Check your account email address ×

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

ckf

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I would want my wife to come with me and she thinks Parry Sound is the sticks.  

Not talking to the Newf here.

I well not go to Parry Sound unless it's 7 in the morning, Too busy in the summer. This from a guy that grew upin downtown TO. Whats with Vaughan just a bunch of farmers fields cover in Itie concrete and malls.I'd rather live in Hamilton.

6 minutes ago, gtserider said:

I well not go to Parry Sound unless it's 7 in the morning, Too busy in the summer. This from a guy that grew upin downtown TO. Whats with Vaughan just a bunch of farmers fields cover in Itie concrete and malls.I'd rather live in Hamilton.

When was the last time you were in Vaughan?  Hamilton, good one.

Out of all the places I've lived the keys get old.  I hang my hat in Indian river county Florida. Ocean front home orchid. Island.  I am content.

For riding north shore of the gaspee Quebec.  You can ride any area of Quebec with out driving.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boered said:

So rely upon others I stead of yourself. Seems like it is you that fears a well and septic. Citiot.

I am assuming you are using well water bumpkin. When's the last time you had your well water tested? Have you had tested ever even. No way I could test well water with the frequency that it is tested by the township. Also I have been told that township water comes from Georgian Bay and not groundwater. I'll take the filtered, tested daily if not multiple times daily over the well water you drink that could become contaminated after a severe rain storm.  

Your well water you are drinking could be full of all kinds of things and you've just built up an immunity over time.

Nobody is afraid here.... just we have a preference for not having to worry about things like the well running dry which a number of people have experienced in our current drought conditions, the pump giving up, the foot valve needing replacing, the line freezing in the -40C temperatures and so many other things that can go wrong and likely at the most inopportune times. Like having the pump lose it's prime when you have a bunch of guests and now you can't flush the damn toilet.

2 hours ago, Rmk said:

Out of all the places I've lived the keys get old.  I hang my hat in Indian river county Florida. Ocean front home orchid. Island.  I am content.

For riding north shore of the gaspee Quebec.  You can ride any area of Quebec with out driving.

What key did you live on?

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

I am assuming you are using well water bumpkin. When's the last time you had your well water tested? Have you had tested ever even. No way I could test well water with the frequency that it is tested by the township. Also I have been told that township water comes from Georgian Bay and not groundwater. I'll take the filtered, tested daily if not multiple times daily over the well water you drink that could become contaminated after a severe rain storm.  

Your well water you are drinking could be full of all kinds of things and you've just built up an immunity over time.

Nobody is afraid here.... just we have a preference for not having to worry about things like the well running dry which a number of people have experienced in our current drought conditions, the pump giving up, the foot valve needing replacing, the line freezing in the -40C temperatures and so many other things that can go wrong and likely at the most inopportune times. Like having the pump lose it's prime when you have a bunch of guests and now you can't flush the damn toilet.

Sweden or somewhere else Scandinavian.  Average daily highs of only 22C in the summer, lots of snow December to April, mountains, amazing standard of living, sexy women.  Language would be a bitch to learn though.

9 hours ago, DAVE said:

Duck key.  Did a lot of construction between the late 80s to 2006.  The area change and the fishing and quality of life is better in my current are.  More choices including Bahamas are only a 1.50 run.

8 hours ago, DAVE said:

11 hours ago, Rmk said:

Also curious where & why.

Buddy has been down there for a couple years and loves it.

__-----_----+++++++++++++++

Snowmobiling would be the last consideration at this point.

I could always take a trip if I wanted to ride bad enough.

Screw living in a cold ass climate.

Drink in hand .....ass in the sand.

32 minutes ago, Rmk said:

Duck key.  Did a lot of construction between the late 80s to 2006.  The area change and the fishing and quality of life is better in my current are.  More choices including Bahamas are only a 1.50 run.

Bahamas is nice.  

46 minutes ago, Rmk said:

I liked duck key...my wife and I stayed at Hawks Cay there quite a few times over the years.

13 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Bahamas is nice.  

I found nassau to be much nicer then freeport....both were too busy for my liking though. :lol:

Turks n Caicos is perfect.

11 hours ago, 02sled said:

It's great having a well with good water, no watering restrictions, no monthly bill, etc......, oh we have softener that uses salt that has iron remover. My pump did die 2 years ago but at that point we had been here 19 years and the folks who owned the house beforehand were here 10 years and they had never replaced it so let's call it a 30 year old pump, $1,800.00 to have it replaced comes out to a $60.00 a year cost.....cheap :news:  

50 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's great having a well with good water, no watering restrictions, no monthly bill, etc......, oh we have softener that uses salt that has iron remover. My pump did die 2 years ago but at that point we had been here 19 years and the folks who owned the house beforehand were here 10 years and they had never replaced it so let's call it a 30 year old pump, $1,800.00 to have it replaced comes out to a $60.00 a year cost.....cheap :news:  

Like you many are lucky and many others aren't so lucky. Father-in-law has very good well water. His neighbour has lousy water with a bad odour and not potable. He has a holding tank for trucked in drinking / cooking water. Water sewage and garbage collection cost me maybe $900 a year. In the grand scheme that is nothing 

where we are building it's just part of the property taxes. No meters

Edited by 02sled

2 hours ago, DAVE said:

I liked duck key...my wife and I stayed at Hawks Cay there quite a few times over the years.

I found nassau to be much nicer then freeport....both were too busy for my liking though. :lol:

Turks n Caicos is perfect.

Have not been to Freeport, liked Nassau but it would get boring after a bit.  I am not a fan of just flopping on a beach, so I would likely want to leave after a week in Turks.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Have not been to Freeport, liked Nassau but it would get boring after a bit.  I am not a fan of just flopping on a beach, so I would likely want to leave after a week in Turks.

Me either, but sailing around the world wouldn't be a bad way to live :bc:

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Ive never lied on the beach really anywhere i go...i wouldnt subject people to that....lol.....theres lots to do. :bc:

32 minutes ago, ckf said:

Me either, but sailing around the world wouldn't be a bad way to live :bc:

Sailing?  How about one of these?  The marina village in the Bahamas, more my taste, esp the jetski accessories.

bah.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sailing?  How about one of these?  The marina village in the Bahamas, more my taste, esp the jetski accessories.

bah.jpg

I did the boat thing for awhile...