

13 hours ago, revrnd said:

Nobody wants to start @ the bottom.

After my high school closed 1 of the 2 machines shops we had (in the 70s) during the early 90s, I asked 1 of my shop teachers about this. He said nobody wanted to get their hands dirty. "Just sit behind a desk and make the big deals".

My nephew and brother are just the opposite. My brother was a small engine mechanic until he retired. I guess he passed on that get dirty approach to my nephew. He went to Georgian College and studied things I know nothing about. His favourite was setting up and running a CNC machine. He now works at Husky and loves what he is doing.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

My nephew and brother are just the opposite. My brother was a small engine mechanic until he retired. I guess he passed on that get dirty approach to my nephew. He went to Georgian College and studied things I know nothing about. His favourite was setting up and running a CNC machine. He now works at Husky and loves what he is doing.

I think being exposed to mechanical things when a person is younger is a major factor. 

http://www.macleans.ca/society/life/why-your-teenager-cant-use-a-hammer/

My nephew has always fiddled w/ stuff & enjoyed Lego. In high school he had Construction Techniques which from the way he described it, is a diverse introduction to various trades in construction. At my old high school, the shop that had been used for drama class has now been refitted for the same course. Students build, wire & plumb a little structure the size of a large garden shed.

Edited by revrnd

My 20 year old stepson has no motivation to do anything physical. Life to him is all about his data plan on cellphone and xbox.  They think everyone can be a video game designer and computer programmer.

I tried to get him interested in snowmobiles, atvs, chainsaws.  Anything to get him outside.  Nothing doing.

when i was a kid if i could touch anything power that was awesome.  I was there.  And school work sometimes suffered.

Now there school work suffers and they are still not doing anything for exercise or being outdoors.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sksman said:

My 20 year old stepson has no motivation to do anything physical. Life to him is all about his data plan on cellphone and xbox.  They think everyone can be a video game designer and computer programmer.

I tried to get him interested in snowmobiles, atvs, chainsaws.  Anything to get him outside.  Nothing doing.

when i was a kid if i could touch anything power that was awesome.  I was there.  And school work sometimes suffered.

Now there school work suffers and they are still not doing anything for exercise or being outdoors.

Sounds like my neighbours kid. He is sure he is going to make online games for a living. You never see him outdoors and he is now 20 years old. Last summer his father was out of town for two weeks. His mother had to show him how to start the lawnmower so he could help out while his father was away. The bag got full on the lawnmower and he had to get his mother to come out and show him how to take it off and empty it.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Sounds like my neighbours kid. He is sure he is going to make online games for a living. You never see him outdoors and he is now 20 years old. Last summer his father was out of town for two weeks. His mother had to show him how to start the lawnmower so he could help out while his father was away. The bag got full on the lawnmower and he had to get his mother to come out and show him how to take it off and empty it.

She's probably thinking, "Where did we go wrong?"