Check your account email address ×

Falcon Heavy

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Some of you just lack any imagination at all. Sad.

Bullshit.   I imagine it would have been pretty hard to get to space at all if we were all operating on an equally shared society without capitalism or an authority structure in place.  :lol:   

"Hey its my turn to ride the rocket"   "No it isn't Jim you rode it 3 times ago its my turn."  :lol:  

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Bullshit.   I imagine it would have been pretty hard to get to space at all if we were all operating on an equally shared society without capitalism or an authority structure in place.  :lol:   

"Hey its my turn to ride the rocket"   "No it isn't Jim you rode it 3 times ago its my turn."  :lol:  

Remember Sputnik? :news:

Just now, motonoggin said:

Remember Sputnik? :news:

Yep, no authoritarian structure in that communist society.  :lol:   Try and read my previous post more slowly.  

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

remember sputnik happened because the USSR wanted to be the alpha not someones bitch.  you know the thing you ignore in your utopian society.

No one said there wouldn't be authority, just absence of unjustified authority. 

I mean, there is a difference. I'm sure you're just being willfully ignorant fuckbois when you try to conflate justified and unjustified authority/hierarchy, but whatever...

A space program is a wonderful example of justified authority. The people who know how to actually get to space have authority when it comes to their area of expertise. Just as a surgeon would in an operating room. 

32 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

remember sputnik happened because the USSR wanted to be the alpha not someones bitch.  you know the thing you ignore in your utopian society.

Sputnik happened cuz the Russians captured the better German scientists after the war but the US had more money so they eventually won the space race :)

35 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I mean, there is a difference. I'm sure you're just being willfully ignorant fuckbois when you try to conflate justified and unjustified authority/hierarchy, but whatever...

A space program is a wonderful example of justified authority. The people who know how to actually get to space have authority when it comes to their area of expertise. Just as a surgeon would in an operating room. 

lots of words to say basically nothing-  but that's typical of your posts

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

Sputnik happened cuz the Russians captured the better German scientists after the war but the US had more money so they eventually won the space race :)

True story.  Those fuckers got in there and raided the top shelfers for sure.  But...gotta have money, honey!

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

well we got the bomb first so i'd argue who got the better scientists but  the germans had the best scientists out there at the time without whom both the us and soviets would have been much later in their space missions.  

• Gold Member

Omgzzz.  Maximum max to the 11111111111 cool shit!!!!!!  a rocket was launched from the US with a Tesla on board by the greatest billionaire Evah!!!!!  And he got the used  booster back!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile back in the 1970’s

• Like 1

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

:lol:  Who makes that judgement?  

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

well we got the bomb first so i'd argue who got the better scientists but  the germans had the best scientists out there at the time without whom both the us and soviets would have been much later in their space missions.  

Got the Bomb because of the German Scientists that left Germany before the war seeing the writing on the wall when Hitler came to power :news: 

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

:lol:  Who makes that judgement?  

Finally a good question. 

The people who are/would be at the bottom of the hierarchy get to decide if it's justified.

2 hours ago, washedupmxer said:

Truer words haven't been spoken

Herpity derpity derp...

11 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Finally a good question. 

The people who are/would be at the bottom of the hierarchy get to decide if it's justified.

Herpity derpity derp...

You mean........by elections?  :lol: 

Just now, motonoggin said:

:dunno:

Is this your way of admitting that you're completely uninformed and outclassed on the subject? 

I just think how it evolves is hilarious.   I've read up plenty on it and I don't recall seeing much of anything on elections.  :lol:  

The entire wiki page on Anarchism mentions the word "election" once and its about a historical election in Spain.

I'll say it again moto much of what you preach in the elimination of govt I agree with and can get on board with to a point.  However if mankind going back centuries practiced "collectivism" we would still be stuck a few steps above the stone ages.  

50 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I just think how it evolves is hilarious.   I've read up plenty on it and I don't recall seeing much of anything on elections.  :lol:  

The entire wiki page on Anarchism mentions the word "election" once and its about a historical election in Spain.

I'll say it again moto much of what you preach in the elimination of govt I agree with and can get on board with to a point.  However if mankind going back centuries practiced "collectivism" we would still be stuck a few steps above the stone ages.  

Then you haven't really read anything on the subject. 

One of the cornerstones of anarchism is self determination through direct democracy. 

Please excuse yourself from this conversation