Check your account email address ×

Senate breaks Dem filibuster, clearing way to end government shutdown

• Platinum Contributing Member

Guess the polls weren't in their favor.  :lol: 

The Senate on Monday voted 81-18 to break a Democratic filibuster on a government spending bill, clearing the way for Congress to approve the stopgap measure and end the three-day government shutdown. 

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Damn, the Repub war machine bayonet charged the Dems and sent them scurrying. Good job Mitchel. What a miscalculation by the Dems. I bet Chuck won’t be in that role for long...

This won't be the last.....they are simply trying to fire up their base and take the focus off the failing Mueller investigations and corruption inside the FBI and DOJ.   

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

This won't be the last.....they are simply trying to fire up their base and take the focus off the failing Mueller investigations and corruption inside the FBI and DOJ.   

Bingo

5 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Demonrats look stupid on this one 

All in the grand design of their plan.  I mean, it just has to be.  No organization can look this stupid without a goal to do so.

High-larry-ous!!!!!!!

:lol:

Total clown show.

32 minutes ago, Snake said:

List yours.... :lmao:

Dem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem Underground

Brit HumeVerified account @brithume
FollowFollow @brithume
More

I doubted it was possible, but Dems have actually lost a shutdown fight. Schumer has agreed to end the filibuster in exchange for practically nothing. Make no mistake: Schumer & Dems caved. What a political fiasco.

13 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:
Brit HumeVerified account @brithume
FollowFollow @brithume
More

I doubted it was possible, but Dems have actually lost a shutdown fight. Schumer has agreed to end the filibuster in exchange for practically nothing. Make no mistake: Schumer & Dems caved. What a political fiasco.

Must be some seriously juicy shit coming out this week on the fisa fiasco... 

14 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

All the grandstanding made the Dems look like the boobies that they are.............

I think the Dumbs just wanted to remind America of how massively cunty they really are. I love the fact they keep shooting themselves in the foot. :lmao:

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Just what media outlets do you guys listen to?

I don't care what the polls show regarding support for DACA.   Shutting the govt down for American's for illegals was not a smart political move on the part of the dems.  

47 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So nothing changed on what they voted no  on Friday???  

Correct.

34 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I watched both sides explain it. Both came to a 3 week agreement.

Incorrect (no surprise).

32 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

What did the democrats get today that they didn’t have on Friday?

Nothing.

25 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Dem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem UndergroundDem Underground

LOL!!!

Just now, Highmark said:

I don't care what the polls show regarding support for DACA.   Shutting the govt down for American's for illegals was not a smart political move on the part of the dems.  

it was yet another moment where I just watched and shook my head trying to figure out an end game or a win in any way for the Dems.  Seriously.  How did they think this was gonna play out in America?

Just now, Zambroski said:

it was yet another moment where I just watched and shook my head trying to figure out an end game or a win in any way for the Dems.  Seriously.  How did they think this was gonna play out in America?

The bill was packed with things the dem's support and they still voted against it for one reason DACA.   Now every single GOP member has campaign ad material for next fall.   It just wasn't smart politics.  

At least some people in the GOP have the guts to not party line vote even if the reasons are childish.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Zambroski said:

They thought it would make the gop look bad. Hoping to reap the reward come next nov.Then they remembered the attn. span of the average American is about 15 minutes.