Check your account email address ×

So what kind of cash is the average Wisconsin lightbulb salesman raking in?

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I'm not calling him liar but damn that's some good scratch for someone who has swing shifts.  :pc:  

Slinger always likes to call me a liar :lol: he gets slapped down every single time 

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I work 2400 hours per year give or take 30-40....I am scheduled for 2280 hours per year and if you throw shutdowns and vacation coverage in it works out to another 10-12 shifts per year

I know how it works and have a reasonable view.  Guys like you are paid and hourly wage plus whatever OT you can get.  FYI, I think you have an awesome compensation package.

Guys like SR and Drift are paid strictly by commission, there is no base salary, no OT, and likely no bonus based on how the company performs, beyond what the individual can produce.

Their pay really is not limited.  If they are really good at what they do, they will do extremely well, otherwise they will be in beta territory.:bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I know how it works and have a reasonable view.  Guys like you are paid and hourly wage plus whatever OT you can get.  FYI, I think you have an awesome compensation package.

Guys like SR and Drift are paid strictly by commission, there is no base salary, no OT, and likely no bonus based on how the company performs, beyond what the individual can produce.

Their pay really is not limited.  If they are really good at what they do, they will do extremely well, otherwise they will be in beta territory.:bc:

:lmao: You’re wrong.....big time :lol: So fucking clueless..... :lol: 

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Guys with a base are limp riders.

I thought I was actually giving you a compliment.:lol:

You’ve got no clue how my comp works.....that was the point. :thumb:  I do quite well as do many others on here. 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I work 2400 hours per year give or take 30-40....I am scheduled for 2280 hours per year and if you throw shutdowns and vacation coverage in it works out to another 10-12 shifts per year

I work 2000 - 2200. I would have to look into the double and time and a half break down, For actual hours worked. What people don’t get, the more hours I work, the faster my pension and 401k grow. The young guys just don’t get it. 

Edited by Woodtick

6 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You’ve got no clue how my comp works.....that was the point. :thumb:  I do quite well as do many others on here. 

Then why are you buying an old sled with next to 0 knowledge of sled Mechanics?

Ben likes to fuck with old stuff...you on the other hand couldnt change a fuse and were in a panic because said sled didnt have a factory toolkit...which is basically useless except when in pinch.

13 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

My particular company and NUCOR steel which our founders came from have a very unique bonus structure. It is referred to as a highly variable cost structure by the bean counters. Over 60% of our wage is based on weekly production. I have a base wage and then the weekly production is a % of your base wage added to your weekly wage calculation. We are also paid what is referred to as a conversion bonus that is paid out monthly as is a reflection of our material utilization and efficiency for the month. In short....when the company does well the employee reaps the benefits in a very direct way. When times are tough....you will make less money and this helps mitigate some of the impact for the bottom line of the company. It is part of the reason we remain profitable and viable even in the toughest of times. 

Level 2 electrician base pay = $22.40

Weekly production has averaged between 130-140% since I have been down here and conversion bonus has averaged around 20% for the last 3 years or so.

Hourly compensation for my position has run between $50-60 per hour depending on how orders are since I have been here. When you add in the fact that I have scheduled OT built in that is paid at 1.5x the above figures you can see how it adds up quickly. Then you add in stock awards , profit share , special bonuses and the 401k match and you start to get into some really insane figures for yearly compensation for an average dummy working with his hands.

All hourly employees that are non-union enjoy these same benefits

If all companies treated their employees in the manner in which we are treated the GDP of this country would explode and working people would feel valued and overcompensated instead of the opposite

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I work 2000 - 2200. I would have to look into the double and time and a half break down, For actual hours worked. 

I would prefer to work about that amount but its just not possible with how lean we run staffing wise. 

7 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

No I don't but I do know what a few guys who actually hit their quotas by May and the income you alluded to have as a deal. 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My particular company and NUCOR steel which our founders came from have a very unique bonus structure. It is referred to as a highly variable cost structure by the bean counters. Over 60% of our wage is based on weekly production. I have a base wage and then the weekly production is a % of your base wage added to your weekly wage calculation. We are also paid what is referred to as a conversion bonus that is paid out monthly as is a reflection of our material utilization and efficiency for the month. In short....when the company does well the employee reaps the benefits in a very direct way. When times are tough....you will make less money and this helps mitigate some of the impact for the bottom line of the company. It is part of the reason we remain profitable and viable even in the toughest of times. 

Weekly production has averaged between 130-140% since I have been down here and conversion bonus has averaged around 20% for the last 3 years or so.

Hourly compensation for my position has run between $50-60 per hour depending on how orders are since I have been here. When you add in the fact that I have scheduled OT built in that is paid at 1.5x the above figures you can see how it adds up quickly. Then you add in stock awards , profit share , special bonuses and the 401k match and you start to get into some really insane figures for yearly compensation for an average dummy working with his hands.

If all companies treated their employees in the manner in which we are treated the GDP of this country would explode and working people would feel valued and overcompensated instead of the opposite

But Glassdoor says otherwise.......:news:

Edited by SnowRider

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Very good company you work for.  FYI, I treat my employees better, ontop of wages and OT, they got a 40% bonus.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Very good company you work for.  FYI, I treat my employees better, ontop of wages and OT, they got a 40% bonus.

Find good people.....treat them well and they will make you piles of money if you put them in a position to. Its pretty simple 

Just now, steve from amherst said:

No it isn't. Every employee has a weakness. Its a matter of figuring it out and developing a plan to work with / around it.

I've always said that people in leadership positions have one job. To understand that every person is capable of something different .....and to get 100% of whatever that person is capable of out of them and then to make the feel valued for it.