Check your account email address ×

Mueller gathers evidence that 2016 Seychelles meeting was effort to establish back channel to Kremlin

Mueller gathers evidence that 2016 Seychelles meeting was effort to establish back channel to Kremlin

Source: Washington Post

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III has gathered evidence that a secret meeting in the Seychelles just before the inauguration of Donald Trump was an effort to establish a back-channel between the incoming administration and the Kremlin apparently contradicting statements made to lawmakers by one of its participants, according to people familiar with the matter. 

In January, 2016, Erik Prince, the founder of the private military company Blackwater, met with a Russian official close to President Vladimir Putin, and later described the meeting to congressional investigators as a chance encounter that was not a planned discussion of U.S.-Russia relations. 

A witness cooperating with Mueller has told investigators the meeting was set up in advance so that a representative of the Trump transition could meet with an emissary from Moscow to discuss future relations between the two countries, according to the people familiar with the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters. 

George Nader, a Lebanese-American business who helped organize and attended the Seychelles meeting, has testified on the matter before a grand jury gathering evidence about discussions between the Trump transition team and emissaries of the Kremlin, as part of Muellers investigation into Russian efforts to interfere with the 2016 election.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/mueller-gathers-evidence-that-2016-seychelles-meeting-was-effort-to-establish-back-channel-to-kremlin/2018/03/07/b6a5fb8c-224b-11e8-94da-ebf9d112159c_story.html
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

I like that we can all come together and help bring some value to MC’s stupid threads... if not his life.

You can tell when he just got done browsing DU as an independent 

3 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

You can tell when he just got done browsing DU as an independent 

That place is funny as fuck to peruse.  So much self pity, hate and sadness.  People seriously talk about suicide because of Trump.  I am all for it.

That place is funny as fuck to peruse.  So much self pity, hate and sadness.  People seriously talk about suicide because of Trump.  I am all for it.

It’s like bizarro world and they think they’re all normal :lol: 

supposedly DU shut down during the election for some reason. People there thought that was done by trumps team so the intellectually elite there couldn’t bust him cheating the election :lmao: 

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

It’s like bizarro world and they think they’re all normal :lol: 

supposedly DU shut down during the election for some reason. People there thought that was done by trumps team so the intellectually elite there couldn’t bust him cheating the election :lmao: 

Yeah. :lol:

It is literally chalked full of  MC’s, Tool Kits and Revs all working themselves up into tearful  blusters. :lmao:

Some guy met with a Russian official "close" to Putin

Then some witness said that the meeting was planned.

OH MY GOD, Drop the mic,  they got Trump now....

Keep crying wolf, it seems to be working so well.

25 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Some guy met with a Russian official "close" to Putin

Then some witness said that the meeting was planned.

OH MY GOD, Drop the mic,  they got Trump now....

Keep crying wolf, it seems to be working so well.

MSM.  Breaking it all wide open!!!

“sources close to a source that know a source that was a source close to another source’s brother who knew a guy at the WH.....sources say.”

FRONT PAGE....PRINT IT!!!!

“sources close to a source that know a source that was a source close to another source’s brother who knew a guy at the WH.....sources say.”

I give the Democrats credit, they're relentless.  However that credit also forces one to recognize just how despicable they are, why there is no point in reaching across the aisle to them, that they seem willing to say or do anything to gain power.  There is nothing Trump could do, NOTHING, other than inviting Hilary to the white house and handing her the reigns in some kind of executive proclamation, that would make these assholes happy.  They're going to continue to behave like hypocritical scumbags until or unless they win back power.  And I dont' see that happening anytime soon.  As such, expect more of the same and worse.  I'm actually surprised there hasn't been an assassination attempt on Trump yet by some deranged shit bag in the mold of SnowRider or Slinger.

26 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I give the Democrats credit, they're relentless.  However that credit also forces one to recognize just how despicable they are, why there is no point in reaching across the aisle to them, that they seem willing to say or do anything to gain power.  There is nothing Trump could do, NOTHING, other than inviting Hilary to the white house and handing her the reigns in some kind of executive proclamation, that would make these assholes happy.  They're going to continue to behave like hypocritical scumbags until or unless they win back power.  And I dont' see that happening anytime soon.  As such, expect more of the same and worse.  I'm actually surprised there hasn't been an assassination attempt on Trump yet by some deranged shit bag in the mold of SnowRider or Slinger.

Democrats? Seriously you think it’s the Democrats that are heading the investigation?

WOW

22 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Democrats? Seriously you think it’s the Democrats that are heading the investigation?

WOW

Wolfie lives in a perpetual state of delusion due to living in self imposed right wing propaganda world

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

This is going to slap them in the face so bad 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I just spit out my coffee.  But this is EXACTLY the kind of stuff that is sent out daily.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

WOW

Washington, many Republicans, most all the Democrats, pay attention.

• Platinum Contributing Member

So what does this show Trump did that was illegal?  :lol:  

MC you do realize its NORMAL for an incoming administration to communicate with foreign govts.  

Edited by Highmark

45 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So what does this show Trump did that was illegal?  :lol:  

MC you do realize its NORMAL for an incoming administration to communicate with foreign govts.  

I thought we covered this the LAST time they insisted he was trying to open a back channel..... :lmao:

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

I thought we covered this the LAST time they insisted he was trying to open a back channel..... :lmao:

what bad memory you have. these clowns are not doing the same things previous admins have done. nice try though.