Check your account email address ×

Tough Night

9 hours ago, SnowRider said:

I know there a several pet lovers on here.  Just got word our 12 year old Golden has to be put to sleep tomorrow.  She has aggressive cancer - she had knee surgery a few years ago and her back end is really weak.  In the last week the symptoms have surfaced.  It’s sad.  But it’s time.  The vet wanted to do it tonight but we wanted the kids to have time to spend with her.  She’s the only pet they’ve ever known. 

62543B1A-FEC0-4754-B858-BE04753160A5.jpeg

Even though I think you are a complete dipshit, I bet that dog had a wonderful life.  One of the things I share with libs is their extensive love for animals.  Sorry to hear it.  I've lost five now and my last one to cancer a year ago next month.  I still miss my "polar bear".  It's a tough choice to make but it is without a doubt the correct one.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Sorry to hear this. It’s too bad dogs and cats live such short lives.

What is with the cancer in dogs over the last 20 or so yrs? Never heard of it until the late 90's. WEre they getting cancer and people wrote it off as old age? 

Sorry to hear snowrider. One of life’s many difficulties. Our cats and dogs are like family members and when they pass on it is extremely difficult for all of us. The best cure is to get another one when you feel the time is right, which wasn’t very long for us, but that’s something I’m sure you don’t want to think about now. 

14 hours ago, SnowRider said:

I know there a several pet lovers on here.  Just got word our 12 year old Golden has to be put to sleep tomorrow.  She has aggressive cancer - she had knee surgery a few years ago and her back end is really weak.  In the last week the symptoms have surfaced.  It’s sad.  But it’s time.  The vet wanted to do it tonight but we wanted the kids to have time to spend with her.  She’s the only pet they’ve ever known. 

62543B1A-FEC0-4754-B858-BE04753160A5.jpeg

Really sorry man.  Thoughts and prays are with you and yours. 

12 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

What is with the cancer in dogs over the last 20 or so yrs? Never heard of it until the late 90's. WEre they getting cancer and people wrote it off as old age? 

I think that was it. My old vet didn’t have all the tools to detect cancer like todays vets do but it cost a lot less back then.

Just now, Mainecat said:

I think that was it. My old vet didn’t have all the tools to detect cancer like todays vets do but it cost a lot less back then.

They took an X Ray last night and the vet actually wanted to put her down then.  My wife brought her home and we took her back earlier today.  Technology is much different than the small town vets I use to deal with.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

A lot of dogs eat grass. Is it pesticides? 

In our case - she was 12 - average to above average life span for a Golden.  But yes - she’d eat grass. 

My lab / rottie got bone cancer. They offered chemo and all that shit . I said no. When I finally put him down the tech told me even if I had done all that shit he wouldn't have made it even one month more.