Check your account email address ×

Falcon Heavy

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

I don't really care about the cost so you are wrong in your assumption.

What i will say about cost is what has NASA and the trillions we've spent on NASA produced for man kind? I mean other then the NASA fan boys like you having something to cheer about??!!

My question is valid. If we landed on the moon in the 1960's what is so great about this rocket landing here on earth? 

there's quite a bit of difference. primarily, the boosters were in free fall and in varying atmospheric conditions. not saying what we did when landing on the moon was simple, but this is just a lot more complex.

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

I'm curious why are these people cheering like this is some great accomplishment?? If we did indeed go to the moon in the 1960's shouldn't we be far more advanced with space travel by now? If they were able to land on the moon and then take off from the moon and come back to the earth why are these Space X launches and reentry and landings so great? 

Reusable, way cheaper, more power, substantially more sophisticated :dunno:  

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

oh I forgot, the moon landing was performed with some cardboard props, crayons, and some cameras.

why am I even bothering with you jtssrx. jesus.

:lol:

I can’t believe that there are people that actually think the moon landing was faked...I mean WTF? :lol:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I can’t believe that there are people that actually think the moon landing was faked...I mean WTF? :lol:

add "or that think the earth is flat" to that statement.

Edited by Snoslinger

9 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Here's a video of people mocking Space X

I don't believe that any of this is fake and I don't have the hour plus to watch that video right now. I have been to many horizontal boster tests of the old Space Shuttle and the ARES 1 rockets. The most powerful thing I will ever see bar none! Space X has developed a reusable liquid motor that has heavy lifting capabilities. And they have the tech to land the rockets back on a pad with little or no damage. So they have a crew carrier and a truck to haul the cargo. Now they need to get astronauts up soon because the ISS will not be up there forever. So, later, that means landing on the moon and in turn using it as a jumping point to destinations much further out once they develop the necessary propulsion et al

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No it wasn’t and you’re delusional. 

Yes it was and your a sheep. 

2 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Your stupidity really needs to be put on ignore :flush: 

oh please don't ignore me. 

Honestly I don't care about any of it. I just want to live a nice life with my wife, sons friends and family. 

I just chuckle at all the excitement over something that does nothing for any of us. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

The reason we haven't been back to the moon is because there's an alien earth observatory on the dark side of the moon and they warned us not to return...

:news:

Yeah...we'd best leave that shit alone. 

Not this shit though...we should touch this!

Related image

11 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Honestly I don't care about any of it. I just want to live a nice life with my wife, sons friends and family. 

I just chuckle at all the excitement over something that does nothing for any of us. 

Well, the operation did have some merits. And there's nothing wrong with some moments of "coolness" in life.  It also showed that private operations are better than government funded ones and can reach the same goals in less time with less money.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Well you’re putting your kids at a disadvantage if you are teaching them your nonsense.

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...we'd best leave that shit alone. 

Not this shit though...we should touch this!

Related image

Well, the operation did have some merits. And there's nothing wrong with some moments of "coolness" in life.  It also showed that private operations are better than government funded ones and can reach the same goals in less time with less money.

Captain obvious! 😀

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It is not.  Elon is a liberal.  This is money well spent.  Americans can go hungry if they don’t like space travel!!!!

The mere idea that we are anywhere near traveling to habitable planets is completely laughable.  If you want to convince us the money spent on space travel benefits mankind in way x or y fine but its insulting our intelligence to think we waste resources to find other livable planets.  

I've never understood this theory that we need to waste resources on any mission to find an alternative planet.  When mankind.....sorry peoplekinds time to become extinct then its time.  I can see spending resources to protect the earth from Comets and asteroids but to live on the moon or some planet light years away is a waste.  

The probe we sent to Pluto took 9.5 years (3 billion miles).   The closest possibly inhabitable planet is 25 trillion miles away or 8,333 x's farther.   The proposed fastest probe we could make would take almost 18,000 years to reach it.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The mere idea that we are anywhere near traveling to habitable planets is completely laughable.  If you want to convince us the money spent on space travel benefits mankind in way x or y fine but its insulting our intelligence to think we waste resources to find other livable planets.  

I've never understood this theory that we need to waste resources on any mission to find an alternative planet.  When mankind.....sorry peoplekinds time to become extinct then its time.  I can see spending resources to protect the earth from Comets and asteroids but to live on the moon or some planet light years away is a waste.  

The probe we sent to Pluto took 9.5 years (3 billion miles).   The closest possibly inhabitable planet is 25 trillion miles away or 8,333 x's farther.   The proposed fastest probe we could make would take almost 18,000 years to reach it.  :lol:  

Agreed.  Althought it's fun to dream and think.  All this science fiction fantasy can be done up with CGI.  We aren't going anywere...and shouldn't be allowed to if we could.  Shit, we still can't figure out all the stuff on this planet...but hey!  What's going on with Saturn?  SEND A PROBE!!!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Agreed.  Althought it's fun to dream and think.  All this science fiction fantasy can be done up with CGI.  We aren't going anywere...and shouldn't be allowed to if we could.  Shit, we still can't figure out all the stuff on this planet...but hey!  What's going on with Saturn?  SEND A PROBE!!!!!

Common sense man.  When we figure out how to bend space or create wormholes then maybe.  

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well you’re putting your kids at a disadvantage if you are teaching them your nonsense.

I don’t talk about any of this shit with my kids. It’s all a waste of time.