Check your account email address ×

Entitled Capitalist Flips Out At Student Employee For Quitting Crappy Low Wage Job

39 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I am starting a contract in a couple of months. The work will last approximately 4 to 5 months with most of the work requiring an on site presence. I need a person to assist me on the project. Their role would be to gather information that I need to put together and execute the project. A lot of it is pretty basic. Open a server cabinet, list the make and model of the server and how many rack units it occupies, how many power cords and data connections. Then map out where those data cables patch into and the sockets the power cords plug into. I would be doing the same for part of the time. Once I plan the execution of the project and map out step by step what needs to be done to achieve the objective he / she will need to follow the plan precisely along with some of the employees of the company we are doing the work for. Most of the people I have interviewed want the same as I am getting paid or in some cases even more. They would need to set themselves up as a sole proprietorship. I am not going to be saddled with the complexities of having them as an employee for a few months and the liabilities that go along with it. I will have a Master Services Agreement with them and deal with getting all the authorization / permits required to do the work.

If things go wrong it's me that has to answer to the client and face the penalties not my assistant.

But I guess in Doponoggins world to only pay them 80% of what I get for their time as part of the contract would be exploitation even though there isn't any risk on their part but lots on mine.

Yeah moto dolezal does factor risk 

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

If he makes more money on him than he pays him, he is. 

That's what capitalism is all about.

:lol:  right the business owner who takes all the risk should not make anything for creating that job for him,  you are an idiot

Everyone has the choice to work for themselves if they want to make all the income,  then they can deal with all the rest of the bullshit.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

:lol:  right the business owner who takes all the risk should not make anything for creating that job for him,  you are an idiot

Everyone has the choice to work for themselves if they want to make all the income,  then they can deal with all the rest of the bullshit.  

Exactly, because there's absolutely no risk, stress or fear of impending financial ruin for small business owners!!  They don't risk anything more than the employess just there to get their guaranteed check every pay day!  It's an easy life and if you own your own business...YUR RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unreal.  I couldn't paint more sarcasm in that statement with a mop and a five gallon bucket full of it.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

I am starting a contract in a couple of months. The work will last approximately 4 to 5 months with most of the work requiring an on site presence. I need a person to assist me on the project. Their role would be to gather information that I need to put together and execute the project. A lot of it is pretty basic. Open a server cabinet, list the make and model of the server and how many rack units it occupies, how many power cords and data connections. Then map out where those data cables patch into and the sockets the power cords plug into. I would be doing the same for part of the time. Once I plan the execution of the project and map out step by step what needs to be done to achieve the objective he / she will need to follow the plan precisely along with some of the employees of the company we are doing the work for. Most of the people I have interviewed want the same as I am getting paid or in some cases even more. They would need to set themselves up as a sole proprietorship. I am not going to be saddled with the complexities of having them as an employee for a few months and the liabilities that go along with it. I will have a Master Services Agreement with them and deal with getting all the authorization / permits required to do the work.

If things go wrong it's me that has to answer to the client and face the penalties not my assistant.

But I guess in Doponoggins world to only pay them 80% of what I get for their time as part of the contract would be exploitation even though there isn't any risk on their part but lots on mine.

I would think most people interested would be independent contractors so they should already be setup and have a fee structure already.  Its very common.

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

On the plus side, if you are a young, hard working employee there is all kinds of opportunity for you.

My daughter and SIL have done very well for themselves, but they show up and work hard everyday. 

My nephew and niece are similar... both doing quite well.

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I would think most people interested would be independent contractors so they should already be setup and have a fee structure already.  Its very common.

Actually most of the people I have been seeing have been people who have been recently displaced due to restructures or outsourcing. It's primarily collecting information in a DC environment based on what I tell them I need to know. This would be a temporary solution for them. Almost all of them are looking for long term full time employment. Their skill levels would be on par with those that install servers in cabinets and patch in the communications / power cables. No configuration required. I have one person I am negotiating with. He would be earning approximately double what he earned in the past

Edited by 02sled

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Actually most of the people I have been seeing have been people who have been recently displaced due to restructures or outsourcing. It's primarily collecting information in a DC environment based on what I tell them I need to know. This would be a temporary solution for them. Almost all of them are looking for long term full time employment.

You would be surprised how that scenario pushes many into self-employment.

54 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I agree... if you have a skill set there is demand.

Skill can be taught and comes with experience. Work ethic, not so much. I would take my kid over 3 more qualified techs. Most of the shit you learn in school makes for a good base of understanding, but in the real world a lot of it is not practical. most jobs you will learn everything you need to know on the job.  Our office girl knew nothing about the business six months ago, now you would think she has been doing it all her life.  Friendly, great attitude.  

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Skill can be taught and comes with experience. Work ethic, not so much. I would take my kid over 3 more qualified techs. Most of the shit you learn in school makes for a good base of understanding, but in the real world a lot of it is not practical. most jobs you will learn everything you need to know on the job.  Our office girl knew nothing about the business six months ago, now you would think she has been doing it all her life.  Friendly, great attitude.  

she hot? Any pics?

11 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Work ethic is key. I worked wit a CIO who used to say

BA = Bugger All

MBA = More Bugger All

PHD = Piled Higher and Deeper

What it tells me is you have the ability to learn and think analytically. Now let's teach you what you really need to know to be productive in business.

I had one guy who was on my team... not the fastest, not the slowest, but whatever you gave him to do you could be totally confident it would be done and done correctly. If it meant he stayed a bit late to finish things off he would without being asked. I would gladly have 10 of him.

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Exactly, because there's absolutely no risk, stress or fear of impending financial ruin for small business owners!!  They don't risk anything more than the employess just there to get their guaranteed check every pay day!  It's an easy life and if you own your own business...YUR RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unreal.  I couldn't paint more sarcasm in that statement with a mop and a five gallon bucket full of it.

Ha.  Can you imagine a business owner asking employees to share in the losses?  Getting sued, building burns down, etc.  We're partners right?

Yeah , fuck you. That's your problem.im going to find someone else to exploit my labor.

If you cant find good employees you arent paying enough.....plain and simple. If the job is so low skill that you cant afford to pay them more than expect to deal with high turnover.

This is not fucking rocket science :lol: 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If you cant find good employees you arent paying enough.....plain and simple. If the job is so low skill that you cant afford to pay them more than expect to deal with high turnover.

This is not fucking rocket science :lol: 

Well there you go everyone! Problem solved! Thanks ben

3 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

Well there you go everyone! Problem solved! Thanks ben

I'm not the one crying cause I cant find dedicated hard working individuals to show up and waste their time for peanuts. That'd be you retard 

I'd rather have the 20 somethings at my place now than the ones my old man had in the 70's   

We have low turnover and very little theft or damage to machinery.

We pay well, have good benefits and profit sharing.