Check your account email address ×

Side X Side Thoughts and Recommendations

How big a driveway are you plowing Vince?  IMO a General would probably be your best bet. Its utilitarian enough for a plow and you can have a little fun with it the rest of the time. Its no rzr1000 or maverick but you would look like a clown if you hung a plow off the front of one of those. 

5 hours ago, Legend said:

Yeah I needed a 4 seater for the kids. When we bought in 15, the general 4 seater wasnt released yet, otherwise Id probably have a general instead of the rzr.

Idk if you plan to put accessories on it, but the amount of stuff out there for polaris models far out weighs the other brands.

Im not trying to push you to Poo, I dont care what you buy. Just giving you some info and you can do with it what you want.

I'm leaning towards the Poo RZR, the dump box is nice but the truth is at this stage of the game I would rather tie a rope around a deer and drag it vs wrestle fucking it into the dump box :lol: 

5 hours ago, snowstorm said:

i bought a 17 polaris general a year ago. friend of mine had a commander that he raved about until he traded it for a general. i have the high end one with the fox shocks. it is fast enought to scare ya and it rides handles very well. some had the front end wine   some didnt. polaris is finally fixing that. they are repl;acing the drive line with a cv shaft. the 18's have the new shaft. its pretty much a rzr with a dump body. the seat isnt as low either. with the motor behind you most of the heat is also

I will test drive both a RZR and General, I saw a 2017 General 1000 EPS Deluxe with a roof, stereo sound bar and winch for 18K,  and  a 17  RZR XP 1000 EPS for 16K

What is Ride Command? :dunno: 

8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

How big a driveway are you plowing Vince?  IMO a General would probably be your best bet. Its utilitarian enough for a plow and you can have a little fun with it the rest of the time. Its no rzr1000 or maverick but you would look like a clown if you hung a plow off the front of one of those. 

Ostas got a plow for his x3 mav... :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I'm leaning towards the Poo RZR, the dump box is nice but the truth is at this stage of the game I would rather tie a rope around a deer and drag it vs wrestle fucking it into the dump box :lol: 

I will test drive both a RZR and General, I saw a 2017 General 1000 EPS Deluxe with a roof, stereo sound bar and winch for 18K,  and  a 17  RZR XP 1000 EPS for 16K

Digital guages, navigation, front and rear camera, and bluetooth audio

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Ride command is Polaris Infotainment system.  Test drive the Rzr and the General. 

3 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Don't be playing around with those Brand x save a buck specials , Vin .  Fur coat or no fur coat , you'll look like a chump out there in one of those .   Havoc or Stampede .   :bc:

1st year Havoc + TRF = Guinea Pig :lol: 

11 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

About 600 LF between the two drives, I could give zero fucks what I look like plowing with a RZR :lol: 

I'm really looking for the best ride bombing down a lumped up trail, I plow because I enjoy it :bc: 

8 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

1st year Havoc + TRF = Guinea Pig :lol: 

About 600 LF between the two drives, I could give zero fucks what I look like plowing with a RZR :lol: 

I'm really looking for the best ride bombing down a lumped up trail, I plow because I enjoy it :bc: 

Well if its ride down a wooped out trail you want then a rzr or the maverick is your best bet.  The others aren't even close in ride quality down a lumped out trail. 

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:
6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well if its ride down a wooped out trail you want then a rzr or the maverick is your best bet.  The others aren't even close in ride quality down a lumped out trail. 

@XCR1250 Agrees with you :bc: 

13 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

@XCR1250 Agrees with you :bc: 

The Maverick x3 is without question the best ride and most exciting when flying down wooped out trails. No RZR to date will keep up.  Ive driven and riden in both.  The X3 is a step above. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

true poo gave us a general last yr . fuck me .running it down a 1/2 frozen corn field was no treat . but at least we did not burn that one to the ground like the ranger they gave us . 

they all suck to plow with buy a old truck and stay dry and warm or a old tractor with a bucket .

then buy a sport quad to have fun in . you know you will be making at least 1/4 more in the next yr alone with the booming building going on . the truck is a bit more ez to deduct any way .

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

The Maverick x3 is without question the best ride and most exciting when flying down wooped out trails. No RZR to date will keep up.  Ive driven and riden in both.  The X3 is a step above. 

T-Cat man told me the General rides real nice and then I saw below, I believe you on the X3 :bc: 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

true poo gave us a general last yr . fuck me .running it down a 1/2 frozen corn field was no treat . but at least we did not burn that one to the ground like the ranger they gave us . 

they all suck to plow with buy a old truck and stay dry and warm or a old tractor with a bucket .

then buy a sport quad to have fun in . you know you will be making at least 1/4 more in the next yr alone with the booming building going on . the truck is a bit more ez to deduct any way .

Why do they suck to plow with? :dunno: 

Go 4 seater.....  Great having a couple friends / family with ya or a place to put a bunch of gear / coolers.  As I told you last week, Dave has a 4 seat 800 RZR.  Tops out around 55-60 which is plenty IMO.  He bought a plow for it and it works decent / good. 

20170819_161137.jpg

20171014_093916.jpg

Edited by jammin

For what you're looking to do a general is the best bet. Or a Havoc from Textron, But I have no experience with those. Side by sides are a hoot. 

