Check your account email address ×

Canada gets slammed with big steel tariffs by donny.

34 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You stupid fuck... You’re a big wig CFO with a helicopter and you can’t figure out this equation? Steel goes up, capx goes down, price of product rise. Unless you’re so clueless that you think this won’t effect the price of steel...?

You're a clown no jobs will be lost you stupid inept fucking pawn :flush: 

37 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhhhahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahah *takes a breath* ahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhhahahah

47 minutes ago, f7ben said:

China is subsidizing the cost of goods in this country. That is artificial influence in the market and it is eroding our manufacturing base. It has to stop.

No more products produced by slaves with zero environmental standards dumped on our shores. It's time to level the playing field

That’s easy to say in practice but the end consumer pays to play that game. China is socially advancing at a breakneck pace. It’s better to wait that out then to poke it. We can slash regs, taxes, remove barriers, invest in infrastructure such as ports, rail, etc and allow our manufacturing to compete without playing tariff roulette. Tariffs are idiotic in most cases. Trump did good helping manufacturing with his tax bill and regulation slashing. He needs to do more there.Tariffs are a non-starter. I’m for the US investing in policy that rewards those for buying US steel. I’m not for punishing China. That won’t end well. Prices will rise. 

Ahhhhh.....Dems legislators here don’t know what to do.  Our mining industry is 100% behind this.  Lololololol......their statements on the tariffs are very deliberate.  They sure as fuck aren’t bashing Trump on this here.  They hold on by slim margins already.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ahhhhh.....Dems legislators here don’t know what to do.  Our mining industry is 100% behind this.  Lololololol......their statements on the tariffs are very deliberate.  They sure as fuck aren’t bashing Trump on this here.  They hold on by slim margins already.

Why do you think of this? 

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Why do you think of this? 

I need to take a look at what the final tariffs will be.  I’ve always been for leveling he playing field on trade.  I don’t mind that our steel is higher because I do think it’s of a higher grade and people know it.  It’s a “you get what you pay for” deal.

Overall, it’s a great negotiation strategy.  Shock the markets then reach a good agreement.  Nobody wants a trade was with the US.  Nobody.

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I need to take a look at what the final tariffs will be.  I’ve always been for leveling he playing field on trade.  I don’t mind that our steel is higher because I do think it’s of a higher grade and people know it.  It’s a “you get what you pay for” deal.

Overall, it’s a great negotiation strategy.  Shock the markets then reach a good agreement.  Nobody wants a trade was with the US.  Nobody.

We have labor and environmental standards. If our competitors are going to be allowed access to our markets then they should have similar constraints on their cost of production

• Like 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

We have labor and environmental standards. If our competitors are going to be allowed access to our markets then they should have similar constraints on their cost of production

:bc:

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That is fine. Tariffs are not the way to maximize the US market. But they don’t want that. Tariffs allow the US market to raise the price and reap the benefits at the expense of everyone else. This is a huge loser. I’m on board with sticking it to China, but not like this. 

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

That is fine. Tariffs are not the way to maximize the US market. But they don’t want that. Tariffs allow the US market to raise the price and reap the benefits at the expense of everyone else. This is a huge loser. I’m on board with sticking it to China, but not like this. 

Let’s see where this goes.  The fastest way to get negotiations started is to declare them over.  

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

You have to be the dumbest fucker on this site you sniveling coward of the highest order!

56 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Not like they are our number one trading partner or anything... 

We are your #1 neighbor though....and we have alot more natural resources then your country.