Check your account email address ×

China raises tariffs on $50B of US soybeans, other goods

Just now, Highmark said:

:lol:   Then your not a very good one.  

To the contrary, quite good actually.  I understand how Trump is fucking things up for agriculture, and don't try to sweep what he is doing under the rug like your non-comprehending ass.  It is amusing that you tie your cart to political ideology so hard you can't criticize horrible ideas or actions because of who/what poitical side they come from.  It's laughable folly and foolish.

Neal

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Tariff’s?  

If she was an an extension of Obama....and Ag had some of their all time best years under Obama.......how would she be worse? :snack:

You and your ilk fucked up - which is ok - but failing to admit it and continuing to defend it is :lmao:  

Not at all, you wasted your vote with Hillary, we could have had Gary instead.  Onus is on you and your moronic I'll. 

Neal

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Not at all, you wasted your vote with Hillary, we could have had Gary instead.  Onus is on you and your moronic I'll. 

Neal

:lmao: you fucked up and now Dump is gonna fuck you and other farmers hard.....and I’m gonna :lmao::lol::lmao: 

Dude - I grew up in rural America just like you - but have a set a balls that you lack and had no problem sharing my opinion while being surrounded by deep red voters,  You wilt......and are simply cutting off your nose to spite your face.....because down at the local coffee shop in 2016......Dump was popular......and Gary was aplletable.....Hillary was not......no doubt her policies would be better for you but you lack the gonads to admit it. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

To the contrary, quite good actually.  I understand how Trump is fucking things up for agriculture, and don't try to sweep what he is doing under the rug like your non-comprehending ass.  It is amusing that you tie your cart to political ideology so hard you can't criticize horrible ideas or actions because of who/what poitical side they come from.  It's laughable folly and foolish.

Neal

Actually I've been critical on Trump on a number of issues.

So how many acres do you "farm?"  

Some of my best friends and neighbors are farmers.   I deer hunted with farmers for 25 years.   Lots of time sitting in trucks waiting for the deer drive to begin discussing farming.   Every last one of them says the same thing.   While you won't always make a killing you'll never go under if you know how to do 2 things, farm the land and farm the govt.

Edited by Highmark

10 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

How many government programs has your company taken advantage of.....:snack:

ZERO.

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Bullshit, a fleeting tisk tisk as above is all you have ever provided.  Stop fooling yourself.

Farm and ranch is a bit under 1000.

Neal

How much in crops?

Some of my best friends and neighbors are farmers.   I deer hunted with farmers for 25 years.   Lots of time sitting in trucks waiting for the deer drive to begin discussing farming.   Every last one of them says the same thing.   While you won't always make a killing you'll never go under if you know how to do 2 things, farm the land and farm the govt.

11 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lmao: you fucked up and now Dump is gonna fuck you and other farmers hard.....and I’m gonna :lmao::lol::lmao: 

Dude - I grew up in rural America just like you - but have a set a balls that you lack and had no problem sharing my opinion while being surrounded by deep red voters,  You wilt......and are simply cutting off your nose to spite your face.....because down at the local coffee shop in 2016......Dump was popular......and Gary was aplletable.....Hillary was not......no doubt her policies would be better for you but you lack the gonads to admit it. :thumbsup:

As did I, I supported Sanders until he was clearly cock blocked by the Hillary campaign and the DNC. 

Hillary did not have better policies or history than Gary.  As such I did not vote for her.  You wasted your vote when you could have voted for Gary.

Neal

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

As did I, I supported Sanders until he was clearly cock blocked by the Hillary campaign and the DNC. 

Hillary did not have better policies or history than Gary.  As such I did not vote for her.  You wasted your vote when you could have voted for Gary.

Neal

Toolkits in love with Hillary though. Love is blind.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

How much in crops?

Just under half is crop.

I am a farmer and I am flat out telling you that Trump is fucking things up for farmers, badly.  Fisrt the TPP ordeal, and now the China trade war.

Chapter 12's were high last year, and are expected to increase for 2018.  Trump's current policies will only exacerbate those filings.

He is fucking up, plain and simple.

Neal

59 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

yeah sure. there will be long term damages from all this and then you'll expect the dems to clean up the mess, even blame them for it.

please. It will not be damage but an improvement. And we waited 8 yrs for you to fix the illegal immigration problem. Done waiting motherfucker.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Well the list isn't very long for what they buy from us so there is only so much they can tariff.

Chinese can go fuck themselves.  

Can you think of a pork and soybean state off the top of your head? 

Since you will probably struggle with that question, I'll give you a hint.

Good luck to China. Argentina is in a major bean shortfall this year so they’ll gobble up a lot of brazils exports.

china will have to come to the US for beans. It’s inevitable.

poor wince got the facts wrong surprise 

• Thanks 1

The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with China was $385 billion in 2016. China is currently our largest goods trading partner with $578.2 billion in total (two way) goods trade during 2016. Goods exports totaled $115.6 billion; goods imports totaled $462.6 billion.

24 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Just under half is crop.

I am a farmer and I am flat out telling you that Trump is fucking things up for farmers, badly.  Fisrt the TPP ordeal, and now the China trade war.

Chapter 12's were high last year, and are expected to increase for 2018.  Trump's current policies will only exacerbate those filings.

He is fucking up, plain and simple.

Neal

Currently cropped or CRP?

Plenty goes into farm bankruptcies including buying too much or too expensive of equipment for their needs and paying WAY too much for ground.   I don't deny on the surface some of the things will hit some farmers however as crop prices fall feeding livestock becomes cheaper.    Some of it hits harder than others.  Livestock guys are doing pretty good right now.  Not all farmers are crop only.  Very few around me.  Some huge family farms take no crops to market and crop thousands of acres.   All goes to feeding livestock.  

I do feel this will sort itself out after negotiations are complete.   How nice of you to only concern yourself with YOUR industry.  :lol: 

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

I don't know about that. Looks like China is gonna get tough and not cave like the others. I imagine Trump will respond with more tariffs for Chyna...

They will cave. They don't have the option to not. We are the consumption engine that powers china. And we feed them. 

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Can you think of a pork and soybean state off the top of your head? 

Since you will probably struggle with that question, I'll give you a hint.

Dude, the vast majority of farmers are pretty diversified.   Well they are around me.   Many feed the vast majority of what they grow.  

Sure some crop farmers will take a bit of a hit but don't you worry govt subsidies will cover them.  

Industries we don't do reasonable trade protection need to be subsidized at times to survive.   We are paying either way.   Farms seems to need it either way.   Farming is its own enemy.   Maximize production no matter what.  Drives the cost down, govt gives them money they try and grow more to get more money.   Its a terrible cycle and in reality probably needs a shake up.  The mere fact good crop land isn't dropping in price much or even increasing tells me all I need to know.   Someone is making it work.  

Imagine in your industry if everyone just produced and produced with nothing sold.  Just kept going at it as fast as possible maximizing production no matter what.  Profits would likely tank.  3-4 good years and I seen an unreal amount of ground come out of CRP well into the contract.   4 nice wildlife waterways on my short stretch of road alone got dozed in all to gain an acre or two.   

I want to help farmers the much as the next guy but honestly the industry is its own worst enemy.    

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1