Check your account email address ×

Canada gets slammed with big steel tariffs by donny.

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

we won't even be included in the Bill

exempt 

just imagine the impact for US businesses for the cost of steel

You're a fucking moron and your ass buddie Trudope is equally an imbicile :finger3: WRONG AGAIN FAIL 

• Like 1

trump sides with the last group of people he meets on topics so this isn't settled yet. but the dumb fuck needs to keep his mouth shut until decisions are final. he's managed to upset the markets, piss off some allies, scare away some business by annoucing shit he hasn't even finalized yet. the clown is a complete fucking idiot. 

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

He's got to do a better job than this.:lol:

Holy shit.   Nobody from Canada should ever make fun of our POTUS again after that.  :lol:  

17 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

trump sides with the last group of people he meets on topics so this isn't settled yet. but the dumb fuck needs to keep his mouth shut until decisions are final. he's managed to upset the markets, piss off some allies, scare away some business by annoucing shit he hasn't even finalized yet. the clown is a complete fucking idiot. 

Well if he gets this done he'll have in one stroke made himself a better potus than obama!!!

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

You guy don't get how this works.   Trump throws out outlandish policies.   Everyone over reacts then it settles back to where he wanted it in the beginning all the while the other side is thinking they got what THEY wanted.  :lol:   Its called the art of the deal.  :lol:   

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well if he gets this done he'll have in one stroke made himself a better potus than obama!!!

If he gets this done, he’s completely fucked up. Yes, it’s great for you and your industry, but it is an utter abortion for gdp growth, manufacturing, and construction. 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

didn't you just tell us how well the steel industry is doing? why would we risk losing alot of other jobs for a few in the steel industry? 

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

If he gets this done, he’s completely fucked up. Yes, it’s great for you and your industry, but it is an utter abortion for gdp growth, manufacturing, and construction. 

i thought you'd be all for this? 

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

China is dumping steel on the US through every major port in the world. It has gone far too long. Fuck that shit

remember me telling you trump just can't go rogue and change a bunch of shit regarding trade? that other countries weren't just going to sit back and let everything better the US? :dunno:

i could have swore you argued with me about that xlt..

Edited by Snoslinger

Just now, f7ben said:

China is dumping steel on the US through every major port in the world. It has gone far too long. Fuck that shit

I do not disagree with that statement. The problem is this: What are we going to sacrifice to fight that battle? Is that the best way to do so? It 100% is not the right way. Offer stateside incentives to using American Steel. Do NOT start tariffing a country like China. This will raise the price of steel. That will cost 10x the jobs it gains in US Steel. You can’t win every battle in a global economy. There will be losers in some industries. 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Fair trade....not free trade

Fair trade is free trade. The problem is free trade isn’t actually free now. I like one on one trade agreements, but there is value to large multinational partnerships. 

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

remember me telling you trump just can't go rogue and change a bunch of shit regarding trade? that other countries weren't just going to sit back and let everything better the US? :dunno:

i could have swore you argued with me about that xlt..

Sounds like you probably heard what you wanted to hear like usual than how many other months later completely twisted it around some more. He can change shit regarding trade. He should do so. There are a lot of deals that could be improved. Tarffing Steel is not improving. 

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I do not disagree with that statement. The problem is this: What are we going to sacrifice to fight that battle? Is that the best way to do so? It 100% is not the right way. Offer stateside incentives to using American Steel. Do NOT start tariffing a country like China. This will raise the price of steel. That will cost 10x the jobs it gains in US Steel. You can’t win every battle in a global economy. There will be losers in some industries. 

What jobs here are going to be lost over a tarrif on imports? You think they are going to stop building cars cuz Chinese still is more now :guzzle: 

Just now, Momorider said:

What jobs here are going to be lost over a tarrif on imports? You think they are going to stop building cars cuz Chinese still is more now :guzzle: 

You stupid fuck... You’re a big wig CFO with a helicopter and you can’t figure out this equation? Steel goes up, capx goes down, price of product rise. Unless you’re so clueless that you think this won’t effect the price of steel...?

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You guy don't get how this works.   Trump throws out outlandish policies.   Everyone over reacts then it settles back to where he wanted it in the beginning all the while the other side is thinking they got what THEY wanted.  :lol:   Its called the art of the deal.  :lol:   

The art of fucking up the deal maybe

:lol:

Businesses don’t like chaos.  Look at how the markets reacted to this stupid off the cuff policy announcement. 

23 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You stupid fuck... You’re a big wig CFO with a helicopter and you can’t figure out this equation? Steel goes up, capx goes down, price of product rise. Unless you’re so clueless that you think this won’t effect the price of steel...?

China is subsidizing the cost of goods in this country. That is artificial influence in the market and it is eroding our manufacturing base. It has to stop.

No more products produced by slaves with zero environmental standards dumped on our shores. It's time to level the playing field

• Like 1