Check your account email address ×

Leave it to trump

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

bets on the first time a kid or teacher gets killed when it's taken from them :dunno:  

How about the kids that get killed before the couple of teachers that might be willing to take that responsibility can be on the scene and actually attempt to do something.  Plus my guess is without prior live shooting active duty military experience their success rate in the heat of battles slim anyways.  just like the cc holding heroes we see that claim how they would have stopped things from happening yet the times that they do is negligible.  

oh boy, now you're going to get it

:bc:

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Are you sure?  How about a felony DUI?

Felony owi in Wisconsin is 4th offense. Last count, according to the stat sheet I get from DLR, there are 18 people who hold a teaching license and have felony convictions. None are with children and 2 are employed. I don’t know if any school district that will hire a felon at this time. The 2 that are employed are apparently on probation. I can carry a professional license with a felony, but I’d never get a job. Malpractice insurance companies won’t cover. The same is true for teachers liability insurance. Whatever those two were convicted of, its no doubt a low level class I felony. 

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Well some of them just may end up hiding in a closet standing in a puddle of piss. But some may not. I have a customer who is a teacher who is a retired navy seal. I'm all in favor of letting someone like that carry.

theres always the exception but how many of those people exist.  most ex mil have never even fired their weapons at another person and would be just as ueless as someone like Daive in an active shooter situation.  :snack:  

• Haha 1

Just now, Snoslinger said:

so he's all over the place, as usual, and when called out by someone, they're the liars?

I never said anything about someone being a liar. I simply said maybe he changed his mind. Speaking of all over the place on topics, Clintons have been extremely solid in their flip flopping for decades. Lol

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

theres always the exception but how many of those people exist.  most ex mil have never even fired their weapons at another person and would be just as ueless as someone like Daive in an active shooter situation.  :snack:  

And the ones that have might have PTSD which could disqualify them from owning firearms in the near future  :snack: 

honestly is the expense of that armed guards and armed teachers in every school worth the handful of potential lives saved a year.  Its not like there are daily mass shootings and  there is roughly 30,000 high schools alone in this country.  most # killed in recent years was 42 in  2012 and that includes K-12 plus college where they usually do have armed police and yet people are killed. 

I'll just choose to not live my life in fear and teach my kids the same because they stand a better chance of being killed walking or driving to school than they do by being shot while in school.  Lots of uproar here because it tugs on the emotional heart strings of parents and gives the left and right something to work themselves up over.  

Enforcing our existing gun laws and tightening up some minor gaps in them is helpful without costing a bunch of money.   While I like to stir the pot by saying we should take mentally ill peoples guns the reality is that too would be a waste of resources given the small number of innocents killed but we should not make it easy for them to get new ones as we have the data currently to deny them the purchase with some changes to hippa  

7 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

And the ones that have might have PTSD which could disqualify them from owning firearms in the near future  :snack: 

if they have been diagnosed with PTSD they should be disqualified IMO.  when cleared by the docs then that can be reconsidered. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

honestly is the expense of that armed guards and armed teachers in every school worth the handful of potential lives saved a year.  Its not like there are daily mass shootings and  there is roughly 30,000 high schools alone in this country.  most # killed in recent years was 42 in  2012 and that includes K-12 plus college where they usually do have armed police and yet people are killed. 

I'll just choose to not live my life in fear and teach my kids the same because they stand a better chance of being killed walking or driving to school than they do by being shot while in school.  Lots of uproar here because it tugs on the emotional heart strings of parents and gives the left and right something to work themselves up over.  

Enforcing our existing gun laws and tightening up some minor gaps in them is helpful without costing a bunch of money.   While I like to stir the pot by saying we should take mentally ill peoples guns the reality is that too would be a waste of resources given the small number of innocents killed but we should not make it easy for them to get new ones as we have the data currently to deny them the purchase with some changes to hippa  

I agree, and at the end of the day, there will still be shootings even if we did all that. I also believe that some things should be done, regardless. like raising the age of purchasing, better background checks, longer wait periods, etc. if anything, it at least gives people a sense that things are being tried.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Felony owi in Wisconsin is 4th offense. Last count, according to the stat sheet I get from DLR, there are 18 people who hold a teaching license and have felony convictions. None are with children and 2 are employed. I don’t know if any school district that will hire a felon at this time. The 2 that are employed are apparently on probation. I can carry a professional license with a felony, but I’d never get a job. Malpractice insurance companies won’t cover. The same is true for teachers liability insurance. Whatever those two were convicted of, its no doubt a low level class I felony. 

:thumbsup:  Thanks for the information.

Seems pretty clear that Trump Derangement Disorder has hit the next level.  Not sure what this will lead to but I’m hoping we start seeing the end result soon.  Either tiny fists of fury in the streets or, suicide lessons in the safe places.

