Check your account email address ×

Fuck skidoo

Anler

Thursday I had the aids pretty bad, I was not looking forward to the 7-8 hour drive north thru the night. Got to about rhinelander and had to stop and take a nap, the aids was kicking my ass.  Woke up about 3 hours later and surprisingly felt pretty good, drive up the rest of the way.

Wake up about 8am and was gonna swap some stuff off the etec before I traded it. Fucked won't start. I'm like wtf? They aren't going to want this thing now. I say fuck it, drive up. They are super busy, I tell them who I am and they get the sled ready. Go to the office do the paperwork. They're like you wanna unload your sled and we'll bring the new one out to your truck? I tell him it won't start. Drive around to unload with the forklift. Load new one, they say"see you later". I was maybe there a whole 15 minutes, nobody walked me thru the sled, explained anything, asked about my sled... so I leave. 

Instantly I feel like $1,000,000, the aids has magically disappeared. I'm like, "wow, that skidoo was like aids" glad it's gone.

So I'm selling the rest of my skidoo stuff if anybody wants some aids products. I have:

•  linq bags
  • saddlebags
  • 5.7 pilot skis
  • clutch tools and a puller
  • USI x2 skis
  • A medium windshield with side reflectors and mirrors WITH current Michigan and wisconsin trail passes installed!
  • A used cover. 
  • Oh and I have that killer seat that raises you 2". Great upgrade!

If anybody is looking for any of this stuff let me know. :bc:

Edited by Arctic Cat Destroyer

7 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

It was an epic and truly awesome sled, right up until he bought something else.

I see  a lot of that in here. A guy buys a sled and it's the greatest sled ever. A couple of years later he buys another brand and all others are junk.

45 minutes ago, small-bore said:

I see  a lot of that in here. A guy buys a sled and it's the greatest sled ever. A couple of years later he buys another brand and all others are junk.

Cough cough "woolie" 

3 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Yup, they,re kinda like women. Pick your poison.

Some of us just want as skanky hardcore bitch that will slam shooters all night before doing all the gross things to you that you want her to do......all day long.  Some like the courting thing where they swap stolen glances across the Applebee's restaurant and have long walks on the beach where they talk about their future and family.  The last group just likes dudes and/or fat chicks.  

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Etec was fine its just not as good as this one. 

It was interesting switching off with Angry G and his 16 Freeride.  We went about 5 miles on some choppy, some fast, some curves.  First thing we both said was "theres some things I like better with the Assault and some I like better with the Freeride.  The R motion told me that I'm not done dialing in my suspension yet.  Have you checked where they have it set, or have you messed with anything yet?  Everyone has an opinion obviously, but the consensus seems to be run these things really soft, like 2 off full soft (?!) on all 4 shocks, and lowest on the torsions as well, for guys 225-250 geared and accessoried up.  Thats pretty unusual, but I want to try jacking up  the torsions to the middle setting, cuz while it worked well, it wasn't as plush through the chop.  The idea being, raise the skid up higher and softer in its travel.  We'll see.  I put about 4500 miles on my Freeride and forgot how good that skid is.  I could be happy on any of them truthfully,  alotta times with me its just doing a change of pace.  You wanna know another really nice sled....Sal Rosenbergs New 137 Cross Country.  That is a quality unit, and I know it handles really good.  Another bud has a new G4 Freeride 850 137 that I want to take a ride on as well.

Edited by DriftBusta

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

It was interesting switching off with Angry G and his 16 Freeride.  We went about 5 miles on some choppy, some fast, some curves.  First thing we both said was "theres some things I like better with the Assault and some I like better with the Freeride.  The R motion told me that I'm not done dialing in my suspension yet.  Have you checked where they have it set, or have you messed with anything yet?  Everyone has an opinion obviously, but the consensus seems to be run these things really soft, like 2 off full soft (?!) on all 4 shocks, and lowest on the torsions as well, for guys 225-250 geared and accessoried up.  Thats pretty unusual, but I want to try jacking up  the torsions to the middle setting, cuz while it worked well, it wasn't as plush through the chop.  The idea being, raise the skid up higher and softer in its travel.  We'll see.  I put about 4500 miles on my Freeride and forgot how good that skid is.  I could be happy on any of them truthfully,  alotta times with me its just doing a change of pace.  You wanna know another really nice sled....Sal Rosenbergs New 137 Cross Country.  That is a quality unit, and I know it handles really good.  Another bud has a new G4 Freeride 850 137 that I want to take a ride on as well.

I did not really have a chance to mess with the settings yet but you are correct. These shocks are valves very stiff. I had heard that the springs were stiff but take a set after a few hundred miles so I ran everything on full soft. The rmotion may be more plush(minutely) but this isn't far off. I'm thinking some different shocks or valving will make this as good.

The front end on the poo is superior to skidoo. That was one of the first things I noticed the first time I rode one. I hot dogged it thru some pretty knockered up icy shit the other day with no problem so I'm not really missing the rmotion just yet. I'm gonna mess with it and do some research but I think with a little work this thing is gonna slay.

2 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Thursday I had the aids pretty bad, I was not looking forward to the 7-8 hour drive north thru the night. Got to about rhinelander and had to stop and take a nap, the aids was kicking my ass.  Woke up about 3 hours later and surprisingly felt pretty good, drive up the rest of the way.

Wake up about 8am and was gonna swap some stuff off the etec before I traded it. Fucked won't start. I'm like wtf? They aren't going to want this thing now. I say fuck it, drive up. They are super busy, I tell them who I am and they get the sled ready. Go to the office do the paperwork. They're like you wanna unload your sled and we'll bring the new one out to your truck? I tell him it won't start. Drive around to unload with the forklift. Load new one, they say"see you later". I was maybe there a whole 15 minutes, nobody walked me thru the sled, explained anything, asked about my sled... so I leave. 

Instantly I feel like $1,000,000, the aids has magically disappeared. I'm like, "wow, that skidoo was like aids" glad it's gone.

So I'm selling the rest of my skidoo stuff if anybody wants some aids products. I have:

•  linq bags
  • saddlebags
  • 5.7 pilot skis
  • clutch tools and a puller
  • USI x2 skis
  • A medium windshield with side reflectors and mirrors WITH current Michigan and wisconsin trail passes installed!
  • A used cover. 

If anybody is looking for any of this stuff let me know. :bc:

What cover is it? Interested in the link bags to. 

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

What cover is it? Interested in the link bags to. 

Its an xp  cover. I'll post some pics later

Edited by Arctic Cat Destroyer
  • Thanks 1