Check your account email address ×

What should be done about the opioid epidemic in America?

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

:lol:

The war on drugs has done nothing to curb addiction, it has increased violence, and played a major role in creating our mass incarceration issue. You, sir, don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Just now, Wildboer said:

The war on drugs has done nothing to curb addiction, it has increased violence, and played a major role in creating our mass incarceration issue. You, sir, don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

So just let the drugs flow youre saying and everything will be alright....

How is it you are just a bartender....

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

I've watched a number of documentaries on this and it really sickens me that more isn't being done.

While I'm the first to say people are responsible for their own actions but damn its high time major action is done.

Yes it starts with going after doctors over prescribing pain meds but it must include the influx of heroin into our country.   Make it legal or use the military to stop it.

We have to force Mexico into more action or I'd even support air strikes on poppy fields/cartel assets all over the country.  It might even take soldiers on the ground.   If terrorism was killing 60,000 American's every year we would be appalled and attack every country in the ME.   

What about big pharma pushing this stuff and making it very lucrative for the docs to fill there pockets?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

So just let the drugs flow youre saying and everything will be alright....

How is it you are just a bartender....

Supply and demand Dave, the only solution is to address demand. So yes, stop wasting time and resources on a futile fight against the supply.

I'm not just a bartender Dave, remember?

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Correct. 

80's coke

90's crack

2000's meth and molly 

now heroin

The opiate epidemic was worse during the late “60’s and early “70’s. But then it was only inner city people dying. Now that it’s in suburbia everyone loses their collective shit. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yup, all we have to do is crack down on all these  doctors deliberately dolling out drugs to line their pockets.

Boom ......drug problem in Merica over.

Don't forget legalizing all drugs 

2 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Don't forget legalizing all drugs 

That is why perscribed drugs are so popular.  I'm not a drug addict *sniff  I have a script! . It is socially acceptable way to get high.  People want to get high!!!!! Period.

44 minutes ago, Cold War said:

That is why perscribed drugs are so popular.  I'm not a drug addict *sniff  I have a script! . It is socially acceptable way to get high.  People want to get high!!!!! Period.

Legalizing drugs would decrease overall drug use due to better treatment access. The law isn't stopping anyone who wants to get high from doing so...

Edited by Wildboer

8 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Legalizing drugs would decrease overall drug use due to better treatment access. The law isn't stopping anyone who wants to get high from doing so...

I doubt it, but it wouldn't increase either.

Take the legalization of pot.  I don't know anyone who quit or anyone who started smoking. The best argument is it inhumane to make criminals out of otherwise law abiding citizens.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I doubt it, but it wouldn't increase either.

Take the legalization of pot.  I don't know anyone who quit or anyone who started smoking. The best argument is it inhumane to make criminals out of otherwise law abiding citizens.

Being a pothead and being a heroin addict are two very different things. There are plenty of heroin addicts that would love to kick the habit, not so much for stoners.

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

The opiate epidemic was worse during the late “60’s and early “70’s. But then it was only inner city people dying. Now that it’s in suburbia everyone loses their collective shit. 

Zero fucks given by the pols back then.

Everybody's misused him
Ripped him up and abused him
Another junkie plan
Pushing dope for the man
A terrible blow
But that's how it goes
A Freddie's on the corner now
If you want to be a junkie, wow
Remember Freddie's dead

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wildboer said:

Being a pothead and being a heroin addict are two very different things. There are plenty of heroin addicts that would love to kick the habit, not so much for stoners.

Yeah weed addicts couldn’t care less to quit. Lots of hard drug users want to 

1 minute ago, snopro31 said:

A warning.

If you deal with it, watch for a spike in Meth usage. 

Opioids are easier to deal with then Meth.

No. Contrary to popular belief, there’s many recreational meth users. Like opiates, withdrawal is almost never dangerous. Unlike alcohol withdrawal 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

No. Contrary to popular belief, there’s many recreational meth users. Like opiates, withdrawal is almost never dangerous. Unlike alcohol withdrawal 

Umm yes.

I've dealt with hardcore meth, opioids, benzo's, coccaine, heroin, etc people.  Meth is a bitch.  Opioids are controllable and easily. 

2 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

Umm yes.

I've dealt with hardcore meth, opioids, benzo's, coccaine, heroin, etc people.  Meth is a bitch.  Opioids are controllable and easily. 

Yeah, so have I. It’s been my job for 31 years. You’re out to lunch. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Yeah, so have I. It’s been my job for 31 years. You’re out to lunch. 

I'll take a withdrawling opioid user or a withdrawing meth head ANY day. 

And im not talking about sitting there talking to them about their "life choices"

• Like 1