Shit!  How about they orchestrate a massive group “die in”.  That’ll show the nation!!!!!  AWESOMENESS!  I’ll draw up the memo. 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

bets on the first time a kid or teacher gets killed when it's taken from them :dunno:  

How about the kids that get killed before the couple of teachers that might be willing to take that responsibility can be on the scene and actually attempt to do something.  Plus my guess is without prior live shooting active duty military experience their success rate in the heat of battles slim anyways.  just like the cc holding heroes we see that claim how they would have stopped things from happening yet the times that they do is negligible.  

Accurate. Until you’ve had some two way bullet traffic, you don’t know what you’ll do. Especially considering the amped up nature where a CC holder is not putting controlled rounds on target. The military spends hundreds of hours building muscle memory so it is a mere reflex over that of concentration. Even then, sometimes you get caught off guard in combat and your decision process is not always perfect.

I don’t think putting armed guards would make it worse, I just don’t think it would be worth the cost or solve/limit the problem. Unless you have combat arms vets in every school, which is stupid anyways due to availability and message you are sending. The message of, “Hey you have a near zero percent chance of a shooting, but we are going to treat you like you are in constant danger.

The whole thing is blown out of proportion. Should we be doing more with gun control? Absolutely. I can get on board  with a number of proposals, even some from the Brady camp. 21 for AR’s like with pistols, no bump stocks, family or police mandated forfeiture until seen In front of a judge with due process fully maintained, closing a lot of loopholes. This isn’t hard. The problem is we can’t do it. We won’t. Repub, dem, Jesus, whoever... can’t solve this. 

I think this country's useful life is coming to an end:

Blacks were brought here as slaves to make money for the white owners

Europeans were brought here to work in the mills to make money for the white owners

Asians were brought here to work on railroads to make money for the rich whites

Latinos were allowed to cross in from Mexico, to make money for the white rich 

Hindus were brought in to work the computer field and make money for the rich white

The funny part about it is, those rich people never have to walk amongst those minorities at the store, or anywhere else. 

Now, what do we have in America? Many rich people, and a SHIT-HOLE of a country. 

My newspaper is day after day of violence and injury. The TV news is bad night after night. The internet is horror news, 24/7.

Day after day, and I'm about the only one on this site that says AMERICA is a shit-hole politically/socially. 

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

Yeah...he :owned: you stupid ignorant ass :thumbsup:

there are 18 people who hold a teaching license and have felony convictions.  DERP DERP DERP... But they can probably still buy a gun through the gun show loophole....derp derp derp.....  Isn't that the typical liberal response.  IDIOT!!

Edited by racer254
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Accurate. Until you’ve had some two way bullet traffic, you don’t know what you’ll do. Especially considering the amped up nature where a CC holder is not putting controlled rounds on target. The military spends hundreds of hours building muscle memory so it is a mere reflex over that of concentration. Even then, sometimes you get caught off guard in combat and your decision process is not always perfect.

I don’t think putting armed guards would make it worse, I just don’t think it would be worth the cost or solve/limit the problem. Unless you have combat arms vets in every school, which is stupid anyways due to availability and message you are sending. The message of, “Hey you have a near zero percent chance of a shooting, but we are going to treat you like you are in constant danger.

The whole thing is blown out of proportion. Should we be doing more with gun control? Absolutely. I can get on board  with a number of proposals, even some from the Brady camp. 21 for AR’s like with pistols, no bump stocks, family or police mandated forfeiture until seen In front of a judge with due process fully maintained, closing a lot of loopholes. This isn’t hard. The problem is we can’t do it. We won’t. Repub, dem, Jesus, whoever... can’t solve this. 

:thumbsup:

so the vast majprity of the country is for some more changes, like some of the things trump even mentioned the other day. so what's he do? hop right back in line as the nra instructed him to, and praise the shit out of the nra. yet obama was divisive :handjob:

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

so the vast majprity of the country is for some more changes, like some of the things trump even mentioned the other day. so what's he do? hop right back in line as the nra instructed him to, and praise the shit out of the nra. yet obama was divisive :handjob:

Pretty sure he got his pee pee slapped behind closed doors. He could go as liberal as possible and not gain a single vote from your camp for doing it, but if he would lose a chunk and a half from his base. He's the same thing as those before him. 

Edited by xtralettucetomatoe580

6 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Pretty sure he got his pee pee slapped behind closed doors. He could go as liberal as possible and not gain a single vote from your camp for doing it, but if he would lose a chunk and a half from his base. He's the same thing as those before him. 

i'm sure too, but it proves how stupid he is. instead of pleasing his hard core base all the time, somewhere around 30% of the nation, he should be concentrating on the other moderates. he's not going to lose the snakey, wolfie, and broskis votes to liberals, if he does a couple things the majority of the country want. many more moderats will jump to the liberals though. theyre starting already.