Check your account email address ×

COPS! - Body Cam and Two Very Different Accounts

Just now, Highmark said:

The officer had him in a soft half nelson and the kid broke free of it.   That is resisting.   If he simply let the officer detain him none of this is even a discussion.  

How is the cop to know where it will go from the point of him breaking his hold?

The cop had his face jammed up against the glass and his arms leveraged above his head.  Excessive force that was clearly unwarranted.

It can be argued a hundred ways from Sunday, however in the end the the cop choked and choke slammed the patron.  It was unnecessary.

Neal

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

The cop had his face jammed up against the glass and his arms leveraged above his head.  Excessive force that was clearly unwarranted.

It can be argued a hundred ways from Sunday, however in the end the the cop choked and choke slammed the patron.  It was unnecessary.

Neal

If the police was being rough he never would have gotten turned in the first place.   It was obvious he was being detained, he resisted so he got taken down.  See my video above.   He hadn't been searched yet so they don't know what they are facing.   Without more video we really don't know if the original reason for detaining him was valid however once you are being detained don't try or break free from a cop.   Plenty of cops get killed for not acting forcefully enough. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

If the police was being rough he never would have gotten turned in the first place.   It was obvious he was being detained, he resisted so he got taken down.  See my video above.   He hadn't been searched yet so they don't know what they are facing.   

It was obvious that the cop was rough and using excessive force to crank the pantrons hands above his head, and smash his face into the glass of the establishment.

Again, we can argue this till we are blue in the face but the result is the cop choked and choke slammed the patron.  It was unnecessary.

Neal

That was the worst lynching of a black person I have ever seen... 70 in a 55? Should have given her a warning if her record was clean. Fuck cops!

• Sad 1

It was obvious that the cop was rough and using excessive force to crank the pantrons hands above his head, and smash his face into the glass of the establishment.

Again, we can argue this till we are blue in the face but the result is the cop choked and choke slammed the patron.  It was unnecessary.

Neal

:lol:  If he was being rough he never would have gotten turned.

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

Poor Kneal.

• Like 1

Incorrect, he was getting roughed and turned to tell the cop to get off it.  Cop overreacted and choked, then choke slammed the patron.

Neal

Agree to disagree.   I don't think the cop was being rough or he never would have semi broken free.   

• Like 1

Indeed, and at the end of our disagreement the kid was detained by the force needed to ensure the situation didn't escalate.  This isn't romper room.   This is the real world were both suspect and cop can lose their lives.   

Neal

:lol2:

• Like 1

My point of posting was how the body cam is the great arbiter and if the body cam doesn't have the ability to shut off the video we don't have to rely on either the citizens or officers interpretation of the events.

Same with Neals video, we have a partial video of a situation already escalated and I would be the citizen and officer's stories would differ greatly.  Without them, we get exactly what happened in this thread with people picking the side they find most agreeable.

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Very debatable, and the force used on the patron far exceeded anything necessary.

The officer is reported (unconfirmed) to have been violent in the past.

Yes, serial, violent asshole cop.

If critical thinking were a exercise you would be Jabba the Hutt.

Neal

Unconfirmed violence in the past yet your next sentence is serial violent cop...SMH.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

:lol:  If he was being rough he never would have gotten turned.

Good work by those cops, that cover cop should have went old school UFC and punched that thug in the nuts a few times, he had plenty of clear shots to pummel his bean bag. :lmao:

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

I see the cop dick suckers are out in full force...

The arrogance of the police is increasing. Don’t they realize that they are the vulnerable piece of the crime/law puzzle? 

20 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Cops will continue to die in greater and greater numbers. I think it’s pretty much reached the point of no return. Cops abused their authority and they become the hunted. 

I know you haven't thought it through as emotions have got the best of you (again).  But take a second later on and tell me how you think this will play out.  

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

:lol2:

Pretty much nailed it.  I think, with your help, that was the best post Kneal has ever had and it didn't gush his bleeding heart tears onto my desk.  Everybody wins...really.

57 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Cops will continue to die in greater and greater numbers. I think it’s pretty much reached the point of no return. Cops abused their authority and they become the hunted. 

This is a bizarre statement. Sure, the cops are more and more hated(rightfully so), but hunted? That's sensationalist nonsense. Cops are hunters. Dog hunters... Innocent black people hunters...

33 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

This is a bizarre statement. Sure, the cops are more and more hated(rightfully so), but hunted? That's sensationalist nonsense. Cops are hunters. Dog hunters... Innocent black people hunters...

The number of police officers shot ambush style increases every year. You must not get out much or read much about attacks on the police.