Check your account email address ×

The German cars Trump doesn't want

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

the chicken tax is proof how well tariffs work and don’t harm anything....  it saved the European chicken business and inadvertently saved us auto manufacture and protected the US, Union, and middle class from competing with cheap foreign labor.

Tariffs have allowed us auto makers to sell  trucks for 30 and 40% margins. 

2 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

:lol: Its retards helping each other! Heart warming 

I should apologize Dan for making fun of you all these years. If only I had of known you had a mental disability.   :bc: 

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Tariffs have allowed us auto makers to sell  trucks for 30 and 40% margins. 

Nothing stopping any manufacture in the past from setting up a factory in the US or nafta country to produce pickups and get them some of that 30-40% profit.  Japanese manufactures did.  They sell their Toyota hi lux built in Texas with Steering wheel on the right and modified to meet US safety standards...  it’s call the Toyota Tacoma and it’s the best selling midsize pickup.  You should also be able to pickup the global ford ranger next year but it will be built in the North America versus Asia

tariffs have worked pretty well.

Edited by BOHICA

4 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Nothing stopping any manufacture in the past from setting up a factory in the US or nafta country to produce pickups and get them some of that 30-40% profit.  Japanese manufactures did.  They sell their Toyota hi lux built in Texas with Steering wheel on the right and modified to meet US safety standards...  it’s call the Toyota Tacoma and it’s the best selling midsize pickup.  You should also be able to pickup the global ford ranger next year but it will be built in the North America versus Asia

tariffs have worked pretty well.

Tariffs are the tax republicans love. 

• Gold Member
9 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Tariffs are the tax republicans love. 

I’ve always been good with tariffs to protect American business and workers.  But then again I’m union as well and believe in right to work.  Heck I live in a right to work state but am union.  The benefits of living in a right to work state out weigh any negatives.

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I’ve always been good with tariffs to protect American business and workers.  But then again I’m union as well and believe in right to work.  Heck I live in a right to work state but am union.  The benefits of living in a right to work state out weigh any negatives.

I’ve never worked a union job and never will. If the boss was an asshole or the pay wasn’t acceptable I moved on. The idea of paying union dues never agreed with me. 

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’ve never worked a union job and never will. If the boss was an asshole or the pay wasn’t acceptable I moved on. The idea of paying union dues never agreed with me. 

All depends on the profession.

16 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

My union experience was not good. The best part was it was brief. I understand why unions are there though, and if it works for people I’m cool with it.

• Gold Member

Union in the electrical industry is just plane awesome...  it’s how contractors like Whitefish electric can show up in Puerto Rico with in a couple days after a hurricane that wipes out 100 percent of the power and turn 60+ percent of the power back on in a month give or take. 

Union in line side just plane works as the greatest temp employee agency in the US

On 6/12/2018 at 10:10 PM, racinfarmer said:

What good does the motor do if the rest of the vehicle is shot?

Cuba

cuba-cars-1.jpg

On 6/12/2018 at 10:12 PM, DriftBusta said:

Save it Vincenzo.  All 4 of my Mercedes and even my Toyota were manufactured domestically.  We've been getting boned on trade for 40 years and its been the major driver in the decline of middle class wages.  If it needs to be recalibrated, lets get it done.  Our trading partners already know they are facing a far tougher negotiator than Obama.  That cant be denied.

No disagreement, it started with letting the Japs dump steel and cars back in the 70's and that genie is now out of the bottle , US manufacturing is not going back to low tech manufacturing (unless it's robotic), it will be interesting to see how this protectionism will work..... I can tell you that we are already seeing the inflationary effects in the construction industry via the large rise in cost on lumber and steel products.

Tariffs = Taxes on all.

On 6/12/2018 at 9:32 PM, Nazipigdog said:

Ram, Buick and Polaris assault right here. Always merica first... But I like German cars. :lol:

Bentley, Jeep, Infiniti, Polaris , Cat......Imma nation whore.

On 6/12/2018 at 10:00 AM, Mileage Psycho said:

@DriftBusta hey Mark I know you buy used but the optics for a HUUGE Trump supporter like yourself is not good....... I'm thinking you need to step into a Slade so don't look queer in the Benz when you leave the librul confines of Fairfield County and head into Trump country to play :bc:

BERLIN—Germany’s leading auto makers have thrown their support behind the abolition of all import tariffs for cars between the European Union and the U.S. in an effort to find a peaceful solution to the brewing trade war.

The U.S. Ambassador to Germany, Richard Grenell, brought the proposal for a broader industry trade pact to the Trump Administration on Wednesday, according to people familiar wirth the situation.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/germanys-largest-auto-makers-back-abolition-of-eu-u-s-car-import-tariffs-1529492027?mod=hp_lead_pos3

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

BERLIN—Germany’s leading auto makers have thrown their support behind the abolition of all import tariffs for cars between the European Union and the U.S. in an effort to find a peaceful solution to the brewing trade war.

The U.S. Ambassador to Germany, Richard Grenell, brought the proposal for a broader industry trade pact to the Trump Administration on Wednesday, according to people familiar wirth the situation.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/germanys-largest-auto-makers-back-abolition-of-eu-u-s-car-import-tariffs-1529492027?mod=hp_lead_pos3

Funny how this works .  All it takes is for someone with some balls 

• Gold Member

Once trump gets rid of foreign tariffs on US products I think he should force the world to adopt left hand drive vehicles vs the ass backwards shit that many foreign countries require.  That way US manufactures wouldnt have to engineer RHD cars to export them out of the us.

Edited by BOHICA