Check your account email address ×

Weekend thread!!!!!!!!!!!!11

On 6/1/2018 at 5:33 PM, Ez ryder said:

nor will you when the new insurance rates with a,teen driver with a at fault on the record 

true.  my sons got a 300 surcharge from when he slid off the road and took out an 1800 fence with no damage to the jeep

Edited by Angry ginger

• Platinum Contributing Member
56 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

true.  my sons got a 300 surcharge from when he slid off the road and took out an 1800 fence with no damage to the jeep

She is currently at just over 200/month....hope it doesn't double.

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

Maiden voyage? I thought you bought one like a year ago? 

And they called him moneybags:lol:

Ya that was a toyhauler...this one is just a camper. ;)

• Like 1

I had a couple buddies come over in the morning to help assemble the solarium. The instructions said 3 people 9 hrs. We were 1 1/2 hours on the 1st door and thought it'll be 9 days lol. We managed it In 5 hours Phew!

20180603_083237.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I had a couple buddies come over in the morning to help assemble the solarium. The instructions said 3 people 9 hrs. We were 1 1/2 hours on the 1st door and thought it'll be 9 days lol. We managed it In 5 hours Phew!

20180603_083237.jpg

Looks good George!:thumbsup:

On 6/1/2018 at 5:25 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

My weekend is off to a great start! :lol:

IMG_4024.thumb.JPG.44244990732b2b5504fe1a2c48725556.JPG

It can only get better 🍻

good she wasn’t hurt. Bag go off? Ticket? 

40 minutes ago, smokin george said:

20180603_083237.jpg

screen rooms are great . my practicly wife lives on our porch all summer 

38 minutes ago, Cold War said:

It can only get better 🍻

good she wasn’t hurt. Bag go off? Ticket? 

Graduation is today so it's better already.:thumbsup:

Nobody hurt, no ticket and no airbags...The airbag light has been on for awhile and when I called the dealer they said they didn't have parts...pretty massive recall if I'm not mistaken. The cop was really cool about the whole thing...older guy and all he really said was that he hoped this was a good lesson for my daughter and the girl she hit was a classmate and she and her father were very understanding about it as well.

A couple of my nieces, kids and BIL were at the Tigers game yesterday too...looks like you all had a blast!

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Graduation is today so it's better already.:thumbsup:

Nobody hurt, no ticket and no airbags...The airbag light has been on for awhile and when I called the dealer they said they didn't have parts...pretty massive recall if I'm not mistaken. The cop was really cool aboutnthe whole thing...older guy and all he really said was that he hoped this was a good lesson for my daughter.

Good deal.  Congrats, huge milestone.

bags won’t deploy if light is  on 

Full coverage?  Probably fixable. 

Cool of him not to write her ticket.  

Edited by Cold War

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Good deal.  Congrats, huge milestone.

bags won’t deploy if light is  on 

Full coverage?  Probably fixable. 

Cool of him not to write her ticket.  

Thanks..we are all excited/sad.

Full coverage but State Farm is hauling it to a Copart facility in Kincheloe which is about 2 hours away so thinking they may total it but who really knows.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Thanks..we are all excited/sad.

Full coverage but State Farm is hauling it to a Copart facility in Kincheloe which is about 2 hours away so thinking they may total it but who really knows.

If its headed to copart , its toast.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

If its headed to copart , its toast.

Kind of what I was thinking after reading here and next door....if not they  have to haul it back here to be repaired. Never totaled a vehicle so what I can expect from State Farm....lowball bullshit? 

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Kind of what I was thinking after reading here and next door....if not they  have to haul it back here to be repaired. Never totaled a vehicle so what I can expect from State Farm....lowball bullshit? 

Actually, it's been my experience that insurers do a pretty fair settlement when they total out a vehicle.  Surprisingly so.  Not that I have a lot of experience with it but, my adjuster told me they do better making a fair book offer then, selling the "totalled" vehicle at auction or to Mexico for repairs.  I guess they don't like to deal with the unforseen surprises and additional expenses in the repair shops once it starts getting pulled apart.  :dunno:

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not always.  Know what you are talking about as far as value, new tires , brakes, suspension work recently done. 

Remmber they are not doing you a favor, you paid for coverage.  Personally, I wouldn’t  of let them take  vehicle. They can send  truck , they can send adjuster.

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Actually, it's been my experience that insurers do a pretty fair settlement when they total out a vehicle.  Surprisingly so.  Not that I have a lot of experience with it but, my adjuster told me they do better making a fair book offer then, selling the "totalled" vehicle at auction or to Mexico for repairs.  I guess they don't like to deal with the unforseen surprises and additional expenses in the repair shops once it starts getting pulled apart.  :dunno:

You shouldn’t see additional expenses. Why you go to reputable independent shop. Not where your insurance company wants you to go.