Check your account email address ×

Trump made history

I talked to Kim Jong Un and the administration over there five years ago, and he asked me when we sat down for lunch, 'Hey Dennis, I would like to ask you three things to go back and tell the president of the United States these three things and I would be willing to talk to him.'

This is a true story and I've got me people here who heard the conversation. He said things like if they can move the (inaudible?) back from South Korea I will do what I have to do to listen. If you can move some things and do some things my ears will be open.

And I tried to do that to Obama, and Obama didn't even give me the time of day. I asked him, I said I had something to say from North Korea. He brushed me off. But that didn't deter me. I still kept going back, I showed my loyalty to this country, and I said to everybody the door will open.   --Dennis Rodman

Edited by racer254

15 minutes ago, Cold War said:

He back peddled on it after 30 minutes. :lol: 

No, the original response stands.  It isn’t a blanket statement that Trump made a good deal, and like I said, now the hard part comes.

:bc:

Gotta love Trump’s past tweets.

:lmao:

Edited by ICEMAN!

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

is trump going to demand we be allowed to inspect north korea's military bases and other places where they could be hiding nuclear activity? or will not doing that be OK now?

Just STFU up and say "thanks"

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

I can only imagine the amount of gop heads that would be exploding over this if obama had done the same thing. From displaying the NK and US flags together, calling rocket man “talented” “honorable”. It’s like they all have amnesia about what this guy has said and done.

results? Too early to tell, but thus far it seems NK got exactly what it wanted, publicity on the world stage with a super power. If anyone thinks NK is now going to abandon what got them there, I have a bridge to sell them. And don’t forget, that is trump’s mission. Anything else should be deemed a failure.

i suspect that after all this is said and done, NK keeps their nukes and we leave the area. A huge win for China and Russia, imagine that...

The key word is "if". Obama did not do it. That's a fact not the fantasy that you wish he had accomplished it. Now let's where this goes. It should be treated like the old Reagan quote "Trust but verify".

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I talked to Kim Jong Un and the administration over there five years ago, and he asked me when we sat down for lunch, 'Hey Dennis, I would like to ask you three things to go back and tell the president of the United States these three things and I would be willing to talk to him.'

This is a true story and I've got me people here who heard the conversation. He said things like if they can move the (inaudible?) back from South Korea I will do what I have to do to listen. If you can move some things and do some things my ears will be open.

And I tried to do that to Obama, and Obama didn't even give me the time of day. I asked him, I said I had something to say from North Korea. He brushed me off. But that didn't deter me. I still kept going back, I showed my loyalty to this country, and I said to everybody the door will open.   --Dennis Rodman

:lol: So this could have been done under the Obama administration...Oops!

2 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

No, the original response stands.  It isn’t a blanket statement that Trump made a good deal, and like I said, now the hard part comes.

Gotta love Trump’s past tweets.

:lmao:

Still doesn’t matter. Anytime spent talking peace with an enemy is time that soldiers aren’t dying.  This is good news. 

Please tell me Trump is already home. Because recent history has shown that he tends to change his mind when he’s safely on airforce one.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

You said it.  In this case, trump did what others couldn't or wouldn't. 

To be fair, it’s hard to take Dennis Rodman serious at times. But in this effort  I believe he is sincere.

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

If true Obama really did miss the opportunity to make his mark in history.

Just now, revkevsdi said:

Still doesn’t matter. Anytime spent talking peace with an enemy is time that soldiers aren’t dying.  This is good news. 

Please tell me Trump is already home. Because recent history has shown that he tends to change his mind when he’s safely on airforce one.

Well yes and no.  It’s good if you’re talking and working towards a mutually beneficial agreement.  If you’re giving away the piggy bank without getting anything in return then it isn’t good.

We’ll see.

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

To be fair, it’s hard to take Dennis Rodman serious at times. But in this effort  I believe he is sincere.

Oh, make no mistake, he is hard to take serious, but he was the only one going over with the ability to talk to Kim before this.

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

"We're America, bitch"

-DJT

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

Well yes and no.  It’s good if you’re talking and working towards a mutually beneficial agreement.  If you’re giving away the piggy bank without getting anything in return then it isn’t good.

We’ll see.

But Even that doesn’t matter.  Trump could have agreed to all of those things. If two months later he changes his mind, he’ll just change the agreement and accuse Kim of lying. 

The US doesn’t give a shit about Kim or his starving people as long as he’s not trying to send missiles your way.  Giving Kim a lollipop and letting him spend money on food instead of more on missiles is a good thing. 

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

But Even that doesn’t matter.  Trump could have agreed to all of those things. If two months later he changes his mind, he’ll just change the agreement and accuse Kim of lying. 

The US doesn’t give a shit about Kim or his starving people as long as he’s not trying to send missiles your way.  Giving Kim a lollipop and letting him spend money on food instead of more on missiles is a good thing. 

Oh so this deal is disingenuous on both sides and we shouldn’t really expect anything?

11 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Oh so this deal is disingenuous on both sides and we shouldn’t really expect anything?

It appears some just can’t get past the butt hurt. Let’s let it play out and see where it goes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Trump killed the Iran deal....and most thought it was because it was not tough enough. Little did we know it was not weak enough.

LQVqMIM.gif

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

It appears some just can’t get past the butt hurt. Let’s let it play out and see where it goes.

North Koreans were excited when they heard the news.  They wanted to stand up and clap but they were either too weak from starvation or their cages weren’t tall enough

24 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Trump killed the Iran deal....and most thought it was because it was not tough enough. Little did we know it was not weak enough.

As he should have. It was a great deal for Iran. Your hatred for anything about Trump is not healthy. :mc:Perhaps a hobby will help

1 minute ago, T1R9sledder said:

As he should have. It was a great deal for Iran. Your hatred for anything about Trump is not healthy. :mc:Perhaps a hobby will help

tenor.gif?itemid=4679689

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

If true Obama really did miss the opportunity to make his mark in history.

oh he made a mark . just not the one he thinks he did sort of the same mark as Carter 

Reality is this effort by NK is different than in the past.   Do I trust them....No but it is different and something potentially amazing is happening.

My bet is NK still is the marionette and China is STILL controlling the strings.   China see's multiple threats here.   A US govt willing to take military action against NK.  This puts China is a terrible position.   How far will they go protecting their puppet because their economy could be destroyed in a matter of seconds if they attack the US.   The next thing China fears is the US unleashing Japan to protect themselves more on their own.   Japan and China HATE each other.  The last thing China wants besides war with the US is Japan gaining military power.  

The amazing thing China risks here is a unification of the Korean Peninsula which like Germany would become a "democracy" and open up a whole new labor market to the west.  I can't see the hard line commies in China liking that.   It eventually could put pressure on a change in their own form of govt.

Whether it be Trump's team or China finally cutting of the deadbeat relative that's always asking for money or some of both this is starting to feel something unlike we've seen since the collapse of the Soviet Union and fall of the wall in Berlin.