SEwwPx0SKJPwMLr0NRHu_pyk3JIHQfKSrK5Jo-fATJ5ZhBjmzuxJ36529beeWu4SgHsuWf83-GwG7zqcB7vyFkIslz7KJrg70Hf5fMi8pBAGj-aAWSvV2M0XDef8hSKRgeDSw3OGPHQquExhO6-7F6zSbx7HvyE6gpeHC8oWmpEK0-ia3vzl92XXkPH_aVXHM4hwzNCDKcD9LvaGE0Dp4462xYmYanUeP8Q4_bVmp0q2xvnuAHhO71V5hpjxQ_1_O6fpwtczdM4xur2jqcm82SHyOXacC1RwwBMnGhrIajXdp6gkYtFFBQZ5wOixb5mNTal-2LwCrGsVmaWR-nJhvCdeDa92gLi-uyiwJ6QsC4b6IhrXwsvMusj_8A3_WyfJBTV9RGh8jjAC7uqD2us-NxyWfMBW_9z9NpE0yprQak_lDjFYnIXYgaqPiOUvEzLcsgnVWA1GcEvMb6n6N7ARw9pGKzoYzeCwkQ5rcYvJxqONxHxH-juKMlQww1Au_wV5NGnMFK0TC--ZHjaoq-99_Tccm9oH8XZIZg0rrTx4n57TU-ajYB1G8ldZKCz2g4RhyUf0QKnYXlWpNzE9SjhqnmkkGauBtX2OecuwOqBY=w2041-h1530-no

7 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

T-Cat man told me the General rides real nice and then I saw below, I believe you on the X3 :bc: 

Why do they suck to plow with? :dunno: 

How much snow are you talking about? I've been plowing with regular ATV's since 2000 with zero problems, if we get snow that's 1-1/2 feet or more I use my plow truck, heck we plowed 2000'+ long & 200 feet wide race tracks on the lake here with ATV's.

IMG_0123.JPG

Edited by XCR1250

1 hour ago, jammin said:

Go 4 seater.....  Great having a couple friends / family with ya or a place to put a bunch of gear / coolers.  As I told you last week, Dave has a 4 seat 800 RZR.  Tops out around 55-60 which is plenty IMO.  He bought a plow for it and it works decent / good. 

20170819_161137.jpg

20171014_093916.jpg

If hes going to plow with it...a 4 seater has the turning radius of a school bus...and not very ideal.

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Wrong tool for the job. Kinda like doing estimates on a bicycle.

Why is it the wrong tool? :dunno: 

1 hour ago, JEFF said:

For what you're looking to do a general is the best bet. Or a Havoc from Textron, But I have no experience with those. Side by sides are a hoot. 

SEwwPx0SKJPwMLr0NRHu_pyk3JIHQfKSrK5Jo-fATJ5ZhBjmzuxJ36529beeWu4SgHsuWf83-GwG7zqcB7vyFkIslz7KJrg70Hf5fMi8pBAGj-aAWSvV2M0XDef8hSKRgeDSw3OGPHQquExhO6-7F6zSbx7HvyE6gpeHC8oWmpEK0-ia3vzl92XXkPH_aVXHM4hwzNCDKcD9LvaGE0Dp4462xYmYanUeP8Q4_bVmp0q2xvnuAHhO71V5hpjxQ_1_O6fpwtczdM4xur2jqcm82SHyOXacC1RwwBMnGhrIajXdp6gkYtFFBQZ5wOixb5mNTal-2LwCrGsVmaWR-nJhvCdeDa92gLi-uyiwJ6QsC4b6IhrXwsvMusj_8A3_WyfJBTV9RGh8jjAC7uqD2us-NxyWfMBW_9z9NpE0yprQak_lDjFYnIXYgaqPiOUvEzLcsgnVWA1GcEvMb6n6N7ARw9pGKzoYzeCwkQ5rcYvJxqONxHxH-juKMlQww1Au_wV5NGnMFK0TC--ZHjaoq-99_Tccm9oH8XZIZg0rrTx4n57TU-ajYB1G8ldZKCz2g4RhyUf0QKnYXlWpNzE9SjhqnmkkGauBtX2OecuwOqBY=w2041-h1530-no

Planning on a weekend of test riding a RZR and a General on the weekend of the 12th or Memorial Day weekend, I've read reviews of the Havoc and comparisons of it to the General while very good it has seats that suck, although for the price difference I could probably replace them with Recaros.

22 minutes ago, DAVE said:

If hes going to plow with it...a 4 seater has the turning radius of a school bus...and not very ideal.

fact.   Friend bought one to drive back & forth to lake.  The little I drove it, couldn't imagine being in tight trails with it.

7 minutes ago, snowstorm said:

some of the polaris advertising said the general and rzr are built on the same frame. so thats where that comes from. the general dose have truff mode rzr dose not 

They do share a chassis. The open diff in the General is the deal maker if your going to ever drive over your lawn.  

2 hours ago, jammin said:

To lumber waggonish, I want something nimble.

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

How much snow are you talking about? I've been plowing with regular ATV's since 2000 with zero problems, if we get snow that's 1-1/2 feet or more I use my plow truck, heck we plowed 2000'+ long & 200 feet wide race tracks on the lake here with ATV's.

IMG_0123.JPG

I have had zero issues with my ATV plowing since 2005, did the job well after a 24" blizzard 2011.

plow 001.jpg

plow 002.jpg

18 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Why is it the wrong tool? :dunno: 

Planning on a weekend of test riding a RZR and a General on the weekend of the 12th or Memorial Day weekend, I've read reviews of the Havoc and comparisons of it to the General while very good it has seats that suck, although for the price difference I could probably replace them with Recaros.

Good lord!  I kinda skipped through it but, did I miss a category that the Havoc didn't win?  Was impressive.