Check your account email address ×

Dow plunges more than 500 points on trade war fears after China retaliates to US tariffs

9 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

In spite of our unhinged president, that says something about the markets resiliency. 

You sure know how to play both sides of a subject... First it's all trumps fault... Until it's doing well. Then it's the market... 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, JEFF said:

You sure know how to play both sides of a subject... First it's all trumps fault... Until it's doing well. Then it's the market... 

When the market tripled under Obama......who/where did you give credit....:snack:

@DriftBusta InvestaBusta......you? 

:lol: 

21 hours ago, SnowRider said:

@DriftBusta  What is InvestaBusta telling his clients.......:snack:

See my comments to you below. :bc: 

21 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Could you imagine the reaction from our local Reich wing if Obama’s comments were creating this type of reactions in the market? Omfg. They’d be having estrogen attacks. :lol: 

Like Jeff is having right now?

20 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

nothing he has done so far gives anything more than lip service to helping main st.  In a trade war  some iron workers might get jobs,  farmers lose theirs,  small businesses that export close.    Wall street will always get theirs,  they will push companies to drive up prices and  automate and reduce workers to make sure they are getting their returns in the long run.  Trumps dangling thoughts of a return to 50's era blue collar prosperity are horseshit but throw in a little racism to stir emotions and those who will ultimately suffer somehow jump on board and the rich just laugh cause dem or pub in charge they still win.     

Christ settle down, you're more emotional than a teenage girl. :lol: 

15 hours ago, F3600 said:

So sad...you'd think the Collusion Crew would be a bit gun shy by now.  But each day they hit it with vigor, hoping today is the day they are right.

Yeah funny how that whole narrative has faded away, huh.

7 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Tomorrow when it drops they'll be blaming Obama. 

Uh huh.  And this thread was started on speculation of what and who again?

46 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That's quite funny seeing the whole thread was based on it dropping because of Trump.

No kidding.  Guy is priceless

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

When the market tripled under Obama......who/where did you give credit....:snack:

@DriftBusta InvestaBusta......you? 

:lol: 

Stop talking.  I have zero interest in going back and forth with a moron.

10 hours ago, Snake said:

r4mStb0.gif

Yes bravo, there have been no tweets today...............fingers crossed.

9 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Yeah it does. But there will be drops and rises. If anyone thinks looking at it from a daily view is anywhere near healthy, take a look at Polaris 550. He almost blew a gasket the other day over nothing.

It's not fun watching yout net worth get hammered.

42 minutes ago, JEFF said:

It was his fault, his Tweets about Amazon should have never happened, his bombastic way to announce taxes or tariffs as he likes to call them is stupid, and trade wars are stupid.

Think about this Jeffery, we are damn near at full employment and with that understanding how are we going to man low wage factories to make the widgets and gadgets we purchase from China?

What happens if the trade war (Trump says we're ready) ends up with the Chinese cutting off loans to the US?

I'm looking forward to your answers to those questions Jeffery :bc: 

Then don't watch it. You have been in it long enough to know some days will get hammered. Some days will be up . and in the long run you will make money. 

You also have been in it long enough to know that they almost always drop a lot quicker then they go up. But will almost always go up long term. unless of course its a shit stock and the company is on its way out.

55 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Then don't watch it. You have been in it long enough to know some days will get hammered. Some days will be up . and in the long run you will make money. 

You also have been in it long enough to know that they almost always drop a lot quicker then they go up. But will almost always go up long term. unless of course its a shit stock and the company is on its way out.

But how can you be a queef and lay out your liberal bona fides if you don't cry like the bitch you are?

40 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's not fun watching yout net worth get hammered. If you're going to sweat the daily swings maybe the market isn't right for you.

It was his fault, his Tweets about Amazon should have never happened, his bombastic way to announce taxes or tariffs as he likes to call them is stupid, and trade wars are stupid.I'd argue they work precisely as intended.  

