Check your account email address ×

Leave it to trump

Just now, Snoslinger said:

so the trained officer, who had a gun, in a unform, puckered up and didn't "go in"

kind of gives this "armed teacher" nonsense a good kick in the ass eh?

Yeah, just saw that.  What a pussy. And no, it doesn’t give the teacher idea any “kick”.  Some don’t know how they will react when the elephant shows up.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, just saw that.  What a pussy. And no, it doesn’t give the teacher idea any “kick”.  Some don’t know how they will react when the elephant shows up.

armed teachers present more problems than they'd solve. 

How do deterrents present problems?  

well obviously the "deterrent" in this situation didn't do shit, in several ways. it didn't deter the kid from coming in, nor did it stop him once he went in. so picture thousands of teachers with guns. the odds of bad things happening (wrong people getting shot, confusion when cops arrive, teacher's gun getting stolen etc) increase considerably. 

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

well obviously the "deterrent" in this situation didn't do shit, in several ways. it didn't deter the kid from coming in, nor did it stop him once he went in. so picture thousands of teachers with guns. the odds of bad things happening (wrong people getting shot, confusion when cops arrive, teacher's gun getting stolen etc) increase considerably. 

Look, if you want to protect the kids in the most expedient way, it’s armed deterrents.  Only a small amount of teachers would chose this option...and those are the ones we should consider. Personally, I prefer an armed LEO or two at the main entrance.  That’s what our HS has and I know one fairly well...or I should say he knows me.  He’s a good one.

If you are pushing for “ban” to protect children, you really aren’t giving a shit about the children.  

Look, if you want to protect the kids in the most expedient way, it’s armed deterrents.  Only a small amount of teachers would chose this option...and those are the ones we should consider. Personally, I prefer an armed LEO or two at the main entrance.  That’s what our HS has and I know one fairly well...or I should say he knows me.  He’s a good one.

If you are pushing for “ban” to protect children, you really aren’t giving a shit about the children.  

i like that idea better. but look at what happened in fla with their deterrent. i dont have the perfect answer, because there isn't one. but i dont see a problem with extending the purchase age to 21, better security checks, longer waits. ive said that enough lately.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

School i graduated from has a cop there full time for the last 10 yrs i know of :dunno: and can you believe no one has over powered her and shot up the place? Crazy

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

i like that idea better. but look at what happened in fla with their deterrent. i dont have the perfect answer, because there isn't one. but i dont see a problem with extending the purchase age to 21, better security checks, longer waits. ive said that enough lately.

How about all the above then?  Is the goal to protect our students from these whack jobs we’ve created or to push a political agenda?  Let’s agree it’s the first part.

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

School i graduated from has a cop there full time for the last 10 yrs i know of :dunno: and can you believe no one has over powered her and shot up the place? Crazy

You graduated? :snack:

:lmao: 

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

so the trained officer, who had a gun, in a unform, puckered up and didn't "go in"

kind of gives this "armed teacher" nonsense a good kick in the ass eh?

Gunfire is a strange thing. Real gunfire. Stuff you know is aimed at another human. Some people can’t cope with it. Nothing against him, he just chose the wrong profession. Unfortunately you don’t know until you know. The poor guy has to live with his inaction for the rest of his life. 

8 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Gunfire is a strange thing. Real gunfire. Stuff you know is aimed at another human. Some people can’t cope with it. Nothing against him, he just chose the wrong profession. Unfortunately you don’t know until you know. The poor guy has to live with his inaction for the rest of his life. 

When you have the badge and the gun , you have to go in . No matter how scared you are , you have to go in

32 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

yeah i was thinking about that. the whole nation knows about it too.

Edited by Snoslinger

20 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

When you have the badge and the gun , you have to go in . No matter how scared you are , you have to go in

It’s not that easy. I knew some serious tough guys who could whip the piss out of most, but when it came to actual death they just couldn’t perform. 

21 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Some can’t.  It is what it is.  It’s a horrifying way to find out you are in the wrong profession.

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

yeah i was thinking about that. the whole nation knows about it too.

Yeah, brutal.

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I feel for the guy. He didn’t know that’s how he’d react. Now he’s a coward to the world. 

yeah me too. poor sap likely thought he was on easy street and then this happens. wouldn't be surprised if he off's himself in the near future. 

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I feel for the guy. He didn’t know that’s how he’d react. Now he’s a coward to the world. 

Well, he’s far from being alone.  He’s just gonna be in the spotlight for a while...and I think it’s gonna get awfully bright for a bit.  

If he owns a rock, it may be a good time to set up house under it.