Check your account email address ×

The tragically hip

8 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

I think the broadcast is a bit off, but seems to sound a bit better after the 6th or so song. 

Not ot much of a surprise the shiny pony showed up for his photo op. 

image.jpeg

When is this useless asshole going to start doing his job? You know, running the country.

I was at the Toronto show on the 14th ...packed ...even the seats behind the stage were filled. The CBC did a great job on Saturday .Nice touch with Ron McLean at the Olympics

On 2016-08-21 at 10:57 AM, 500ssman said:

Didn't watch the CBC Justin Trudeau Special with an appearance by the Tragically Hip.

for a guy that says he fights for Canada, you are one of the worst Canadians I have ever come across. 

You should be ashamed of yourself

On 2016-08-20 at 9:53 PM, dirtybeacher said:

I think the broadcast is a bit off, but seems to sound a bit better after the 6th or so song. 

Not ot much of a surprise the shiny pony showed up for his photo op. 

image.jpeg

11 million viewers watched this concert and you claim this is a photo op, how fucking stupid.

Did you even listen to what Gordie said during the concert?

Right wing making a great night of music into being about Trudeau really shows how fucked up you are

On 20/08/2016 at 9:28 PM, Momorider said:

:bc: never seen them live, Gordon seems off key a lot maybe that's just him live :dunno: like his stories and the Canadian aspect they are a national treasure :) 

He's always been eccentric.

Like the mods and  admins on hcs :pc:

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 10:57 AM, 500ssman said:

Didn't watch the CBC Justin Trudeau Special with an appearance by the Tragically Hip.

It's kind of sad that True Dope had to weigh in and announce he would attend the Kingston Concert. He likes to be in the lime light doesn't he. If he wanted to attend as a fan he should have just kept his presence low key rather than announce it in advance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

11 million viewers watched this concert and you claim this is a photo op, how fucking stupid.

Did you even listen to what Gordie said during the concert?

Right wing making a great night of music into being about Trudeau really shows how fucked up you are

Welcome back Fail,  but you would be wrong . . . again.  It was a photo op.

While I wish Gord the best of health, I do not care what he or any other entertainer or actor etc says.  And no I did not watch the concert as I do not care for the Hip's music.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

It's kind of sad that True Dope had to weigh in and announce he would attend the Kingston Concert. He likes to be in the lime light doesn't he. If he wanted to attend as a fan he should have just kept his presence low key rather than announce it in advance.

It really is, he should have just attended the concert as a fan, like these two.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/comedy/funnystuff/stephen-harper-elizabeth-may-spotted-dancing-together-at-tragically-hip-concert-1.3730980

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

While I wish Gord the best of health, I do not care what he or any other entertainer or actor etc says.  And no I did not watch the concert as I do not care for the Hip's music.

I havent liked anything the hips put out since the late 80's

21 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It would be something if I can keep the radio station tuned through one of their songs. 

I'm with you.... I don't care for their music. My wife does though. When in the truck I listen to Sirius radio which means I hear what I like. When my wife and I head north she switches it to the Dock 104.1 when we get in range. When they come on the radio it is a good reason for me to switch back to satellite radio. She tried to get me going recently by telling me that just like Sirius has an Elvis channel and a Jimmy Buffet channel they were coming out with a Tragically Hip channel.

9 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I am not wrong, social media is full of haters like yourself ( who didn't even watch but have an opinion anyway)

I don't care what actors or you say either but that isn't the point.  You retards posting about photo ops is the issue.  now you post a link saying that Trudeau should have danced like an idiot on the floor ( like May and Harper)  instead of quietly sitting in his seat.  How fucked up is that?

Gord spent many months in the North a subject he really cares about, he kicked Harper in the teeth that night since He (harper) didn't do a fucking thing in 10 years about the issues. 

Much later in the show, Downie again spoke about his fondness for Trudeau.

“Thank you to the Prime Minister for coming to our show, it really means a lot to all of us,” he said.

“We’re in good hands, folks, real good hands. He cares about the people way up North, that we were trained our entire lives to ignore, trained our entire lives to hear not a word of what’s going on up there. And what’s going on up there ain’t good. It’s maybe worse than it’s ever been, so it’s not on the improve. (But) we’re going to get it fixed and we got the guy to do it, to start, to help.

Trudeau didn't ask for any of this you idiot.  And Gord was speaking about people like yourself that are puppets to the Right. 

Can just hear you now saying "Trudeau dancing like an idiot for photos"  fuck

And I am not back

11 hours ago, 02sled said:

You know he is the Prime Minister of Canada?  Everything he does is news you dummy.

but like your hero AC you too say he should have danced like a fool in the middle of the Floors instead of sitting in his seat enjoying the music.

No one is asking you to like the Hip but you can't deny it was this was the biggest thing to hit Canada in a long time, you chose to ignore it while the rest of Canada had out door parties and Bars were full, Families watching in their living rooms.  Instead you turn this into about Trudeau, no one else didn't that just you and your hatred.  Very telling