Check your account email address ×

HOW TO DESTROY A MAJOR CITY: One Week After Passing Massive Head Tax, Seattle Democrats Consider Huge Property Tax Increase

11 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

The problem is that studies have shown that advantage 100 % disappears by 4th grade. And from 4th grade on those who went to pre school don't perform any better then those that did not.

My mistake , 3rd grade

http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/early_years/2012/12/head_start_advantages_mostly_gone_by_third_grade_study_finds.html

Exactly the same thing I have heard.  Think about this.  Previous generations never had kindergarten and look at the issues today vs then. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Bell curve.

My son told his 2nd grade teacher he didn’t want to go to school anymore. She told me he said his dad taught him all he needs to know. :lol: 

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

The problem is that studies have shown that advantage 100 % disappears by 4th grade. And from 4th grade on those who went to pre school don't perform any better then those that did not.

My mistake , 3rd grade

http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/early_years/2012/12/head_start_advantages_mostly_gone_by_third_grade_study_finds.html

Ehh...could be.  But there is also a ton of research out there that show it being very beneficial.  I think what we are looking at here is #1) Will this help more of the disadvantaged children adapt and get a better jump into the education segment?  It think, yes.  #2.) How is this going to be paid for?  I think if it is paid for like what I posted earlier, then, WIN!  If it is paid for by other means, then...lose.  

Meh, I've got a soft spot for kids though.  

14 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

How do you know what the answer is and what is wrong with giving kids a better shot by sending them to preschool?  

well seeing as you are,all for it I suggest you put your money where your mouth is .figure out what 17% of your property tax is and send it to Washington.  you have no prob with that right? or is it just ok with other people's money ?

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

well seeing as you are,all for it I suggest you put your money where your mouth is .figure out what 17% of your property tax is and send it to Washington.  you have no prob with that right? or is it just ok with other people's money ?

Yeah that makes sense considering this is a local issue in Seattle you fucking drug addled mush brained fuck. BTW there is always an operating millage request on the ballot here for the county owned and run senior retirement home and I always vote yes as I would for any preschool millage.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah that makes sense considering this is a local issue in Seattle you fucking drug addled mush brained fuck. BTW there is always an operating millage request on the ballot here for the county owned and run senior retirement home and I always vote yes as I would for any preschool millage.

why would you vote yes for that ? you already pay .if a person runs out of cash or has no cash or assets social security picks up the whole tab for assisted living and or nursing home . that is almost all nursing homes and adsisted living very very few do not accept angel care . it covers all costs

but yeah I am t he dumb fuck next time you vote to give your money away you may want to actually look in to where it is going .I know it is for fun to use your heart strings when spending your and your neighbors money though 

59 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

why would you vote yes for that ? you already pay .if a person runs out of cash or has no cash or assets social security picks up the whole tab for assisted living and or nursing home . that is almost all nursing homes and adsisted living very very few do not accept angel care . it covers all costs

but yeah I am t he dumb fuck next time you vote to give your money away you may want to actually look in to where it is going .I know it is for fun to use your heart strings when spending your and your neighbors money though 

STFU stupid.

This is why...because it is county run and exceeds standards of care you miserable cheap fuck. BTW my neighbors can vote any way they choose  so I’m only deciding for myself.

http://grandvue.org/

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

STFU stupid.

This is why...because it is county run and exceeds standards of care you miserable cheap fuck. BTW my neighbors can vote any way they choose  so I’m only deciding for myself.

http://grandvue.org/

well then you know Jack shit about nursing homes and assisted living obiously. 

but yeah keep talking like you lno w your ass from a hole in the ground keep calling me a dumb fuck if you think it helps your illinfourmed opinion . btw we are kicking out 9800 a mo for my mother-in-law right now . if she outlived her cash angel care picked up the tab . this is far frtom a shit hole on the water on lake Minnetonka top of the line . but yeah go with your stupid cheep thing . why get funding from 1 place when the county can dubbel dip and make 2x the cash off your illinfourmed ass .

29 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Dubbel?   :lol2: 

I’m done with that fucking bonehead. Grandvue is a great county facility that constantly makes improvements and provides some of the best care in the country because of the millage. I vote yes gladly despite what mush mouth druggy Ezglider has to say. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Liberals aren’t aware how excess taxation ruins places. It’s not an over night thing. It takes years to decades 

stacking the deck against business and the working class only works for so long. People who are there may stay there. Same with businesses. But that eventually shuts down and ends up like Detroit. A simple change of government won’t change it as the remnants of the old government and the threat of switching back always remain.