Think about this Jeffery, we are damn near at full employment and with that understanding how are we going to man low wage factories to make the widgets and gadgets we purchase from China? I'd say we get some of the 95 million people whom aren't working, back on the job? 

What happens if the trade war (Trump says we're ready) ends up with the Chinese cutting off loans to the US? Maybe start running this country on money it has? jesus you supposedly run a baller company? There will be tough decisions to be made for sure, but what did we do 50 years ago as a country? Reign in spending to levels we can actually afford. :bc:

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Absolutely no thanks to your president. Thank his babysitter, Kudlow. 

Like the man said, if you can't stand the market, get the fuck out.

So I'm guessing all the "Trump caused the market to crash" guys now believe last years huge gains were all Trump?

4 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

See my comments to you below. :bc: 

Like Jeff is having right now?

Christ settle down, you're more emotional than a teenage girl. :lol: 

Yeah funny how that whole narrative has faded away, huh.

Uh huh.  And this thread was started on speculation of what and who again?

No kidding.  Guy is priceless

Stop talking.  I have zero interest in going back and forth with a moron.

only one unsettled seems to you whenever anyone criticizes the orange idiot..  

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

His answers are idiotic, 95 million unemployed :lol: 

OWhat 'are so many of them doing?' 95 million not in US labor force

Published 12:58 PM ET Fri, 2 Dec 2016  Updated 2:11 PM ET Fri, 2 Dec 2016CNBC.com

The November jobs report looked pretty good on the surface except for one number that popped off the page: 95 million.

That's the number of Americans now counted as not in the labor force, a historic high that has confounded economists and policymakers. The total — 95.06 million to be more exact — has been rising consistently but surged by a gaudy 446,000 last month.

The jump occurred as the U.S. economy added 178,000 jobs and the headline unemployment rate dropped sharply.

Explaining the consistent increase in those leaving the labor force is complicated, with factors divided between an aging and rapidly retiring workforce, a skills gap that leaves job openings unfilled, and the nettlesome problem of too many people who find it's just easier to collect welfare and other transfer payments rather than go back to work.

"WTF are so many of them doing?" Peter Boockvar, chief market analyst at The Lindsey Group, said in a note after the nonfarm payrolls report. Boockvar used a crude online expression that nicely sums up the continued frustration with America's shrinking labor force.

In a subsequent interview, he acknowledged the issue is many pronged and poses a long-term obstacle for economic growth.

"It's a combination. There's no question a lot of them are retirees," Boockvar said. "No one wants to say, 'I want to get fired and sit on my butt.' But when people do lose their jobs, they're not being incentivized enough to go back to work compared to the benefits they get by not being at work."

Indeed, the U.S. saw an explosion in benefits during the Great Recession that has receded only mildly during the recovery.

For example, the level of those enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — food stamps — has remained elevated even with an economic expansion that is nearly 7 ½ years old. SNAP recipients totaled 33.5 million in 2009, the year the recession ended. In 2016, the number is at 45.3 million. The government shelled out $74 billion in benefits last year, about double the level of 2008.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/02/95-million-american-workers-not-in-us-labor-force.html

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So I'm guessing all the "Trump caused the market to crash" guys now believe last years huge gains were all Trump?

One of mine went up 31% last year. Yeah, I can stomach a little volatility this year. :lol: 

9 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Sure, do we give Obama the gains over his 8 years too then?

Neal

If he gave the go ahead for all the quantitative easing.  :lol:  

6 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's not fun watching yout net worth get hammered.

It was his fault, his Tweets about Amazon should have never happened, his bombastic way to announce taxes or tariffs as he likes to call them is stupid, and trade wars are stupid.

Think about this Jeffery, we are damn near at full employment and with that understanding how are we going to man low wage factories to make the widgets and gadgets we purchase from China?

What happens if the trade war (Trump says we're ready) ends up with the Chinese cutting off loans to the US?

Us factories will be using high wage employees and China will lose any trade war their entire economy basically relies on the US you penis headed dago midget clown :flush: