Check your account email address ×

Northern Michigan

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

I was suppose to take off for St. Germain today.   Our group of couples backed out as I'm just not hearing good enough reports, especially for the traffic that will be there this weekend.   2 couples were going to stay by mass city.   I'll get a report tomorrow.  

My best bud picked up 4" of good snow  yesterday on top of a 4-5" base.  He's on the South side of Pelican lake on County G about 2 miles west off of Hwy 45.  Roadside Pub if ur ever in the area.   My sled is there and wish I could make this weekend work up there.  Talked to him yesterday and he said the trails look great. 

Edited by jammin

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, jammin said:

My best bud picked up 4" of good snow  yesterday on top of a 4-5" base.  He's on the South side of Pelican lake on County G about 2 miles west off of Hwy 45.  Roadside Pub if ur ever in the area.   My sled is there and wish I could make this weekend work up there.  Talked to him yesterday and he said the trails look great. 

I'll check it out the next time I'm up that way.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'll check it out the next time I'm up that way.  

Owner is Dave and tell him John from the eastside of Milwaukee sent you- Tell him ur beers or sodas are on me.  I'll cover it.   :bc: 

• Like 1

We were having a few at Uncle Kents the other day and two old timers had to ride all the way to Tomahawk yet.   It was about 5pm already.  

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

We were having a few at Uncle Kents the other day and two old timers had to ride all the way to Tomahawk yet.   It was about 5pm already.  

Yikes, thats a haul-  My son, Dave, Brew Swill Us and Preston were in or around ER last weekend and had to ride a bit back to Pelican.  We stay at Daves when we go there, FYI.  They were fine drink count wise but we know how that s*** can work or not. 

1 minute ago, jammin said:

Yikes, thats a haul-  My son, Dave, Brew Swill Us and Preston were in or around ER last weekend and had to ride a bit back to Pelican.  We stay at Daves when we go there, FYI.  They were fine drink count wise but we know how that s*** can work or not. 

Uncle Kent is a treat.   Entertaining to say the least.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jammin said:

Huh?  Thought you had the new Polaris? 

I do....the chassis is awesome. The motor is just ok. Polaris surrounded it in garbage alla arctic cat style.

Bearings and bushings all shot at 2400 miles. Primary clutch is junk. Had a couple odd check engine lights throw the sled into limp mode last time I rode it. They cleared and never came back but it didn't give me a warm fuzzy. 

Back to the 1200 and I'll be happy

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I do....the chassis is awesome. The motor is just ok. Polaris surrounded it in garbage alla arctic cat style.

Bearings and bushings all shot at 2400 miles. Primary clutch is junk. Had a couple odd check engine lights throw the sled into limp mode last time I rode it. They cleared and never came back but it didn't give me a warm fuzzy. 

U were always happy on the model.  :bc: 

5 hours ago, jtssrx said:

They suck and you're not welcome in Michigan stay the fuck out

No bullshit, Michigan loves me!

I'm actually almost 2 weeks out from going to MI, I found a baller property to stay in Harbor Springs, or do I go 2 star in Newberry where I know the snow is deep.....it's a trip with my wife and I'm thinking go for the snow, although with good snow the tip of the mitt is it..... :bc: 

Yes because Fucktards will go ride 6 inches of fresh snow on top of mud. 

Michigan needs to close trails when the warmups happens, but since it's Michigan it's ready or not tear it up.

I was in the UP last week and on the way back home the only place that looked ridable in the lower was north of Gaylord. Everything else looked like ice. 

Good report!

2 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

@Mileage Psycho the ambassador of Michigan says youre not welcome there. You better find somewhere else!!!!

Talking about somewhere else, I'm heading up next Thursday to northern WI or the Yoop (probably the Yoop) going home on Sunday let me know if you're interested, wherever I land it will be stellar as I'm done riding fair conditions from here on out this season.

BTW, let's get the Canada dates tightened up :bc: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I'll tell you what, I've noticed there are some things that skidoo does better. Those seals on the idler wheels is one of them. Skidoo bushings are plastic shit too tho. The clutching on this assault is pretty fucking good tho.